GM just announced five plants to be closed in North America by end of 2019 and two more overseas. Thoudands will be out of jobs permanently. The five to be closed are :
- 1. Oshawa Assembly in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2. Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly in Detroit.
- 3. Lordstown Assembly in Warren, Ohio.
- 4. Baltimore Operations in White Marsh, Maryland.
- 5. Warren Transmission Operations in Warren, Michigan.
- 6/7. In addition to the previously announced closure of the assembly plant in Gunsan, Korea, GM will cease the operations of two additional plants outside North America by the end of 2019.