1320 exhaust fumes.

• IMO and just that MO I think the only way to reduce fumes is to make sure you have a side exit or rear exit exhaust. The ones that dump underneath are a problem when you have a CAT delete.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• IMO and just that MO I think the only way to reduce fumes is to make sure you have a side exit or rear exit exhaust. The ones that dump underneath are a problem when you have a CAT delete.

Have to disagree on one point SlingRider, HeRSling has the new Welter side exit and the fumes in the passenger side are terrible. She doesn’t have the issue in the drivers side but I rode with her once and the heat and fumes were way to much. In Jeff’s defense, I totally forgot to contact him about this since I drive my SS and rarely hers. When I have driven hers I have not noticed the fumes at all on the drivers side. PLEASE DO NOT take this as being critical of Welter products. I have the Welter Stealth on mine and have no issues except when sitting in traffic with the wind blowing from behind. I will get with Jeff ASAP to discuss the issue and will let everyone know the resolution. Jeff and his people are do fantastic work and I am certain the issue will be resolved.

• Have to disagree on one point SlingRider, HeRSling has the new Welter side exit and the fumes in the passenger side are terrible. She doesn’t have the issue in the drivers side but I rode with her once and the heat and fumes were way to much. In Jeff’s defense, I totally forgot to contact him about this since I drive my SS and rarely hers. When I have driven hers I have not noticed the fumes at all on the drivers side. PLEASE DO NOT take this as being critical of Welter products. I have the Welter Stealth on mine and have no issues except when sitting in traffic with the wind blowing from behind. I will get with Jeff ASAP to discuss the issue and will let everyone know the resolution. Jeff and his people are do fantastic work and I am certain the issue will be resolved.

I find it odd that everyone seems to have a different experience with fumes. Same setup on two different Slings, and one has them, other don’t🤔 I’m getting fumes on the drivers side, as well as passenger side🤬 That takes me back to “Tuning”, are some motors running richer than others? With EPA mandates, and Polaris having the tune locked down, unless you want to spend $500 and that’s not a guarantee that the fume issue will go away!

As strong as the fumes are in my sling, and it’s not even summer yet when you can smell fumes from the car in front of you here, what’s the answer? Without much testing, and dollars I’m not sure☹️ Oh-closest dealer for me is 2 1/2 ours away so no quick checks!

Thanks for input guys👍

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)

• I was just wondering if the brand of gas that you use might be an issue. There are different additives they put in for production. Maybe just try different gas? Maybe.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I'm running the same header/exhaust combo along with a F4 +3 windshield with Baker Air Wings and fumes are not a problem for me. I do seem to remember smelling the exhaust a little more with the stock windshield but that may have been from it being new as I got the F4 not long after the exhaust.

Can you post a pic of your windshield setup? Curious about the Baker wing setup!

• Melloreel , I have a supercharger and have had the tune. I still occasionally get fumes but that’s normally just when driving slow around town. I rarely drive slow :). I had exhaust fumes issues with my first SS after I put on the header and kept the factory muffler. Exhaust exiting right under the vehicle will always have issues.

There are way too many variables with an open cockpit to say one thing or another will solve the issue. Some people have brought there exhaust all the way out the back and some of these still get occasional fumes. Go to a meet and see how others have solved the issue. Ride along and see if you like their setup. Keep working on it and you will find what works best for you.

• Melloreel , I have a supercharger and have had the tune. I still occasionally get fumes but that’s normally just when driving slow around town. I rarely drive slow :). I had exhaust fumes issues with my first SS after I put on the header and kept the factory muffler. Exhaust exiting right under the vehicle will always have issues.

There are way too many variables with an open cockpit to say one thing or another will solve the issue. Some people have brought there exhaust all the way out the back and some of these still get occasional fumes. Go to a meet and see how others have solved the issue. Ride along and see if you like their setup. Keep working on it and you will find what works best for you.

I think you are correct, but it’s burning the wifeys eyes, so I was thinking there would be a quick fix, but alas it’s not meant to be! Hope to make Daytona, if they have a meet during bike week this spring, and really would like to make the MV meet in June👍

• I think you are correct, but it’s burning the wifeys eyes, so I was thinking there would be a quick fix, but alas it’s not meant to be! Hope to make Daytona, if they have a meet during bike week this spring, and really would like to make the MV meet in June👍

You might just put your factory exhaust back on till you figure out just what you want to do. Also, your wife will love the Sling again!

• You might just put your factory exhaust back on till you figure out just what you want to do. Also, your wife will love the Sling again!

so now that I have read this, my cat delete pipe is being delivered today. I am not , repeat NOT going to put it on until I have a rear exhaust because I don't want to have the exhaust fume problem that everyone else is having. ugh, if it isn't one thing its another lol. you buy one mod only to find out you have to have 3 others to make it work the way you want it to work lol. NICE.

• You might just put your factory exhaust back on till you figure out just what you want to do. Also, your wife will love the Sling again!

Already ahead of you DD. Just got it out of attic, to start that process. But I think I’m going to get a few more test miles with different fuels just for giggles! Well when it quits raining that is☹️

I never had the fume problem when I did the cat delete with the stock exhaust. I have never had the fume problem with either exhaust and the stock wind screen which I am still running with the Welter Dual

• I put on the 1320 with quad tips and it helped with the heat but the noise and the fumes were always there. Changed it for a side kick but unfortunately it started to snow in September so I didn't take it out for a real work out. I may have burned off the new smell but it is slightly quieter but I am still getting fumes in the cockpit.

I have the exit exhaust turned up a bit as it looks cool but it maybe has to go parallel to the ground. I missed out on Jeff's 30 day free trial so it is the last exhaust for awhile.

I don't know if the quad tips fit on the 1320 muffler you have but if you want to try it out this muffler pipe let me know and you can pay shipping.

• well I am installing the 1320 cat delete pipe onto the stock system. but if the fumes and smell is going to be far worse than what it currently is then I will have to wait until I can change out the exhaust also. Rear exhaust is best? I guess I will start pricing so I can start saving.

I did read in a different thread however, that installing the Cold Air Intake (CAI) would cut down on the exhaust smell due to more air in also means more air out so more gas is being used in the process so less is coming out the backside. Not that I completely understand the entire process but it sounds like it makes perfect sense.

• I put on the 1320 with quad tips and it helped with the heat but the noise and the fumes were always there. Changed it for a side kick but unfortunately it started to snow in September so I didn't take it out for a real work out. I may have burned off the new smell but it is slightly quieter but I am still getting fumes in the cockpit.

I have the exit exhaust turned up a bit as it looks cool but it maybe has to go parallel to the ground. I missed out on Jeff's 30 day free trial so it is the last exhaust for awhile.

I don't know if the quad tips fit on the 1320 muffler you have but if you want to try it out this muffler pipe let me know and you can pay shipping.

I’ll send you a pm!

• well I am installing the 1320 cat delete pipe onto the stock system. but if the fumes and smell is going to be far worse than what it currently is then I will have to wait until I can change out the exhaust also. Rear exhaust is best? I guess I will start pricing so I can start saving.

I did read in a different thread however, that installing the Cold Air Intake (CAI) would cut down on the exhaust smell due to more air in also means more air out so more gas is being used in the process so less is coming out the backside. Not that I completely understand the entire process but it sounds like it makes perfect sense.

Not sure that a CAI will be a game changer, but usually when you add high flow header exhaust, it’s in conjunction with the high flow intake! Which makes total sense! I’m looking at them now. And I thought I was done with high priced Parts after I sold the Harley. Boy was I wrong😳

• I did read in a different thread however, that installing the Cold Air Intake (CAI) would cut down on the exhaust smell due to more air in also means more air out so more gas is being used in the process so less is coming out the backside. Not that I completely understand the entire process but it sounds like it makes perfect sense.

I don't buy that theory. While it will allow more freely receiving the air, even if it moves better (it will with CAT delete) there won't be any difference at the exhaust as for the burn ratio. The O2 sensor is there to try to maintain set parameters. While it can't compensate larger changes, it will set your Air/Fuel ratio to the programmed parameters at both sea level, and on a mountain top where the air is less dense. Meaning, if it's set at say 14.7 to 1 on air/fuel, if you put more air in and more air out, it will just adjust (increase) the fuel pulse to the injector to bring that number back.

That's what I understand the fuel injection to do. Someone please enlighten me if I'm wrong. Slingrazor ?

• angie@WP or JeffWelter can help with answers. If you want to avoid fumes ss much as possible gomwith the welter sidekick. Get the 2.5 so you are ready for your supercharger!! I had the sidekick and loved it, but at ES jeff talked me into test driving his with the new FSX. Once my wife and I took off she said oh yea. You want this one!!!! Love it.

Now I have the splash guards gone and the wheel fenders so mine sticks straight out. I think this helps with any fumes.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...