Bitcoin Mining Consumes More Power than 159 Countries

• These are my thoughts on this interesting subject. It's a bit long but may be of interest.

Bitcoin must be an elaborate version of a Ponzi scheme. The power used to carry out the mining must increase disproportionately to the availability of coins. Even if it doesn't, the financial world and many governments want it to do this. OK, you can trade Bitcoins, but mineing them appears the best way to go.
    A short while ago you could mine using a good home PC. Now you'll need to use a speciaised machine (normally with minimum of a modified CPU and mother board, but to work properly you need much, much more than this) alternativey, you may wish to use a specialized company to go mineing for you. The algarithum is designed to enure that coins are becoming harder to get, as the number of people mineing increase, this process is not hidden from the investors.
    That's all great, if you were in it at the beginning. You also need to encouage new miners with links, offering discounts, that will then generate you more profits (in Bitcoins).
    A finenite number of Bitcoin will be issued. The trick will be to recognise when to capitalise the coins, before the odds swing to far away from profit. When it finely does go "pop" it will drop, like a stone.
    Then, if most governments and the financial world get their way, remaining profitable investers will be liable to the investors that have lost money. In addition any "dirty" Bitcoins, having been used, anywhere in a "blockchain" may be confiscated, if the blockchain can be traced to any illegal transactions, during its life.

As it appears that the cost of mining is heading towards costing more to mine than Bitcoin's value. Either computer tech must make rapid movement in eficency or Bitcoin prices must rise even faster than they are now.
    With the design of the system making it more diffcult to get Bitcoins, as more people want to mine them, it works like a Ponzi scheme, but instead of needing more people to generate profit to pay existing investors, the diffculty increases, thus increasing the worth of the coin, to pay existing investors and attract new ones.

However, having said all of that. I was seriously considering an investment in mineing some Bitcoins myself.

?(

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited 8 times, last by UK_Paul ().