What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Just replaced all three tires on our 2015. Back tire was in deep need of replace. Fronts had a little bit left (though not much) but decided to just have them all done at the same time. Stock tires were on back order until August (according to our Polaris dealer) so started looking at other options and forum recommendations.

Put Nitto NT-555 G2 on the back and some Hanook Ventus V12 EVO2's on the front. Original plan was to do all Nitto's but the fronts were out of stock nationwide with no clear timing on restock. I had been scoping out the EVO2's as my second choice so I figured it'd be a good opportunity to roll with them as fronts (and I kind of like the slight difference in tread pattern with them as a front tire).

Night and day difference coming off of those 7-year old original 2015 Kenda SS-799's! Can feel the grip, connection, and handling improvements right away. We'll see how these all weather together in our harsh, dry, hot AZ climate.

• Just replaced all three tires on our 2015. Back tire was in deep need of replace. Fronts had a little bit left (though not much) but decided to just have them all done at the same time. Stock tires were on back order until August (according to our Polaris dealer) so started looking at other options and forum recommendations.

Put Nitto NT-555 G2 on the back and some Hanook Ventus V12 EVO2's on the front. Original plan was to do all Nitto's but the fronts were out of stock nationwide with no clear timing on restock. I had been scoping out the EVO2's as my second choice so I figured it'd be a good opportunity to roll with them as fronts (and I kind of like the slight difference in tread pattern with them as a front tire).

Night and day difference coming off of those 7-year old original 2015 Kenda SS-799's! Can feel the grip, connection, and handling improvements right away. We'll see how these all weather together in our harsh, dry, hot AZ climate.

I'm looking for the Nitto NT-555 for the front and have been for 3 weeks.... Discount Tire by me is holding the back tire and hoping for a front set soon.

I found the Nittos were definitely a "Hot Weather" tire. Being in Arizona, that might be good. But don't drive them in the rain - SCARY!

you got 7 years out of the factory tires?? - - - wow!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Worse at any time wet or dry. There is plenty written on this Forum about the NITTO tires if you just look. Probably more than any other single brand of tire and most of it NEGITIVE.

Which Nitto are you talking about... the original 555r or the 555 G2? I have been looking and most of the comments that are negative seem to be about the 555r.... Please help thanks...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Which Nitto are you talking about... the original 555r or the 555 G2? I have been looking and most of the comments that are negative seem to be about the 555r.... Please help thanks...

Both, just look at the tire tread. Also, neither of my Slings are boosted and I can break the NITTO loose all the way thru 3 gear just by hitting the gas hard. Try that with some of the other good traction tires.

• Are they worse in the rain than other tires... or just in the rain in general?

All i know is they were scary to me in the rain and I was sliding all over. I try not to drive in the rain at all, but they were the worse of the stock Kenda vs Nitto. I have a Toyo on there now but haven't driven in the rain to know how it fairs.

• I have nitto motivo all seasons on the front and the 555g2 on the rear and have been fairly happy with them. My slingshot is my daily driver so I have been caught in the rain many times and the 555 is pretty much the same as the original kenda was. I did try a motivo in the back and it sucked love them on the front but not the back. I do have to add that it’s hot here even our winter days are usually in the 70,s so I can’t really comment on cold weather tire performance

• I live in South Jersey. I drive the slingshot year round with temps in the 30s as long as no snow or salt on the roads. I have the Nitto 555 G2 on the rear. I find it better and more predictable than the stock tire all around including cold weather driving. I'm sure there are better choices for cold weather but I'm fine with it. No regrets, when it's cold drive with the notion that it's not designed as an all weather tire. I'm just getting to the point of driving it in warmer weather.

• Allot of tire talk. I've been running Lexanitwenty's for about 40k. I get 20k on the rear and the fronts have not been changed. I think they have good grip dry or wet. The cost is cheap compared to other brands. How about one of you guys who seem to be tire critics try this tire brand out? Curious to see what you have to say.

• I will add this - at the recommendation of a friend here, the next time I replace my tires I will most likely be trying these

• Allot of tire talk. I've been running Lexanitwenty's for about 40k. I get 20k on the rear and the fronts have not been changed. I think they have good grip dry or wet. The cost is cheap compared to other brands. How about one of you guys who seem to be tire critics try this tire brand out? Curious to see what you have to say.

That tire was my original choice. Couldn't get the size at time of order. Next go around if they ever get the supply chain straightened out!