NASCAR Tallboy +2 review

• Review: NASCAR Tallboy +2

This is now my 5th windshield and so far my favorite. I've reviewed the Madstad, Klockwerks, Stock, NASCAR Tallboy, and now this one.

The reason I love this one so much is that it's a full windshield...but one that doesn't need extra items like the baker air wings to be comfortable. The shape of the windshield allows for wind to come just enough around the edge and too to keep you cool. Today's 300 mile ride was the test for that. Temps got up to 97 degrees in slow moving areas and I stayed as comfortable with this windshield as I did with the Madstad 9". Add to that...less bugs in the face vs the rest of the windshields I've reviewed. This is more important for those road warriors than to those city cruisers. I sit somewhere between those so to me...this was important. Being able to see through the shield is nice. No warps, no skewing in the corners, and just a clear vision of what's ahead of you. Makes a huge difference when the rain is falling or when you are dealing with flying debris. With that being said... I wish there was a version that was slightly tinted. A light grey would really make this windshield pop.

Now the cool part...the NASCAR windshields are essentially modular like the Twist Dynamics adjustable and the Madstad. You can swap out different sizes in just a few minutes. I think it took me about 20 minutes to swap from the Tallboy to the Tallboy +2. It's 11 screws to go from one to another.

Fitment is going to be tricky on a slingshade...but if you have any other top, you won't have an issue. Plus you'll have a nice little gap up top for a good amount of airflow.

I'd say its worth every penny. Like I said...my favorite windshield I've tested so far.

• I don't have the +2, but I do love my tallboy. Baker air-wings do complement it, if you are getting too much wind on the side. Got caught in a rain storm and my left arm was getting soaked, pointed my air-wings away from me and the wind/water went away.

Also, when it's 100+ and humid here in TX, pointing the wings in and getting more air does help.

With the TD top, I had to use the pipe clamp air wings, you can't attach to the windshield. They really do complement each other, the wings and tallboy.

kev hit a home run with this windshield!

• Here in Iowa we have different needs! It is now beginning to get cool in the evenings, so having a wind break is more important to us. Our trip this past weekend the wind was from the North East, and the high on Saturday was 66 degrees. In the morning it was 61 and coats were a must with upper body chills experienced. The 2018 has gaps in the bottom of the windshield letting in plenty of wind, I was thinking of trying a bean bag filled tube that is used to block drafts on the bottom of a door. Just not sure that I want to spend much more than $200 for a "fall" windshield!

If anyone has a good used one that is closed off in the bottom I could be a player.... PM Me

Bill