Alternator replacement

• Mine took a dump today

Found a replacement here

https://www.dbelectrical.com/p…588321-11652-ava0159.html

Just wanted to update everyone on this.

Perfect fit including the plug - I did find that some models have a different plug than what is on the Slingshot if you find another option that looks the same make sure you check the plug. This is a new unit not a refurb and there is no core charge. Delivery is Free. I noticed later they sell on Amazom for the same price + Tax but guaranteed 2 day delivery. Mine took 3 day - easy swap.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Just wanted to update everyone on this.

Perfect fit including the plug - I did find that some models have a different plug than what is on the Slingshot if you find another option that looks the same make sure you check the plug. This is a new unit not a refurb and there is no core charge. Delivery is Free. I noticed later they sell on Amazom for the same price + Tax but guaranteed 2 day delivery. Mine took 3 day - easy swap.

Thanks Mitch, got it bookmarked ;)

• Just wanted to update everyone on this.

Did the battery recharge or did you buy another.

• Did the battery recharge or did you buy another.

I bought the battery first cuz I thought that was the issue did everything a bad battery would do. Put in the new one and and a few days later same crap. My amp gauge is just some digital lights and I thought it was charging but it wasn't. Going to let it sit a few days to see if it discharges. Going to the dealer next week for the recall just in case that is part of the problem - at least that is free!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I bought the battery first cuz I thought that was the issue did everything a bad battery would do. Put in the new one and and a few days later same crap. My amp gauge is just some digital lights and I thought it was charging but it wasn't. Going to let it sit a few days to see if it discharges. Going to the dealer next week for the recall just in case that is part of the problem - at least that is free!

This is the reason that everyone should a VOLTMETER in every vehicle they own. NOT AN AMP GAUGE AND NOT A LIGHT It is easy to use, read the voltage before you crank the vehicle up (normal around 12.2 to 12.6 volts) and then read the voltage after the vehicle is running. The voltage if charging should be at least 13.2 volts and could be up to around 14.2 volts according to the condition of the charge on the battery. You could save a lot of trouble and time and money if you would do this. The voltmeters are all over Amazon, even ones that plug into the accessory plug priced from around $5 up to around $15. Over time as you get use to watching the voltmeter you will learn what numbers the voltage should be.

• This is the reason that everyone should a VOLT METER in every vehicle they own. NOT AN AMP GAUGE AND NOT A LIGHT It is easy to use, read the voltage before you crank the vehicle up (normal around 12.2 to 12.6 volts) and then read the voltage after the vehicle is running. The voltage if charging should be at least 13.2 volts and could be up to around 14.2 volts according to the condition of the charge on the battery. You could save a lot of trouble and time and money if you would do this. The volt meters are all over Amazon, even ones that plug into the accessory plug priced from around $5 up to around $15

I have 4 of them Just couldn't keep the sling running and the battery was down to 9.5V

at that voltage everything goes crazy - no power steering - dash lights go out and it wouldn't even start with a jump. So I just thought it was a bad battery. My stupidity I should have charged the battery and tested it. You are right 100%

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I have 4 of them Just couldn't keep the sling running and the battery was down to 9.5V

at that voltage everything goes crazy - no power steering - dash lights go out and it wouldn't even start with a jump. So I just thought it was a bad battery. My stupidity I should have charged the battery and tested it. You are right 100%

No testing to do.. just look at the voltmeter before and after you get it running. If it ain't charging the voltage will be going down instead of up. GOT THAT!:evil: