What pressure washer do you recommend?

• Looking for preference, recommendation or experience with electric pressure washer.

Top pick for me currently is a Sun Joe SPX 4004 at $179.

Just looking for one to wash the Sling, car and maybe house siding on occasion.

Those of you who own a pressure washer (prefer electric to gas) what is your advice?

• My old craftsman that was about 12 years old finally died and picked up this one earlier in the spring : https://www.homedepot.com/p/RY…her-RY1419MTVNM/311223300

Even though my craftsman was a 2200 psi, this one, I'm sure because it's new, feels like it puts out twice the power. It's strong enough I don't put the nozzle close to my sling, afraid it might pull paint

• Looking for preference, recommendation or experience with electric pressure washer.

Top pick for me currently is a Sun Joe SPX 4004 at $179.

Just looking for one to wash the Sling, car and maybe house siding on occasion.

Those of you who own a pressure washer (prefer electric to gas) what is your advice?

Had electric went to gas more power. Home Depot Riobi with honda engine 2800 psi. You will need the power like I did when cleaning off dried cement from road

• Just be careful pressure washing anywhere near the engine and wheel/axle bearing areas. The most pressure I'd feel comfortable using around those areas would be the metal spray handle you attach to the your garden hose. Something like this will give you a concentrated stream to remove dirt/mud w/o having so much pressure to force water into areas normally sealed from water - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Garde…r-Washer-USA/373100204123. I have a similar model that has 2 interchangeable tips for fan vs stream spray, but I just ordered the one I referenced since it has an adjustable spray for convenience.

I also recommend using something like this when power washing large areas like patios, parking spots, driveways or sidewalks - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spray…d-Gun-Nozzle/193605011143. It helps maintain a constant height for smoother cleaning while saving your back.

• I have an electric Ryobi power washer rated around2 GPM at 1800 psi or so. I've had it a couple years now and when I start it it has a tendency to run-on and not necessarily stop when I release the spray handle. I think it's somehow related to the internal pressure switch. There are some YouTube videos about this, but I'm not totally sure if that is the problem.

• Might want to consider amperage draw...

Make sure your power outlets will support your choice.

Otherwise, no joy.

Also keep in mind how long you need an extension cord to be to get where you want to work as power drop over longer distances can definitely affect performance. Personally, I feel an electric power washer is sufficient for the average suburban homeowner unless dealing with large jobs or operating away from electric power sources, then gas is definitely needed.

• I guess what pressure washer you should get depends on what you want if for and what you are going to use it for. In my view what you need for washing cars is very different that what you need for washing cement or second story siding.

I wanted a pressure washer that was going to be strictly for my Slingshot and my wife's car, as such I didnt want or need extreme high pressure - fact is too much pressure can actually be dangerous when washing a car - it can remove paint, and it can force water into places where it shouldn't be.

considering this I got a little Ryobi 1,600 psi pressure washer - I actually bought a refurbished unit and it was under $100 - - - I love it, there are allot of things it isnt big enough for, but it is absolutely perfect for washing cars and the slingshot

41PCRwUPN7L._AC_SY400_.jpg

also very easy to store when not in use

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I've had a Ryobi 1800 psi pressure washer with wheels and strap to hold the hose for around 2 years or so. It recently began to cycle itself on/off during use. I think this a problem related to operation of the pressure regulator, but haven't taken the time to tear it apart. I'll either fix it or I might replace it with a higher-rated pressure washer as I have recently seen portable electric units that offer over 3000 psi at around 2.5 gpm at very reasonable costs.

Note - As far as rotary pressure washer concrete floor/sidewalk cleaners, I bought a relatively inexpensive unit at one of the big box hardware stores (can't remember which one) and when I tried to use it on some textured concrete around our pool, I found it difficult to use since the brush on the bottom would drag against the textured surface, making it difficult to move around. I'm either going to add some casters in a triangle configuration (easier access when trying to get up close to a wall or steps) or I may just upgrade the pressure washer to a more powerful model and also get a circular cleaner that comes with wheels. Another possible option is this attachment, which can also be used to clean vehicle under-body areas - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B087G9NKM3/. Cost is reasonable and while the circular units with 2 spinning heads may clean a little more uniformly, the brush-style of this attachment should also clean concrete since the unit keeps the spray heads a uniform distance above the surface, the versatility of being able to clean a vehicle's under-body seems like a nice feature. The main drawback of this item is that if you change the angle of the handle to the surface being cleaned, you also risk changing the spread of the individual sprays and may end up with streaking where some areas were cleaned with the handle at one angle, but other areas were cleaned with the handle at a different angle. A circular, rotating spray head will maintain a relatively constant nozzle height for more consistent cleaning.

Edited once, last by BKL ().