What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• You know, you can't drink all day...

If you don't start in the morning!

if you dont stop it doesnt matter when you started "all day" can be from 10pm at night today until 10pm at night tomorrow - or later - - just dont stop! one of the reasons why I quit drinking almost 6 years ago was because I was getting too good at enjoying my beer "all Day" and I almost never actually started in the morning =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A quick question. I have been asked to drive my slingshot in a procession across town to a Philippine independence day event on Sunday the 11th of June and I was told last night they have ordered a 3 foot by 5 foot Philippine flag they would like me to fly on the slingshot. I have been thinking the easiest way to do this would be to strap a 4 foot or so long length of pipe to the inside of the passenger roll hoop so that it angles out and flys behind my passenger. seems to me that a nice length of 3/4 schedule 40 pvc pipe should work nicely. Just curious what others think of this? do you think PVC is strong enough or should I go with a length of metal electrical conduit? I like the idea of the PVC because it is much less likely to make any marks on my roll hoops which are already showing their age - it also crossed my mind that I could possibly put a length of the metal tubing inside a larger diameter length of PVC to get the benefits of both?

Thanks in advance for your input

<3

• - it also crossed my mind that I could possibly put a length of the metal tubing inside a larger diameter length of PVC to get the benefits of both?

I'd try that or maybe a solid rod like rebar. I think the pvc would bend at very slow speeds and the conduit would likely kink and bend.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• A quick question. I have been asked to drive my slingshot in a procession across town to a Philippine independence day event on Sunday the 11th of June and I was told last night they have ordered a 3 foot by 5 foot Philippine flag they would like me to fly on the slingshot. I have been thinking the easiest way to do this would be to strap a 4 foot or so long length of pipe to the inside of the passenger roll hoop so that it angles out and flys behind my passenger. seems to me that a nice length of 3/4 schedule 40 pvc pipe should work nicely. Just curious what others think of this? do you think PVC is strong enough or should I go with a length of metal electrical conduit? I like the idea of the PVC because it is much less likely to make any marks on my roll hoops which are already showing their age - it also crossed my mind that I could possibly put a length of the metal tubing inside a larger diameter length of PVC to get the benefits of both?

Thanks in advance for your input

<3

there are bolt holes on the back of the headrest/roll bars. I attached a 2x 6 across the hoops and then used standard flag holders screwed into them. Pretty simple and I painted the board black.

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• I'd try that or maybe a solid rod like rebar. I think the pvc would bend at very slow speeds and the conduit would likely kink and bend.

I tend to save things, and one of the things I have saved are all the pieces of an old lawn swing we had. the supports that held the seats were a nice power coated 1/2 inch metal with the ends flattened and rounded with holes to attach. the springs that supported it all. I just cut the end off of one of those and it fits in the 3/4 PVC perfectly. I am thinking that I could attach about a 1 foot length of PVC to the roll hoop as a holder for the metal and then use the hole in the end that was for the spring to clip on the top of the flag and tie the bottom of the flag down to the hoop itself, this would also. serve to keep the metal from lifting out of the pvc. I have already cut the pvc and held everything in place and it looks like it should work, now I just need to get ahold of the flag itself to see how it will all fit together. here is a test fit, I wrapped the pvc pipe in some duct tape for cushion and test fitted with zip ties - ( probably going to actually use some large hose clamps in the final version)

and with the inner mast inserted

I think this is going to work and only cost will be the hose clamps - this is just for this one event so not worrying about making anything intended to be permanent

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• additional info - just so everyone knows. this is going to be a procession across town led by motorcycle police so we will not ever be going very fast

• additional info - just so everyone knows. this is going to be a procession across town led by motorcycle police so we will not ever be going very fast

I rode in several Mardi Gras parades using PVC the same way - you will be fine with that set up - mine wasn’t as good as yours and had no problems at parade speed.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I rode in several Mardi Gras parades using PVC the same way - you will be fine with that set up - mine wasn’t as good as yours and had no problems at parade speed.

thank you - thats very good to know :)

• I'm actually think the zip ties might be enough - they are rated at 50 pounds each and it seems solid as rock when I grab it and shake - - anyway I will test it out after I get the flag next week. Im happy that this is looking like it might be a zero cost investment

• Well.....this weekend I finally got the tire letters installed....also while I had the tires off I painted the brake calipers just to make them pop a bit in those tires.....also installed the Glo-Ryder center lights.....Letters definitely took some time to do...but all in all I think it was well worth the time to do it.

• I love that fender! Where did you get one?

Here are a couple more small additions I added today...
    more coming ;)

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• I love that fender! Where did you get one?

Here are a couple more small additions I added today...
    more coming ;)

Actually got the rear fender off of ebay.....right now it is 117.00.....my daughter bought it for me for Christmas then I had my airbrush guy paint it for me.....I was a little skeptical with the cheap price....but so far so good....no complaints.

• So last week I installed the knock sensor and the two brake pressure switches....tried to stay away from the 115.00 Polaris brake pressure switches so I bought a set for 26.00....well the old saying goes....you get what you pay for....since installing these cheap versions of the pressure switches my brake failure light comes on immediately when I start going forward.....has anybody else experienced this with the cheap version of these switches?.....are the OEM Polaris switches the only one to buy to correct the problem?

• So last week I installed the knock sensor and the two brake pressure switches....tried to stay away from the 115.00 Polaris brake pressure switches so I bought a set for 26.00....well the old saying goes....you get what you pay for....since installing these cheap versions of the pressure switches my brake failure light comes on immediately when I start going forward.....has anybody else experienced this with the cheap version of these switches?.....are the OEM Polaris switches the only one to buy to correct the problem?

You can buy the mechanical switch at the auto parts store, before covid for around $6 A small strip of Alum about 3 1/2inch by 1 3/8 inch. A drill motor and a round file. If you are handy with tools it should take you less than 30 minutes to build the bracket and install the mechanical switch. $79 from SlingMods

• Well, the organization in charge of the Philippine independence day event sent me the flag yesterday and I think my little home made mount is going to do the job. total cost = Zero! (I love zero cost mods!)

and un do one stainless strap and it all comes down and I can roll the flag around the pole and carry behind the passenger seat.

Parade Ready :thumbsup: