• Thank you to Ga Batcycle for the information and pictures on his SS. My Wife's sold on the new one. Whether we buy a 2019 or a 2020 I'm not sure. I'm fine with the 2019 SLR they have at Crockett. We did get a price and seemed a fair price. I'm hoping they will come down just a little more though (typical buyer). I have my Honda SxS insured through USAA/Progressive and was going to look at a quote this morning. Are there any suggestions for insurance providers?

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• Thank you to Ga Batcycle for the information and pictures on his SS. My Wife's sold on the new one. Whether we buy a 2019 or a 2020 I'm not sure. I'm fine with the 2019 SLR they have at Crockett. We did get a price and seemed a fair price. I'm hoping they will come down just a little more though (typical buyer). I have my Honda SxS insured through USAA/Progressive and was going to look at a quote this morning. Are there any suggestions for insurance providers?

I haven't used him personally but there's a guy on here Dan Hererra who writes insurance policies for slingshots. There are several here who have used his services.

• I,m a New Member and great to be with be Forum. My name is Victor Courville and just bought a Slingshot SL last Saturday and the wife and I love it. I never owned a motorcycle in my life. But I always said if I retire I will buy as 3 wheel motorcycle to be safer. I'm glad I chose the Slingshot.

Stick with who you have Progressive, I just changed over to them

• I,m a New Member and great to be with be Forum. My name is Victor Courville and just bought a Slingshot SL last Saturday and the wife and I love it. I never owned a motorcycle in my life. But I always said if I retire I will buy as 3 wheel motorcycle to be safer. I'm glad I chose the Slingshot.

Welcome to our world cajuntrikker, enjoy and ride safe

• Welcome to the forum drfubar .

Looking forward to pics of your new ride!

Checked out a few of your vids.

Modding doesn't appear to be a new thing coming at you.

Faster on paved surfaces could be...

Everything in moderation.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Love taking videos.... Yep just got home with it. Too dark for pictures. On the way home the ESP intervention light came on and stayed on. The manual says "system failure". Gremlins already

TheDonFather - Videos

• Love taking videos.... Yep just got home with it. Too dark for pictures. On the way home the ESP intervention light came on and stayed on. The manual says "system failure". Gremlins already

Did you have an intervention event?

Did you have a traction control light also?

• Did you have an intervention event?

Did you have a traction control light also?

Intervention event? Nothing out of the ordinary, just driving it home from the dealer. Yes the traction control light came on about half way home driving down the dry road at 55-60mph and stayed on until I shut it off at home. Turned it back on and the light was off.

TheDonFather - Videos

• I drive a 2016 model, no ride command...

So, the following may not fully apply.

Applies to all.

Pull over and stop.

A shutdown of the ignition and restart will normally clear the lights.

Playing with the Traction Control button will trigger the lights.

A two second press of the button will turn off Traction Control and illuminate that light.

A five second press and hold of the button will turn off both Traction Control and Electronic Stabilty Program and illuminate both lights.

A momentary press of the Traction Control will re-engage all nannies.

Other triggers.

Speed Sensor...

Powering hard through washboard roads...

One wheel through a large puddle of water.

Speed sensors detecting different wheel speeds.

Steering Position Sensor...

Traveling on level surface roads, steering wheel should be centered.

If steering wheel is cocked off center. Alignment and Zero Position Sensor will need reset.

Polaris still uses boards and strings alignment then sets Zero Sensor. Not too accurate.

And forget OBDII readers.

Polaris uses Digital Wrench Software.

If you haven't read through that owner's manual, take some time to do so.

Concentrate on the controls, dash, break-in requirements... peruse the rest at your leisure.

• Thank you for the comments. When I got home and shut it down I restarted and it was not lit. I talked to the salesman after hours because I have his cell number and he's supposed to call me back this morning. I also noticed the "cruise" light does not activate when I turn it on. When I picked it up it was getting dark so I hit the highbeam before I left the parking lot and no highbeam. They came out took a relay out of the dash and put it in the fuse block. Said they do that for some reason and forgot to put it back in.... I'll get to the bottom of it or "heads will roll!" ..LOL just kidding.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Thank you for the comments. When I got home and shut it down I restarted and it was not lit. I talked to the salesman after hours because I have his cell number and he's supposed to call me back this morning. I also noticed the "cruise" light does not activate when I turn it on. When I picked it up it was getting dark so I hit the highbeam before I left the parking lot and no highbeam. They came out took a relay out of the dash and put it in the fuse block. Said they do that for some reason and forgot to put it back in.... I'll get to the bottom of it or "heads will roll!" ..LOL just kidding.

Dealer just called me.. Service manager said the brake pedal might need some adjustment and it's causing the light to come on. It thinks the brake and accelerator pedal is being applied at the same time. Will stop in on Monday and get it adjusted.. Good people.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Dealer just called me.. Service manager said the brake pedal might need some adjustment and it's causing the light to come on. It thinks the brake and accelerator pedal is being applied at the same time. Will stop in on Monday and get it adjusted.. Good people.

Take the magnetic switch off of the brake pedal and replace it with a mechanical switch. If you are handy with tools a hack saw and a drill motor will help make the bracket in a few minutes out of a scrap piece of 1/8 alum.