Luggage Racks Anyone?

• thanks everyone for the help and slinglow for the racks, orderd a rear wing off fleabay to mount on the racks. i will post some pics when its all done

@cbailey7a when you get you sling all set up why not take a ride up to Clarksville and join us for Slingshots Uncorked - you can meet some of your new family.
    Slingshots Uncorked II

Hope you will join us.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• mmm that seems to be a problem.

A solution is possible but I'm having doubts about the strength.
    When you mount the wr to the front then the front brackets is the one where the screws go in.
    So in theorie you could use those brackets from the wr to attach to the brackets from the racks. The wr uses small screws m5 but I guess the racks needs at least m6 for strength.
    Also if you add a lot of weight it might cause a lot of stress on the wr because it is sandwiched between the brackets and the hoops.

@philip_mustang I was just thinking about this. What if you inserted the bolts from the back of the hoops, through the rack mounting bracket, then through the hoop, then through the rack's loose mounting bracket on the front of hoop and tighten that down with a lock washer and nut, just like you would normally mount them but use a longer bolt that would then extend beyond the front of the hoop and through the windscreen with a 2nd nut that would fasten the windscreen in place on the front of the hoop? I could draw a diagram to clarify if I had mad computer skills to post it up.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @philip_mustang I was just thinking about this. What if you inserted the bolts from the back of the hoops, through the rack mounting bracket, then through the hoop, then through the rack's loose mounting bracket on the front of hoop and tighten that down with a lock washer and nut, just like you would normally mount them but use a longer bolt that would then extend beyond the front of the hoop and through the windscreen with a 2nd nut that would fasten the windscreen in place on the front of the hoop? I could draw a diagram to clarify if I had mad computer skills to post it up.

That could work on the condition that the holes of the windscreen line up with the brackets of the rack.
    But it looks indeed like this is a way to have both. Haven't thought of it myself so :thumbsup: Good thinking!

• That could work on the condition that the holes of the windscreen line up with the brackets of the rack.
    But it looks indeed like this is a way to have both. Haven't thought of it myself so Good thinking!

I didn't think about hole alignment. Perhaps holes could be drilled through the restrictor where necessary without cracking or otherwise destroying it. That would probably be necessary anyway to accommodate the bolt size.

• to anyone looking a set of luggage racks these things are made very well, I like them very much thanks slinglow

Thanks @cbailey7a! We're looking forward to seeing what you do with the wing. Hopefully you'll post up pictures here and on the 'What was today's Sling projects-Mods, goodies' thread. And if you get a nice background in your shots, send them to @Ross at the 2019 calendar thread!

• @KayTwo, I know you said that you weren't sure if you'd want black, white or blue. I do these in batches so black was easiest under the circumstances although white was the requested color. If you decide you'd like white, I can easily do that and swap you out sometime in the future. If it's blue, then I talked to a guy that may be willing to hook you up. His name is (name removed 'cause Google is watching all this shit - seriously! They could cost him a bunch of taxes, release naked videos. or refuse to sell him food or water. I'm not making this up - check the hidden gps thread!)

• @KayTwo, I know you said that you weren't sure if you'd want black, white or blue. I do these in batches so black was easiest under the circumstances although white was the requested color. If you decide you'd like white, I can easily do that and swap you out sometime in the future. If it's blue, then I talked to a guy that may be willing to hook you up. His name is (name removed 'cause Google is watching all this shit - seriously! They could cost him a bunch of taxes, release naked videos. or refuse to sell him food or water. I'm not making this up - check the hidden gps thread!)

No, brother, black is good! Thank you!

• Still available. Compabability unconfirmed. Let me know once you get your WR and let's talk.

• I didn't have time this weekend to unbolt the WR and take a picture of the holes to install.
    But if it really works is up to you to find out :thumbsup: Since I don't have those racks and don't plan on installing them.

Good luck!