• Crawled in, fired up and saw this on my radio. Can’t get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• You somehow triggered the 'Audio Diagnostics'...

Check owners manual under Audio System Diagnostics.

Were you listening to the stereo and your last function was full volume down, ignition switch off, then start sequence?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Think I figured it out...

1. Turn on Key
    2. Watch gauges swing thru while radio shows “Boot”
    3. Punch start before radio finishes boot sequence.

Think I was a little fast on the Start button. Last time I let the radio cycle thru the whole boot program and “Ta da!” Works as advertised.

Who woulda thunk?

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• [quote='MiM','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7592-radio-issue/&postID=264897#post264897']

So... Premature startulation? confused-squared

[/quote]

Yep!

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• I no longer have my stock radio but when I did I never waited for the whole "starting sequence" to be done before starting the sling, turn the key and hit the button right away before the needles even reached the end and never had this issue, so you being fast on the trigger when starting it is not the cause unless you have an underlying problem(radio going bad).

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• [quote='Neosolidus','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7592-radio-issue/&postID=264984#post264984']

I no longer have my stock radio but when I did I never waited for the whole "starting sequence" to be done before starting the sling, turn the key and hit the button right away before the needles even reached the end and never had this issue, so you being fast on the trigger when starting it is not the cause unless you have an underlying problem(radio going bad).

[/quote]

It could well be. It is four years old and has 11,000+ miles. Fortunately, I have an extended warranty. OTOH, been thinking about replacing the factory rig with a Sony head unit.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter