Wycked Hitch for 2020 slingshot

• Has anyone determined if the Wicked Hitch will work on the 2020 models? Thinking of buying one for my 2016.5 but would feel better about the big purchase if I knew it would transfer to newer model later.

• Has anyone determined if the Wicked Hitch will work on the 2020 models? Thinking of buying one for my 2016.5 but would feel better about the big purchase if I knew it would transfer to newer model later.

It is a very good system, but you need to do some cutting of things that would not look good if you removed the system. Buy the system and plan on it staying with the Slingshot. We all make some changes that we know will not give us much of a return if we sell.

• It is a very good system, but you need to do some cutting of things that would not look good if you removed the system. Buy the system and plan on it staying with the Slingshot. We all make some changes that we know will not give us much of a return if we sell.

Guess I will have to go watch the install video this is a major purchase for me and will not buy if it has to stay with the sling.

• Guess I will have to go watch the install video this is a major purchase for me and will not buy if it has to stay with the sling.

If you are looking for the ability to carry some extra luggage ... SlingLow has some racks that you can put on the Slingshot and carry some stuff. Good units and reasonable price and you can pull them off and probably put them on your next unit.

The @ in front of the name send a note to that individual... that's why I used it here he will see and respond. Doug has been a Slingshot owner/rider since early on and don't let him know but he is a pretty good guy.

• Thanks for the info but I have a nice custom trailer I would like to pull its been collecting dust since I traded off my spyder may just have to go with a different hitch spyder did fine with a swing arm hitch not my favorite option but I don't feel like losing another grand on top of depreciation when and if I decide to trade up.

• The Wycked hitch fits in the 2020 slingshots but if you have a rear fender there is less clearance, so if you're loaded down the hitch could contact the fender in bumpy road conditions.

I recommend putting an adjustable shock on if you have a fender. Otherwise, the hitch is easily transferred from 2015-2020 Slingshots.

I'm pretty sure you can still swap the underbody panel with the receiver slot also. Call if any questions. 509 831-6183, Rich

• It is a very good system, but you need to do some cutting of things that would not look good if you removed the system.

There have been an occasion or two we have thought a hitch and small trailer would be useful, but as referenced here, I do not want to do any cutting on our SlingShot and I am not fond of the idea of having a hitch attached to the swing arm.

Bill

• There have been an occasion or two we have thought a hitch and small trailer would be useful, but as referenced here, I do not want to do any cutting on our SlingShot and I am not fond of the idea of having a hitch attached to the swing arm.

Bill

The one on the swing arm looks to be the less evasive hitch out there. With these small trailers you would have less then 50lbs tongue weight. The pull weights would be even less. The swing are cam ore then handle that with seeing the 4 and 6 seat extended mods. Since it is on the swing arm there is no worry about shocks and springs.

The Wycked hitch design actually increases twisting stress at the frame due to the long hitch protrusion passed the wheel. Not a fan of that design.

Usually simple is better. The swing arm hitch is pretty simple.

• The one on the swing arm looks to be the less evasive hitch out there. With these small trailers you would have less then 50lbs tongue weight. The pull weights would be even less. The swing are cam ore then handle that with seeing the 4 and 6 seat extended mods. Since it is on the swing arm there is no worry about shocks and springs.

The Wycked hitch design actually increases twisting stress at the frame due to the long hitch protrusion passed the wheel. Not a fan of that design.

Usually simple is better. The swing arm hitch is pretty simple.

Yea, but stress is being placed on a drivetrain component where it really was not designed, at least, that is the way it appears to me.

Bill

• Yea, but stress is being placed on a drivetrain component where it really was not designed, at least, that is the way it appears to me.

if that is the case you really should not have either hitch as they both add stress. Any additional weight is always translated to the suspension. My point is the Wycked type hitch adds stress to more components then just the drivetrain.

• I have Wycked hitch but haven’t pulled it long way yet ( epic adventure coming soon) but I liked the way installed on frame rather than swing arm, Any trailer that you pull is gonna add stress to drive train, The biggest thing is not to overload the trailer.Another thing is no speeding with any trailer. My $.02

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Any trailer that you pull is gonna add stress to drive train.......................

OK, I guess maybe I worded my original post poorly, I would be more concerned about adding stress directly to the swing arm?

As far as a frame mounted hitch goes, is not the frame where most people attach a hitch to their vehicles?

Bill

• OK, I guess maybe I worded my original post poorly, I would be more concerned about adding stress directly to the swing arm?

As far as a frame mounted hitch goes, is not the frame where most people attach a hitch to their vehicles?

Bill

As far a stress goes, indirect or direct it’s still stress. Hitches are mounted on the frame mostly true, but the frame on most vehicles is low and several feet behind the axle.

The fact of the matter is the choice is yours on which one your comfortable with and what style you like. Myself, I have not heard any evidence or issues with the swing arm hitch.

There are people who put personal opinion out there as fact.