Wannagofast.com 1/2 mile shootout in Ocala FL (Sat, Jan 20th 2018, 7:00am - Sun, Jan 21st 2018, 7:00pm)

Date

Wannagofast.com 1/2 mile shootout in Ocala FL

Sat, Jan 20th 2018, 7:00 am - Sun, Jan 21st 2018, 7:00 pm

1201 NE 77th St, Ocala, FL 34479, USA

Participants

0 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Jan 20th 2018, 7:00 am
  • @MWSlingshot the Rugged Ridge lights suggested are a very bright white light and are supplied as a private label from a very good (quality) manufacturer. LED lights have become a very tricky market where I would say the old saying "you get what you pay for" holds true. If it sounds too good to be true than odds are you are correct. I suggest sticking with a known brand. I sent @MiM a set for him to test so he could give you feedback. A special mount will be required and the newer 2017 up US models really make adding aftermarket lights fun.I personally now run these newer design LEDs with Amber running lights built in. Rugged Ridge 15209.31

P.S.... I got to design the housing so I'm a little biased towards them. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for all of the input on the lights. i have been looking into adding additional lights to my 2017 SLR but I have discovered that the 2017's you have got to replace the headlight housing shroud instead of being able to just remove the cover and install the the lights. Damn, thats a $400 for a kit for $30.00 worth of plastic and 40.00 for lights..... I'd love to find a earlier model that has been wrecked and get the plastic pieces from it. But anyone with a 2017 or newer would love to do the same thing.
    @'RupturedDuck, What kind of housing did you design?

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Thanks for all of the input on the lights. i have been looking into adding additional lights to my 2017 SLR but I have discovered that the 2017's you have got to replace the headlight housing shroud instead of being able to just remove the cover and install the the lights. Damn, thats a $400 for a kit for $30.00 worth of plastic and 40.00 for lights..... I'd love to find a earlier model that has been wrecked and get the plastic pieces from it. But anyone with a 2017 or newer would love to do the same thing.@'RupturedDuck, What kind of housing did you design?

I have a 2016.5 so just adapted a mounting bracket from the factory mount. Anyone who makes an aftermarket product for the 2017 will need a bracket as well as tooling up for either injection molded (better looking) or a vacuum formed housing for the lights.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• OK.... enough light talk, let's get back to what this thread is about.... RACING! Here is the latest info we got from the race organizers....

Afternoon FL Racers,

The time is approaching quickly for our January 20-21 event at Jumbolair Airport!
    We are very excited and can't wait to meet each and everyone one of you.
    That being said, there are some important things you need to know for driver check-in on both January 20 & 21.
    EVENT ADDRESS:
    JUMBOLAIR AIRPORT
    1401 NE 77TH STREET
    OCALA, FL 34479
    DO NOT pre-fill out the waiver on our website, you will sign that in person on the morning of the event.
    Also, PLEASE ARRIVE AT 7:15AM on JANUARY 20 & 21 for driver check-in!! This ensures we will be ready to race around 9:00AM. Remember, OCALA, FL is on EASTERN TIME for those of you traveling from other areas.
    Here is a little checklist you can use for things to bring to the event:

• Mandatory SNELL SA2010+ Helmet, M2010+ FOR BIKES ONLY
    • Jeans/Pants
    • Tennis Shoes, No Flip Flops!
    • Go Pro's
    • Portable Tool Set
    • Air Compressor if necessary
    • Pop-Up Tents/Chairs
    • Bottled Water (Driver's lunch is free and we will have food vendors for your pit crew and guests!!).........ALCOHOL IS NOT ALLOWED! GRILLING IS PROHIBITED!
    • Sunscreen!
    • Cash for Pit Crew, Guest Spectator Entry Fees and Food for Family Members/Friends
    • Be Ready to GO FAST!!

*THE DEADLINE TO TRANSFER YOUR SPOT TO ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL IS NEXT FRIDAY, JANUARY, 12, AFTER THIS WE CAN'T PROCESS ANYMORE TRANSFERS!!
    If you have any additional questions please let us know. We are sincerely looking forward to all of the awesome people and cars that will be attending this event.
    Let's be SAFE, HAVE FUN and GO FAST!!

See everyone very soon!!

PLEASE READ!!! @rabtech and I are going to be very , very busy after 7:30am getting ready to race.... So, if you guys want to get into the pits on Saturday or Sunday morning, you will need to be there when we arrive..... I will not assume to speak for Robert, but as far as for me, I'm planning on getting to the gate at 6:30am to 7:00am at the latest, I will purchase pit passes for whomever wants them at that time as long as you are willing to pay for them... and it is CASH ONLY at the event, so make sure you have cash before you arrive. Also, know you will not be able to drive your vehicle into the pits, so be prepared to walk in or jump into the truck with me to get in.

I'll only be there for Saturday, Robert is planning on both days. So, if you want me to purchase you a pit pass, be there at the GATE EARLY! Once I go through that gate.... I'm in Race mode and will not have time to play nice! Just a friendly warning..... I get very serious when it comes to driving very fast and you will find out why they call me "StickerDick" really fast if you distract me after I'm in Race Mode! Win, Lose or Draw.... Racing is Racing and I get very serious about that when it's time to RACE! I'm looking forward to seeing everybody, we can have a good time, but , After I pass through those gates, I ain't playing around.... Love you guys, but my life and limb will be at risk.... Just saying!

• Ill go over to the Hilton and pickup my number and all the other stuff and get pit passes for the people that have asked me on Friday night. I will probably have to partake in the cash bar also.... :D

And @StickerDick we have to bring the tech form to them all filled out... But my question is by who? Do you want me to fill yours out and you can fill mine out.... :P

Here is the email I received.

Morning FL Racers,

We will be hosting an Early Check-In Reception at the Hilton of Ocala pool area on Friday night, January 19 from 6-8pm. Appetizers and a cash bar will be provided!
    You can use this time to pickup your vehicle number stickers, wristbands, tech stickers and purchase event t-shirts!
    Additionally, you can purchase pit crew passes and/or spectator passes during this time as well.
    PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR FILLED OUT TECH SHEET!
    Address is:
    Hilton Ocala
    3600 SW 36th Ave, Ocala, FL 34474

--

Kind Regards,

Blake Hutchison
    President - wannaGOFAST
    850-797-8579 Office

info@wannagofast.com
    www.wannagofast.com

• @StickerDick I received this email also.

Attention Saturday & Weekend Racers:

You may drop your trailer Friday, October 27 from 11-5pm.

Sunday Racers:

You will need to bring your trailers on Sunday morning at 7:15am during driver check-in.

See everyone in 2 weeks for some high speed fun!

--

Kind Regards,

Blake Hutchison
    President - wannaGOFAST
    850-797-8579 Office

info@wannagofast.com
    www.wannagofast.com

• belI've it or not Blake states we can fill out our own sheets... So that's what I did.

• Thanks, we would need Saturday only. Staying at the HoJo Friday night, not sure when I will arrive as I am coming back from Dothan work meeting Friday.

I see a past post where @StickerDick is working with Cen FL Slingers, which is the group I'm with. I can check and see if @RadioDR can add the 2 of us to his group via @StickerDick pit crew. As said, I'd just like to spend some up close time admiring the vehicles.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• @flipr how are you a beer taste tester???? And @StickerDick might be able to add two more to my list I'm not sure. He's a busy man making his sling go fast!!! @rabtech grab what you can and we will see you at the HOJO.

:00000436: Set 'em up, I'll test them for you!!

And yes, the roll hoops are painted (haven't seen them, but was told 'almost' ready!! Need a clear coat.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• rabtech... That picture is sweet! I guess I'm not good enough or I don't know where to look for a pic of mine? It looks like I may end up coming down Friday afternoon and pick up pit passes and drop off the tech sheet as well. Not planning on spending the night, but we will see. I had to buy a new front shock, one got bent at the track day in Savannah while I was mowing grass, found it doing practice launches in the front yard!

• rabtech... That picture is sweet! I guess I'm not good enough or I don't know where to look for a pic of mine? It looks like I may end up coming down Friday afternoon and pick up pit passes and drop off the tech sheet as well. Not planning on spending the night, but we will see. I had to buy a new front shock, one got bent at the track day in Savannah while I was mowing grass, found it doing practice launches in the front yard!

At least you found it prior to the outing next weekend or another track day! Good Catch!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868