1320 exhaust fumes.

• So your saying that you can change header, use cat delete pipe, and stock muffler and for the most part fumes will be eliminated? Or at least heavily reduced? I sure would hate to lose my pretty 1320 exhaust☹️ Have to wait, and see what warm weather brings!

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)

• So your saying that you can change header, use cat delete pipe, and stock muffler and for the most part fumes will be eliminated? Or at least heavily reduced? I sure would hate to lose my pretty 1320 exhaust☹️ Have to wait, and see what warm weather brings!

I have the 1320 header, down pipe delete and have also modified (opened up and bypassed the cat) in my stock muffler. With a stock blade windshield and a top I do not have fumes. If I add the F4 + 5 windshield I have fumes bad. That is my setup. Honestly don't want to tell anyone that it will work with another person's setup. Only that it works with mine.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

I will say again that I have never had the fume problem, even before I cut 2 1/2 inches off of the stock blade wind screen which I am still running. With the 1320 or cat delete and then went to the Welter Dual with the tune. Oh, and have had the top since the beginning, one of the first United Performance/Fab Factory tops that was sold.

• finally getting my spring tool today so I can switch out the 1320 cat delete down pipe. The question I have for everyone, is there anything special to place between the collector and the down pipe aside from a regular gasket? did you use anything special or just put the o-ring gasket and tighten the bolts? just wondering if I need to add some form a gasket or sealant to it just in case? this might be some of the fumes that people are smelling is due to not getting a good seal between the two and therefore smelling a lot of exhaust? just a thought.

• finally getting my spring tool today so I can switch out the 1320 cat delete down pipe. The question I have for everyone, is there anything special to place between the collector and the down pipe aside from a regular gasket? did you use anything special or just put the o-ring gasket and tighten the bolts? just wondering if I need to add some form a gasket or sealant to it just in case? this might be some of the fumes that people are smelling is due to not getting a good seal between the two and therefore smelling a lot of exhaust? just a thought.

I used this. I still have stock muffler, not noticed any fumes with it. 1320 header and CAT delete, with DDMWorks CAI and Bob's tune.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1320-…YAAOSwLjxaaDL2:rk:55:pf:0

• i am just putting in the down pipe and using only the flange gasket. although it is a tad smaller and wont line up with the holes due to not being 1320 specific, but using a standard collector gasket which fits but not all the way to the edges. it will still work lol. just wondered if anyone used anything in addition to a gasket such as form a gasket or waterproofing sealer. Or what about at the bottom of the pipe where it connects to the muffler? instead of just inserting it into the connector, has anyone used sealant on that area seeing as how it doesn't have a gasket?

• Are you running the cat delete pipe from 1320, I believe it was? I saw one somewhere🤔

Yes, mine is from 1320. You will be amazed how much restriction is in that CAT when you remove it. Looking down into it, it's a honeycomb of holes, maybe 1/16" with the steel between each hole. I'd guess that would open up the flow by 1/3.

• so I finally got that springs off of the old pipe and believe it or not, there was NO gasket between the header collector and the old pipe. Absolutely nothing. straight metal on metal. But getting the 1320 into place is worse than pulling off the old one. what is the easiest way to put on the new springs? should I pull the whole thing out of the slingshot? I thought doing it in place would be rough but not this bad lol.

• what is the easiest way to put on the new springs? should I pull the whole thing out of the slingshot? I thought doing it in place would be rough but not this bad lol.

You do not need to remove anything but the parts you are replacing. It is difficult, very trying to say the least. I made a tool to get the springs into place. I used it with a block of wood for a leverage pivot. This is a long pry bar. I cut the notch with a hacksaw. The spring catches in the V corner, and you can pull it up into place really rather easily. I messed with the springs for nearly 3 hours before making this tool. Got it on the first try with it. If you have a Harbor Freight nearby, the set is only like $10. This was something I had at the house already, so I repurposed it.

• I can get a long pry bar at advance auto parts. it is the closest thing to where I am. I messed way too long with these things already and am DONE with them. I want them installed and this over with now lol.

• so I finally got that springs off of the old pipe and believe it or not, there was NO gasket between the header collector and the old pipe. Absolutely nothing. straight metal on metal. But getting the 1320 into place is worse than pulling off the old one. what is the easiest way to put on the new springs? should I pull the whole thing out of the slingshot? I thought doing it in place would be rough but not this bad lol.

Just barely start the bolts for the cat delete to the 1320 header, this helps a lot when trying to reattach the springs. Then tighten the bolts all of the way

• Just barely start the bolts for the cat delete to the 1320 header, this helps a lot when trying to reattach the springs. Then tighten the bolts all of the way

thanks for the tip. it has been a serious pain in the ass. I was almost to the point of pulling the entire exhaust system out just to reattach the springs lol. I bought a spring hook tool from advance auto and the thing bent on me. so I had to get a better one. The one I purchased on amazon from Pit Posse is awesome.

• Yes, mine is from 1320. You will be amazed how much restriction is in that CAT when you remove it. Looking down into it, it's a honeycomb of holes, maybe 1/16" with the steel between each hole. I'd guess that would open up the flow by 1/3.

Yep! I’ve already installed the 1320 V2 header/exhaust, and you are correct about how packed up the cat is! However,that’s when my fuming issue started🤬 The 1320 system looks soooo good in there, I hate to remove it!!! Going to Try a few things to alleviate some of the fumes, before summer gets here!

I knew it was too pretty, and like a pretty woman trouble was coming with it😳

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)