Some Funny Comics I recently received in emails

• Out west here it's 91 at best then some mountain small shops only have 89 so going to have to watch that this summer :(

If I get caught someplace with a lower octane I just put in enough to get me down the road a little. I do have a friend who has probably 150,000 miles on 2 different Slingshots and ONLY uses 89 octane. Doesn't seem to have any problems.

• My dealer ship said they use 89 but I been using 93 as I haven't seen ant 91 here. I figure it is probably best to do so as I couldn't here a ping if I had one.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Out west here it's 91 at best then some mountain small shops only have 89 so going to have to watch that this summer :(

You put in a turbo I believe right?? Having already had a turbo - now running a supercharger - I have been in your part of the country and got caught with only 89 octane. The turbo does NOT like that - especially combined with thin mountain air. Do yourself a favor and keep some octane booster in your glove box - you won’t regret it !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You put in a turbo I believe right?? Having already had a turbo - now running a supercharger - I have been in your part of the country and got caught with only 89 octane. The turbo does NOT like that - especially combined with thin mountain air. Do yourself a favor and keep some octane booster in your glove box - you won’t regret it !!

Great minds think alike - ordered some not too long after reading this discussion so I'd have it just in case!

• If I get caught someplace with a lower octane I just put in enough to get me down the road a little. I do have a friend who has probably 150,000 miles on 2 different Slingshots and ONLY uses 89 octane. Doesn't seem to have any problems.

I only run 93 non Ethanol around home. I always carry octane boost if I have to run 89 ethanol while out of town

• When I joined the Army in 1972, as part of my security/background investigation, I was asked about casual drug use while in High School or College and the interviewers didn't believe I had grown up in northern Virginia in the late 1960s/early 1970s and had never knowingly been around anyone I knew to use drugs. My Dad was an Assistant High School Principal and would've beat the daylights out of us for messing around with drugs, plus I spent a lot of time at school working with the Athletics Dept getting ready for events, etc.

While in the Army attending German classes (and my Wife, then GF, was taking Russian for the Air Force) at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, CA, my future Wife and I were at the cab stand near the Monterey Harbor when a trainee from nearby Ft Ord came in to wait for a cab. He asked us if we minded if he smoked and I naturally thought he meant cigarettes! We quickly decided to wait for our cab outside when we realized he wasn't smoking tobacco. Just as our cab was departing, the police showed up and arrested the young fool. I was always amazed when people got caught smoking weed in the barracks when they knew officials could walk thru the barracks at any time.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• BKL I graduated in 65 in NW Iowa and knew no one that did drugs. When I went off to Esterville JC there was a few girls taking speed I think that is what it was. I am 74 and have never even tried smoking anything so if they make weed legal in Florida I will just have to get fatter on brownies.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• More like Marjorie Taylor Greene or Maleria.

there is a thread for politics - and this isnt it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Did I mention a political figure first?

Look one post up from my posts.

doesnt make it right

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies