Radio cuts out

• ok I got tired of being wishy washy about this shit lol. I just bought the one from ebay. I will have it by Thursday November 8th. now I will have something to do over the long weekend.

ok so now that I bought it, I need a mounting bracket/faceplate or something for it right? anyone know of the right one? @mytoy you said the one on crutchfield would NOT work right? I don't have the material or anything for constructing one myself.

• thanks for the ebay link. I will definitely do that. I have always avoided ebay. not sure why. but that is 30 cheaper than best buy or anywhere else selling them. the only problem that I have with it and the post question above, the ones I have seen elsewhere are 6.4" and the one on ebay is 6.2" which dimension is the correct size? the one that @mytoy is using is 6.4". so that is the one I want to get due to the faceplate he is making and this way I know there is one already made and tried and tested lol.

I'm not sure why on ebay it says 6.2" I checked the sony website and the sell only the 6.4" Model XAV-AX100 You may want to contact seller and clarify.They have a model XAZ-AX 1000 wit a 6.2" screen.
    6.4" (16.3 cm) Media receiver with BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology | XAV-AX100 | Sony US
    The picture on ebay looks correct.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• and for some reason even though the title says APPLE PLAY, when you go through the product description it says it is android also. I don't have apple and I don't like apple lol. so I am hoping that the product description is actually correct and that it is android capable. now trying to get a hold of an installation kit/mounting bracket or whatever is needed. and of course for the least amount of money necessary lol. and apparently now that you mentioned that a little closer I had to take a look. apparently the link was to the sony xav-ax 1000 and not the 100. so the one I purchased without actually looking very closely was for the 1000 which is apple only. ugh. now to go thru the returns process and try to get the right product. what a pain.

• the seller on ebay promises the 1000 does the same exact thing as the 100 but it is an upgraded model and says that the 100 is now a Walmart exclusive sale so all other retailers have started selling the 1000 model. I think that the other problem I have with the 1000 over the 100 is that the power output to the speakers is less. the ax 100 is 55w x 4 and the 1000 model is only 20w x 4. ? I do have an amp but it is a small one. like 200 or 400 watts.

• the seller on ebay promises the 1000 does the same exact thing as the 100 but it is an upgraded model and says that the 100 is now a Walmart exclusive sale so all other retailers have started selling the 1000 model. I think that the other problem I have with the 1000 over the 100 is that the power output to the speakers is less. the ax 100 is 55w x 4 and the 1000 model is only 20w x 4. ? I do have an amp but it is a small one. like 200 or 400 watts.

Not true I purchased my replacement one on ebay after my original one got rained on. This is the reason why I make the rain resistant faceplate. I use also a mini AMP which is integrated to the faceplate.
    I just want to entertain my honey and myself not the whole interstate :00008172::00008172:
    You can buy it at Best buy also
    Sony 6.4" - Android Auto/Apple CarPlay - In-Dash Receiver Black XAVAX100 - Best Buy

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• yeah, the xav-ax 1000 is $298 dollars, and the xav-ax 100 is $329. I have been going back and forth from site to site and trying to do all the comparison and from the time I bought it this morning to trying to get it returned, I got an email stating it had already shipped. I will add below what the seller said, its from Creative Audio. . . . . . .

The ax1000 does do Android Auto. It is the exact same unit feature wise as the 100. The 100 has been made a Walmart exclusive, all other retailers are selling the 1000 now. As I mentioned though, it is the exact same radio when it comes to features and functionality. It is the exact same chassis size as well, you would need the same dash kit for either the 100 or the 1000. You can use an aftermarket module or use the built in feature. I love these units, Sony killed it with them. The 100 and now the 1000 have been a top seller on the market since they released.
    --
    Sincerely,
    Creative Audio

• ok so @mytoy is your faceplate and rain proofing going to fit on the AX 1000 model? even though it is 6.2 instead of 6.4? going to have to figure out how to waterproof this thing now. grrrrr. so for future reference my name is JOE so you don't have to type in the hernandeves5 thing. that was thought process of my last name, wifes last name and all that kind of stuff when I came up with it.

• yeah, the xav-ax 1000 is $298 dollars, and the xav-ax 100 is $329. I have been going back and forth from site to site and trying to do all the comparison and from the time I bought it this morning to trying to get it returned, I got an email stating it had already shipped. I will add below what the seller said, its from Creative Audio. . . . . . .

The ax1000 does do Android Auto. It is the exact same unit feature wise as the 100. The 100 has been made a Walmart exclusive, all other retailers are selling the 1000 now. As I mentioned though, it is the exact same radio when it comes to features and functionality. It is the exact same chassis size as well, you would need the same dash kit for either the 100 or the 1000. You can use an aftermarket module or use the built in feature. I love these units, Sony killed it with them. The 100 and now the 1000 have been a top seller on the market since they released.
    --
    Sincerely,
    Creative Audio

Interesting. Crutchfield has it listed, Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart. $299 at Walmart but out of stock. $329 at Crutchfield. Best Buy lists it for $299 also with free installation. That would be interesting. 8o

• ok so @mytoy is your faceplate and rain proofing going to fit on the AX 1000 model? even though it is 6.2 instead of 6.4? going to have to figure out how to waterproof this thing now. grrrrr. so for future reference my name is JOE so you don't have to type in the hernandeves5 thing. that was thought process of my last name, wifes last name and all that kind of stuff when I came up with it.

I don't know if it is the overall same dimension it should, also there is like a usb port which would be problematic.
    You should be able to return it because they advertised the wrong unit.

• I tried to do an immediate return so I could get the right one, and ebay said that it was too early that I had to wait until the 3rd. and no sooner it said that, the seller sent me an email stating the item was shipped and gave me a tracking number. so now if I try to return it I am going to have to do the shipping and all that kind of shit. I am so damn frustrated at this point that I am willing to try and just make it work. after having done all of the research and back and forth and their misprints and all of that, I am just to the point that I am wanting to make this one work. I know, I know, its taking the easy way out. the simple way lol. even goes to the extent that I cant find a mounting kit. and the Creative Audio that sells the unit, said they DONT sell installation kits and told me I needed to find someone else. I mean what kind of shit is that? so I sent an email off to sony, asking if they have kits specifically for the slingshot and waiting back on that response. I bet it will be a doozy. and of course some of the others I am still waiting also. as @dangerdarrell stated to contact shawn at slingtunes, I sent them an email also. asking about one for the 1000. we will see. doesn't the 100 model have the usb up front also?

• I tried to do an immediate return so I could get the right one, and ebay said that it was too early that I had to wait until the 3rd. and no sooner it said that, the seller sent me an email stating the item was shipped and gave me a tracking number. so now if I try to return it I am going to have to do the shipping and all that kind of shit. I am so damn frustrated at this point that I am willing to try and just make it work. after having done all of the research and back and forth and their misprints and all of that, I am just to the point that I am wanting to make this one work. I know, I know, its taking the easy way out. the simple way lol. even goes to the extent that I cant find a mounting kit. and the Creative Audio that sells the unit, said they DONT sell installation kits and told me I needed to find someone else. I mean what kind of shit is that? so I sent an email off to sony, asking if they have kits specifically for the slingshot and waiting back on that response. I bet it will be a doozy. and of course some of the others I am still waiting also. as @dangerdarrell stated to contact shawn at slingtunes, I sent them an email also. asking about one for the 1000. we will see. doesn't the 100 model have the usb up front also?

USB is in the back on the 100. Connects to the factory USB.
    You could just say "Return to Sender."
    Also, I gave up on Ebay when I couldn't return a motor I ordered for a bike. Clutch won't release and sender (from China) wants a video of the problem. I told them I can't get a video because if I start it there is no stopping. ;( I now only order from Amazon, Walmart, etc. Sticking with easy returns.

He is trying to bullshit you.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.