Can see indents in hood from how the hood was molded.

• Does anyone else have this issue? Mine is a 2017 S.

There are areas on my hood that you can actually see the molded outlines through the finish when viewed in certain lighting, it's not hard to see most of the time. My dealer is having their open house in a couple of weeks and the Slingshot rep will be there. I'm taking mine in for the seat belt recall that day and wanted to see about a warranty hood replacement before my warranty is up the end of next month.

I've noticed the same thing throughout most of the body, wings, back deck, etc.

I was at the dealer this past week and checked their showroom stock and it didn't look like any of the 2018-19s had this issue on the hood, however the same thing was visible on their back decks on either side of the fin.

• yes, I have similar outlines, never really worried about them - no one would notice them unless I pointed it out in the right light.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have a 2019 - same thing. Part of this is just the nature of the molding process for large pieces of plastic. When you think about it, Polaris does a heck of a job with this. If the parts were fiberglass or metal, they would have more rigidity and the shape could be more precise - but as you know the SS is at its weight limit already.

Don't worry about ripples - just enjoy the ride!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• By the same token.

The unit may be approaching two years old but because plastics are molded...

Flow lines and mold parting lines subjected to heat can open, wrinkle, buckle, and become more pronounced...

And it is not like they didn't know the amount of heat these panels and paint would be subjected.

Hood cracks at the latch and lift point were more than likely of flowline origination.

If customer service is not a thing than neither is quality control.

Worst case, he submits a claim and it is rejected due to 'fails to meet criteria when viewed from xx foot distance'.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Tell you what Bigdog, I am willing to do you a big favor. Obviously you purchased a real lemon and must be growing mighty weary of finding things to complain about all the time, so I'll tell you what. You have your SlingShot delivered to our driveway and I will provide you with a $4,000 check, what say you?

Bill

That will pay for half of my mods....sounds like a bargain...

If the Lemon Law was written for me it would be called the Bigdog Lemon Law...

Maybe those plastic defects are showing up from the hot sun beating down on them...

The curved visor I made started to straighten out because of the suns heat.....I had to fabricate a metal framework to attach to it to keep it curved.

It gets so hot you can’t touch it...

• Let's see, 2017? This SlingShot is now over two years old, I would think that if somebody actually had a valid complaint about this it would have been done back when it was originally purchased, or actually, before it was purchased??

Bill

It was purchased used last year, didn't notice it until I got it home. Just wanted to see if others had the same issue and if they had filed claims. The SS in the showroom didn't look to have these same issues.