Better headlight bulbs

• Sorry but been a little tied up!
    If you are talking about removing the Nose Piece (With the “Polaris” in it), you have to remove the Vent, Hood Inserts, Fenders and Hood to get that thing off. It is friction fit to the hood subframe. My Videos should help even though they are old.... like me!

Painter - Do you think I could loosen the forward hood panel fasteners and be able to remove the nose piece w/o having to fully remove the hood panels and the access panels? It's been 4 years since I removed my hood panels for painting and the only problem I think I might run into is the lip holding the forward edges of the hood panels to the hood frame.

• I replaced my headlights and the outer driving lights with an HID kit from "The Retrofit Source". I aimed the headlights by our owners manual. So much better. I can see the deer in ditches easily now, plus no blinding oncoming traffic. And it reaches a VERY respectable distance down the road.

The outer lights will reach out too, with this setup. On my Slingshot, they needed aimed down a good way to not blind traffic.

I did need to add several Ferrite beads per wire to stop the interference with the radio. But they took care of the interference 100%, at least to my ears.

I also added a 10" "Black Oak" LED light bar. It is hooked to the Bright light circuit.

Now that thing has a major distance light throw! You need to pay attention to oncoming traffic when it is on so you can shut it down in a reasonable distance. It is pricey at around $300 but I would pay it again in a heartbeat.

I did run the system thru 3 separate toggle switches under the radio.

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

Edited once, last by essixx ().

• Do you have halogen or LED bulbs? H3 halogen bulbs use a single wire for the positive connection with the base of the bulb making the negative contact, while H9 bulbs use two wires for positive and negativeIf you're running the stock halogens, the center bulbs should be H9 and the outer Auxiliary headlights and I'd assume, the Canadian Headlight units, should be H3. When I added the CH units and LED bulbs, the outer headlights and CH units were drilled out for the MH4 LED bulbs, so I don't think a normal H3 LED bulb will fit unless I reinstall the H3 bulb mounts. It's been a while since I last pulled the center LED bulbs and I can't remember if they used a friction fit in the rear of the headlight housing (I have the original Hella units used in 2016 and early 2016 Slingshots) or if they twisted into the H9 mount (IIRC, I think they did)

• Woe is me! Bought the LEDs from Slingmods in May. Driver outer side stopped working. SM contacted mfgr and mfgr sent me 2 replacements. Went to install driver side and it worked as expected. Then I noticed passenger outer side was out. Put in 2nd led that was sent. Called SM to see if I could return all and apply return to DDM hids. Well, SM is discounting the DDM HIDs so no go. Rep said LEDs are warranted for 1 year from date of purchase. So I guess I just have to keep getting replacements if they continue to stop working. After a year I will go back to regular bulbs if I still am having issues. Just sent an email to TRICLED, supplier of LEDs about them not working. Curious to see what they have to say. Center LEDs have not had any issues.

• Woe is me! Bought the LEDs from Slingmods in May. Driver outer side stopped working. SM contacted mfgr and mfgr sent me 2 replacements. Went to install driver side and it worked as expected. Then I noticed passenger outer side was out. Put in 2nd led that was sent. Called SM to see if I could return all and apply return to DDM hids. Well, SM is discounting the DDM HIDs so no go. Rep said LEDs are warranted for 1 year from date of purchase. So I guess I just have to keep getting replacements if they continue to stop working. After a year I will go back to regular bulbs if I still am having issues. Just sent an email to TRICLED, supplier of LEDs about them not working. Curious to see what they have to say. Center LEDs have not had any issues.

Amazon and cheaper Even so I am on my third set of LED's. (98,000 Miles) When one goes out I change both so that I am sure they are the same color LED's So right now I have one matched set and 2 single spares.

• I should have stayed with halogens.

I could not do that, I had to change over to the LED's at the time to lower the AMPS. This was before the light recall and I was putting miles on out of town and needed the bright lights. I could only make about 1/2 mile before the relay would start going on and off on overload with the high beam HID's on.

• SM was great with a very fast response. They sent me an RMA to return them and get a credit on my SM acct for my next purchase. I told them I would like to keep them thinking maybe I got some bad ones and if these fail before warranty expires can I sent them back using RMA they sent. They said that would be ok. So I will keep my fingers crossed that these do not die on me.