Has Anyone Installed Electric Fans Under the Dash

• I was out for a ride tonight and wondered if anyone has attempted to install small electric fans under the dash or foot well?

I was thinking of the square fans (about 4" x" ) that used to be in the old PC towers or something along those lines.

Not sure what the power requirements would be or were to connect / tap into power.

Possible? Not sure how effective if would be either or if worth the effort.

I also notice the amount of warm air coming from between the console molding by the stereo and the transmission tunnel wall. My first thought was to take the trim off and add some foam weather strip to seal up the gaps.

• Just searched Amazon, and there are a number of 12V fans that use the 12V cigarette lighter for power.

I guess you could power out of the glove box and mount / Velcro / or zip tie to the frame in the passenger foot well.

• i'm living alot these days and loving the Sling. Just not enough time in the day to work a little and ride alot. Reading all the post and bitchin about different things! Life is to short for that. being a motorcycle rider for many years if it rains put on a rain suit, if it's hot stop for a beer( only one), if it's cold put on a coat. Quit all the bitchin and enjoy the ride. Now I am a Sling rider because of back issues and balance problems. I just plug in my ipod because my radio will not work and south Alabama is gonna be hot so sit at home or go ride and feel the sun and wind. I choose to ride.

• i'm living alot these days and loving the Sling. Just not enough time in the day to work a little and ride alot. Reading all the post and bitchin about different things! Life is to short for that. being a motorcycle rider for many years if it rains put on a rain suit, if it's hot stop for a beer( only one), if it's cold put on a coat. Quit all the bitchin and enjoy the ride. Now I am a Sling rider because of back issues and balance problems. I just plug in my ipod because my radio will not work and south Alabama is gonna be hot so sit at home or go ride and feel the sun and wind. I choose to ride.

Wasn't bitchin, just asking a question. With the Sling, there is a passenger's comfort to consider as well. Why so angry?

• I looked at the fans at bike week that are sold to cool the cylinders on the Harley's and or the V-Twin motors and it got me thinking about doing this. The fans I looked at were like $390 for the pair. But I am sure when we start researching the 12 volt fans we will find something a whole lot cheaper in the 3 or 4 inch size range. I think the 3 " will fit in front of the up tube in front of the speaker cluster. I have not started looking yet.

• @Live-a-Little! If you are at SSITS talk to @Painter. He used the original air Bix (he put
    In cold air intake) and mounted a fan in there put in a screen and ran tubing back to the cockpit. And put in a switch. Works very nice!!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Silly question, but does it make more sense to introduce cool air with a ducted fan or evacuate heat with the fan.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• That's preference the cool air introduced will be barely noticeable in a hot cabin. All ideas will help a LITTLE ...extra insulation ....top.....wind wings.....heat removal creations meaning whatever you create will have minimal effect in a hot day .....he bottom line is "Open Cabin". 2C