Feel a Tapping on brake pedal?

• Wbats up guys, it's been a while. I've got this wierd issue that my mechanic (who happens to be my best friend) can't figure out. When the sling is cold, the first time I use the brakes, it's a little soft (which is for the most part normal in these) but the wierd part is that it feels like something is literally tapping the bottom of my foot...it doesn't feel like warped rotors, doesn't feel like abs, it feels very concentrated to one area...after a few pumps, the brakes stiffen up and the feeling is gone for the most part...every now and then, I feel it if I brake slightly hard (it's rare). But it does happen every time the sling is cold...any ideas? I do have the brace for the master cylinder.

• Wbats up guys, it's been a while. I've got this wierd issue that my mechanic (who happens to be my best friend) can't figure out. When the sling is cold, the first time I use the brakes, it's a little soft (which is for the most part normal in these) but the wierd part is that it feels like something is literally tapping the bottom of my foot...it doesn't feel like warped rotors, doesn't feel like abs, it feels very concentrated to one area...after a few pumps, the brakes stiffen up and the feeling is gone for the most part...every now and then, I feel it if I brake slightly hard (it's rare). But it does happen every time the sling is cold...any ideas? I do have the brace for the master cylinder.

Get your dealer to bleed the brakes

Years ago, I had a Nissan Frontier that would do the very same thing on cold mornings. I never did figure out what it was before I sold the truck, but like you said, after a few pumps on the brake pedal, it would disappear.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Agree with FunCycle ...

Get those brakes bled.

As for the thump in the pedal...

Rotor runout.

Possibly caused by improper torque and sequence during wheel mounting. Rotor may not have pulled down correctly to hub.

Remove wheels, check rotors...

Maybe quickly rock rotors clockwise, counter-clockwise on the studs. This will shake any possible debris, rust from behind the rotors and insure rotors will pull down on hubs.

Remount tires, star sequence torque lug nuts to 75 ft. lbs.

And don't forget to check those lug nuts again after approx. 150 miles.

Ride safe.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: