Pedal Commander Settings

• Good info all the way through this group buy Edward Neal ! One question I have is 'Does one of the settings mimic the performance without the PC? You mentioned that 'city' mode is adequately named. Does it differ in any way from performance with the unit off?

As far as 'eco' mode, when I was last caught in the rain (LOTS of rain) I simply turned off both nannies and drove like I wanted to live. I think I would prefer that to turning my safety over to the nannies and an add-on device like the PC. Especially if it is not waterproof.

Thanks for all your input on this. I just returned home and my PC has not been installed yet, but I feel like I know what to expect.

To answer your question I do not know of a setting that mimics turning the unit off - I suspect that if you went all the way plus in ECO mode or all the way minus in City mode you might get close, but then again if you want off just press the star and turn it off

To be honest I have never actually turned any of the nannies off never really even thought about it - the times I have driven in the rain my only issue has been rear traction and the back wanting to come out if I gas it a bit too much - this is where I think ECO might be helpful - other than this, knock on wood, I have had no issues driving in the rain although only been in real heavy rain twice and I just took it easy like I would in any vehicle

As to the unit not being waterproof I have mine mounted well under the dash so rain should never be a problem

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I played a little....having it set so the tire was chirping (spinning) through 3rd gear was a bit much...especially since I’m paying for the tires...that’s too high for me.

if a cop wants to write it....spinning the tires is considered reckless driving.... a ticket I don’t need...plus it’s not like there are 100 slingshots driving around that look identical to my fast gray.....it’s unique and they know where I live.....I’m trying to act like a “model” citizen. Optimal word here is trying....

• To answer your question I do not know of a setting that mimics turning the unit off - I suspect that if you went all the way plus in ECO mode or all the way minus in City mode you might get close, but then again if you want off just press the star and turn it off

To be honest I have never actually turned any of the nannies off never really even thought about it - the times I have driven in the rain my only issue has been rear traction and the back wanting to come out if I gas it a bit too much - this is where I think ECO might be helpful - other than this, knock on wood, I have had no issues driving in the rain although only been in real heavy rain twice and I just took it easy like I would in any vehicle

As to the unit not being waterproof I have mine mounted well under the dash so rain should never be a problem

As long as you stay out of STANDING water you maybe OK. Standing water and one tire are the problem with the nannies.

• As long as you stay out of STANDING water you maybe OK. Standing water and one tire are the problem with the nannies.

went through an intersection with deep standing water the one time I got caught in a really big downpour - slowed down and was going through without any problems at all - - - that was until a guy in a big 4x4 truck coming through the other way decided it would be fun to drive as fast as he could

damn wake completely soaked me =O

on a more serious note, perhaps I just dont drive very aggressively, but other than the back coming out I havent had any more issues in the rain with the slingshot that I had with other cars in the past - even on the freeway

• went through an intersection with deep standing water the one time I got caught in a really big downpour - slowed down and was going through without any problems at all - - - that was until a guy in a big 4x4 truck coming through the other way decided it would be fun to drive as fast as he could

Sling's have spun out at speeds as slow as 30 to 35 mph and left the highway, that is the slowest speed that I know of. In the 92,000 miles, wet pavement no problem, standing water slow down and I always cut the nannie's off

• went through an intersection with deep standing water the one time I got caught in a really big downpour - slowed down and was going through without any problems at all - - - that was until a guy in a big 4x4 truck coming through the other way decided it would be fun to drive as fast as he could

on a more serious note, perhaps I just dont drive very aggressively, but other than the back coming out I havent had any more issues in the rain with the slingshot that I had with other cars in the past - even on the freeway

that happened to me on a two wheeler......the puddle was deep and covered 3/4 of the road.....I could see the guy coming toward me smiling ear to ear all the way down the block. The wave almost knocked me over.....needless to say I was completely soaked...

• this morning was cold and thick frost....

started up the SS and it coughed, bucked and farted. Don’t know if it’s because of the pedal commander or not....but it never did this before...

I will say I didn’t let it warm up long.....

• this morning was cold and thick frost....

started up the SS and it coughed, bucked and farted. Don’t know if it’s because of the pedal commander or not....but it never did this before...

I will say I didn’t let it warm up long.....

If my understanding of what the pedal commander does is correct I can not imagine how it could be the problem, but then it should be easy to check - - - turn it off

• I'm back with another update =O

Been running with it set at sport and was getting very comfortable with it, but the last few mornings when it has been colder (38 to 44) and it seemed to be bit touchy - - - not sure if the cold is causing the car to be more sensitive or if the cold is making me more jumpy, but either way I dialed it back to sport -1 and that seems to get it back to a better place

is there any reason why cold would impact throttle response? colder denser air perhaps?

• Oh! I forgot that I tried it out on track day. When I remembered to try it I set it on the top row (cannot remember what it says right now) but it was the, let us call it the fourth position. Set The bottom row in the fourth position. Made two laps and it was too much, to jumpy in the turns. I pulled back in and set the top row to position 3 and left the bottom row on four. That worked real good on the track. You would have to know the track, but going into turn 9 you shift to 4th gear before the turn and it increased the turn speed so much I almost over drove the corner. I was doing everything the same as I had been doing before. That is the best way to describe it without going into a long story.

• Old thread, I know… those of you who run a Pedal Commander, did the phone app match the settings? My Pedal Commander controller shows Eco, City, Sport, and Sport+, but the iOS app shows Off-road, Track, Race, and something I can’t read. The app is set to use English, and it did connect to the PC, but it puzzles me as to why the two don’t have the same settings.

Glenn

• [quote='GlennB','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8452-pedal-commander-settings/&postID=357070#post357070']

Old thread, I know… those of you who run a Pedal Commander, did the phone app match the settings? My Pedal Commander controller shows Eco, City, Sport, and Sport+, but the iOS app shows Off-road, Track, Race, and something I can’t read. The app is set to use English, and it did connect to the PC, but it puzzles me as to why the two don’t have the same settings.

Glenn

[/quote]

Android app shows Eco, City, sport, sport+
    Which matches controller.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I predict.....more speeding tickets and reckless driving tickets....burning rubber is considered reckless driving if the cop feels so inclined...

Especially if you have a boosted Sling!.....

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• Old thread, I know… those of you who run a Pedal Commander, did the phone app match the settings? My Pedal Commander controller shows Eco, City, Sport, and Sport+, but the iOS app shows Off-road, Track, Race, and something I can’t read. The app is set to use English, and it did connect to the PC, but it puzzles me as to why the two don’t have the same settings.

Glenn

It showed the same on all of ours i believe, if i can remember correctly you have to reinstall it to get it to update to the screen that matches the unit, than all will be fine.......

• It showed the same on all of ours i believe, if i can remember correctly you have to reinstall it to get it to update to the screen that matches the unit, than all will be fine.......

Thanks, that did it! It now shows the correct screen. I thought maybe I downloaded the wrong app, but I was only able to find the one. Not sure why reinstalling worked but I won’t argue with success. :P

Glenn

• The Pedal Commander DOES have a setting that puts the throttle response back to OEM. As you click through the different modes, there is a position when NONE of them are lit up. This is the position that does NOT modify the throttle position circuitry and makes the throttle go back to OEM settings.