Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• I'm not a lawyer like some of you all, but think he'll be good. Feared for the clerks life and for his own during the event. Good reason in this day an age though to have some carry insurance if you do carry.

Would be justified in FL (although a charge for carrying in the PO might follow) and the hoodie did a great job of containing the mess, how courteous of the moron to make sure it was tied nice and tight.

...... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I'm not a lawyer like some of you all, but think he'll be good. Feared for the clerks life and for his own during the event. Good reason in this day an age though to have some carry insurance if you do carry.

My apologies - I watched it first on my phone and I did not see the gun in the robbers hand. Watched on iPad and saw it. Looks like a good shoot to me - depending where it happened and the DA. I’m sure carry insurance would be very helpful in this case.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Damn - that looks like straight up murder unless I missed something !!

Pistol in the left hand, transferred to the right about the time he suffered a cranial relocation. A bit quick on the trigger in my opinion. It looked like he could have taken the weapon, but I wasn't there, one foot away from an armed robbery in progress and we can't hear the exchange. But who robs a post office? And who walks up next to a guy that size like he's not even there? Probably picked it as a 'soft' target because of the law. Fatal mistake for the dead guy, tactical error for the still alive guy. That is a federal offense. You can't even carry on the property so stuffing your gun in the glove box is still a violation.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Pistol in the left hand, transferred to the right about the time he suffered a cranial relocation. A bit quick on the trigger in my opinion. It looked like he could have taken the weapon, but I wasn't there, one foot away from an armed robbery in progress and we can't hear the exchange. But who robs a post office? And who walks up next to a guy that size like he's not even there? Probably picked it as a 'soft' target because of the law. Fatal mistake for the dead guy, tactical error for the still alive guy. That is a federal offense. You can't even carry on the property so stuffing your gun in the glove box is still a violation.

What about that crazy gun law just passed up in your beautiful State of Oregon? Major props to the Sheriff up there that refused to enforce it. What do you and your circle think about it ?? Not thrilled I’m sure !!

• What about that crazy gun law just passed up in your beautiful State of Oregon? Major props to the Sheriff up there that refused to enforce it. What do you and your circle think about it ?? Not thrilled I’m sure !!

They're pissed beyond belief. Over here in Washington we're not much better off but that Oregon law is unbelievably unconstitutional. It looks like our collective governments just want to bankrupt their citizens with lawsuits funded by the populace on both sides. There is no 'of the people, by the people, for the people; anymore. It's them against us and the goal is not to enrich or enhance our lives. It's all about taking and restricting. Where did America go?

Wait! Did I end up on the politics thread?:/

How about those Yankees?:baseball:

• A bit quick on the trigger in my opinion.

I disagree. Small space, nowhere to move,pistol in the morons far hand, clerk to the right, bystander to the left, only one clear line of fire which was through the moron.

A master class in situational awareness and reaction time.

...... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I can't disagree with you there. I guess my assessment was based on the fact that he was carrying on federal property. If I were to carry in a prohibited space, which, of course, I never would, but IF I were to do that, I would enter with the mindset of removing myself from any dicey situations. But when faced with life or death you have to make that decision, and if you favor your life you might choose to carry in a prohibited area anyway. The one thing he did which I tell myself is what I would do is don't pull your gun until you're ready to use it. No orders, no conversation, the decision has been made. It would have looked better (on tape) if the perp had raised or pointed his weapon. But if he verbally threatened to shoot you have to take that into account as well. I'd like to hear how this plays out.

Edit: I know you'll say if he raises it, it might be too late. I get that. I just said it would have looked better on tape.

• The shooter had to be X military, gangster, or REALLY well trained - he popped the perp and casually walked away like he just bought a candy bar - they woulda had to peel me off the ceiling I woulda had so much adrenaline flowing:00008172:

• Got my Ruger .22lr precision to the range yesterday to check zero. Supposed to have a match on Sunday but weather looks cold, we'll see. Vortex viper on it optics wise. Swapped the barrel (prob wasn't worth the $) and tuned the trigger on this one myself and added a can. Will shoot dimes all day at 100yards and out to 250 yards it gets fun. Ballistic arc wise, the .22lr is close to a .308 it's kinda crazy. Pic is from a match last year, range was indoors :)

• Got my Ruger .22lr precision to the range yesterday to check zero. Supposed to have a match on Sunday but weather looks cold, we'll see. Vortex viper on it optics wise. Swapped the barrel (prob wasn't worth the $) and tuned the trigger on this one myself and added a can. Will shoot dimes all day at 100yards and out to 250 yards it gets fun. Ballistic arc wise, the .22lr is close to a .308 it's kinda crazy. Pic is from a match last year, range was indoors :)

Tell us about your zero 3GunSteve . Do you zero at 100 or something different? If you do, what is your hold-over at 250?

I zeroed two of my 22lrs and my newer .17hmr at 50 yards to splatterfy Nutria in my pond. I haven't shot any longer distances to see where they're at.