Cruise Button

• Any of you all ever lost your cruise button? Went to engage the cruise yesterday and the button is literally gone. Not in floor board so I guess it fell out of Sling. I hope that's not one of those items where you have to order the entire stalk and switch. Ugh.

• Yep....I had the button fall out of mine back in October 2017. I had to order the complete stalk/switch assembly. The install was pretty straight forward though.

Here's what I posted in the forum back then:

I reviewed the service manual to see what all was involved with changing it out before I started. If I had went by the manual, it would have been quite a bit of work......removing the steering wheel, steering wheel hub, clock spring, and both steering column cover halves. That was just to get to the turn signal assembly!! Then of course, doing the process of removing and replacing the assembly.

I really felt like there might be a better way, so I simply removed the bolts holding the column covers together and took a look. JEESH!!!! There was nothing to it!! I didn't even need to remove the column cover halves. I only needed to remove the two bolts holding the assembly to the column, and zip tie holding the wire loom to the brace. Disconnected the harness, connected the new harness and installed the assembly back in. Less than 30 minutes to complete the task. It would have been less, but the idiots that installed the assembly at the factory rounded out the hex in both bolts. I'm too anal to re-use less than perfect bolts, so I had to find a couple new ones in my tool box.

If I had followed the service manual to the T, I would have been at it for at least an hour!!

Hope this helps you!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• does the cruise control, working or not working have anything to do with the clock spring being good or bad? My cruise control isn’t working and my turn signals don’t seem to be canceling after a turn.....clock spring was changed once by the dealer already ....a few years ago...

and can you change the clock spring without having the dealer digital wrench the calibration?