Great road getting repaved

• The Captain & I took a trip to Mount Magazine today and traveled down the Pig Trail (Arkansas hwy 23) - a favorite twisty route for folks who visit here.

There is a major repaving project going on over most of the length of the Pig Trail from Brashear to Ozark, about 25 miles of roadway. Sadly, the entire length isn't being repaved, but about 60% is getting completely resurfaced. The work seems excellent and finished sections are smooth as the proverbial baby's bottom. The unretouched sections are generally in superior shape, and it looks as though the job should be complete before the Eureka Springs gathering in September.

The bad news is that we drove over a lot of oiled & tarry gravel today and we were showered with pebbles from cars as much as 50 yards ahead of us. X( I can definitively say that stock fenders SUCK, and tomorrow I have to clean gravel bits and tar off Ruby - and get tar spots out of the Captain's blouse. (Methanol... lots of methanol and baking soda!)

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I understand your pain, I dealt with 6 months of it in front of my house. Luckily I'm 1/2 mile from the stop sign where the road work ended and could drive out a back way in the sling to stay off of the road work. Got my first taste of mud off of this road on the sling, since it was stripped to the base and we got rain a few times.

• The Captain & I took a trip to Mount Magazine today and traveled down the Pig Trail (Arkansas hwy 23) - a favorite twisty route for folks who visit here.

There is a major repaving project going on over most of the length of the Pig Trail from Brashear to Ozark, about 25 miles of roadway. Sadly, the entire length isn't being repaved, but about 60% is getting completely resurfaced. The work seems excellent and finished sections are smooth as the proverbial baby's bottom. The unretouched sections are generally in superior shape, and it looks as though the job should be complete before the Eureka Springs gathering in September.

The bad news is that we drove over a lot of oiled & tarry gravel today and we were showered with pebbles from cars as much as 50 yards ahead of us. X( I can definitively say that stock fenders SUCK, and tomorrow I have to clean gravel bits and tar off Ruby - and get tar spots out of the Captain's blouse. (Methanol... lots of methanol and baking soda!)

kerosine works better than anything else and does not require any scrubbing. Just wipe on and let sit a few minutes and most will come right off, if it does not do the same thing again and everything should be clean. They trashed my 1989 Firebird with the tar when they paved Hi-way 17 one year and I had to drive on it every day. That was how I found the easy way to get the tar off.

• kerosine works better than anything else and does not require any scrubbing. Just wipe on and let sit a few minutes and most will come right off, if it does not do the same thing again and everything should be clean. They trashed my 1989 Firebird with the tar when they paved Hi-way 17 one year and I had to drive on it every day. That was how I found the easy way to get the tar off.

Paint thinner will work the same way as a 'cleaner'....tar/grease

Been there! Beautiful Landscape and view... just don't get out and walk on the rocks and among the tumbleweeds!!!

I THOUGHT ... I had experienced chiggers before.... until Oklahoma...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)