Anybody ride a Tanom Invader yet??????

Do a search ....

There was a track day a couple years back where the Tanom factory tried to quietly set up Slingshot owners by taping for a TV show without notice, advertising a 'Trike Shootout" without telling Slingshot owners it was a grudge match before the event, and sending their top of the line ($70K+) trikes, one with a professional driver in an effort to embarrass their competition. They had an agenda, the Slingshots showed up to have fun.

Didn't work out exactly how Tanom planned it ..... laugh-squared

Lots of videos and comments on this site......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• That track day was in April of 2016 at Summit Point, WV. They billed it as "Trike Wars", and annoyed the snot out of me. It was my first track day ever, and the Tanoms were a pest on the track. It was filmed by some cable speed channel.

More than a dozen Tanoms posted. Two of them wrecked on the 2nd or 3rd lap. One looked like just body work ($$$), they other looked really bad - like bent frame bad. Nobody hurt, fortunately. The V8 slingshot made its debut their too, eating some grass and bending the frame. Crazy day.

After the wreck, they were all back in the pit, re-torquing their axle nuts. Few of them tracked after that.

Didn't get a ride, but did sit in one. Very claustrophobic, and cramped. While not any better, they did hold their own with us. The factory is in Culpeper, VA, under two hours for many of us. We keep chatting up a factory tour for us, but it has not come together yet. The owner is a nice guy, and an outstanding rider, though not any better than @TheRock or @Jdin . Many times, I have seen Rocky (w/ turbo) being drafted by a Tanom, being drafted by Din dude (stock). Din dude now packs a s/c...

All good, and we invite the Tanoms to every track day.

• The convertible starts at $54k.... Hell, I could buy 3 slings at that price, or buy Slingrazors, a MeanSling top, a supercharger, a trailer, and all of the other mods I would want and still have $20k left in my pocket.

• The convertible starts at $54k.... Hell, I could buy 3 slings at that price, or buy Slingrazors, a MeanSling top, a supercharger, a trailer, and all of the other mods I would want and still have $20k left in my pocket.

You know that is not a bad idea! The ARP heads studs are still installed in the motor and so is the transmission mount for a Welter exhaust. that's about $500.00 in savings. As I have been taught by Felicia, It's not about what it costs, but more about what you save.

You know you want to do it.

• Yes it was a surprise to all of us when we had to sign waivers.

But it was worth it since the very first session was red flagged because they put one of their own in the wall.
    Ok I felt bad for a minute I always hate to see a good piece of equipment get its nose flattened.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Yes it was a surprise to all of us when we had to sign waivers.
    But it was worth it since the very first session was red flagged because they put one of their own in the wall.
    Ok I felt bad for a minute I always hate to see a good piece of equipment get its nose flattened.

I signed my waiver as "Go F**** Yourself". My brother just walked away. Forgot about that. Very annoying. That lady was undesirable.

I felt bad for a minute too, but figured for the salvage value, they could buy a nice Slingshot. Few tears from me, though I was much more careful on subsequent runs. Really sobered me up.

• has anybody actually driven one though? Just wondering? asi checked the other thread but i didn't see anybody speaking of ridning impressions

For the many of us that have seen them at track days, nobody got a ride. Not sure anybody asked for a ride.

Next time I see one at track day, I will get one. Feel kinda silly for not doing so. I'm sure I could get one. But, that would be Spring at the earliest. Maybe I will pop down to visit the factory - not that far. If so, I will post back to this thread.

They are nice. Fit and finish seems better, to my recollection, than a Sling. Is it worth the price? Dunno, and out of my price range anyway at the moment.