NRG Short Hub and Spacer help

• I took off the assault hub and put on the nrg hub, im trying to put on the spacer (not using the quick release system) and I cannot figure out how to properly get this on with the steering wheel.

Basically, you can look at it and line it up, but the included screws are not long enough.

Would they really include screws that are not long enough with the steering wheels?

Is the only option finding a hardware store and getting lucky enough to find 6 screws that will be long enough to go through the steering wheel, the spacer, and into the hub while being the same diameter?

Any ideas on main stream stores to find the screws?

• My Ace hardware has a great selection of metric screws and bolts and so does my home depot. I dont know what thread size you need, but I cant imagine it would be that hard to find some longer ones

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just a two questions?

Did you receive six bolts with the NRG short hub?

Did you receive six bolts with your steering wheel?

Looking at the pic of the spacer...

Any chance that the spacer bolts to the hub and the steering wheel bolts to the spacer?

Hard to tell from a pic but the spacer appears to have countersink holes and non-countersink threaded holes.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Yes and yes on both questions. The only solutions were to go to home depot and get longer screws to reach through the spacer and into the hub.

• You got it done one way.

I think you missed on the proper mounting of the hub, spacer, and steering wheel as an assembly.

But, I don't have that particular unit on my slingshot.

Let's see what knowledgeable folks can add.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• ......I just installed a friend's yesterday by mounting the short hub first, then the spacer to the short hub with the included screws, then the steering wheel bolted to the spacer with the 6 screws......

That's exactly what I did. You do have to assemble everything (loosely just 2 or 3 screws) on the workbench, then slide onto the shaft to make sure you are aligned with the shaft splines, then pull it apart while still on the shaft and start tightening down exactly as you say: Hub to spline, spacer to hub, wheel to spacer. I wasn't real happy that myNRG logo can't be put dead center on top of the spline - it ended up going about 11pm for me (right about where your photo is). And yes, I tried it a few different ways.

• mine did exactly the same, it wasn't centered and because of the horn buttons the steering wheel was a little off center also. it cants just a little to the right. not straight up and down.