Exhaust fumes question

• I have been told there are two ways to help with the WP Duels -

1. Put an 8" extension on the end of the pipes and then slide on your mufflers - Told it works well and gets the exhaust outside the vortex - not sure it's the look I would want.
    2. Add a Med height rear lip/spoiler to the sling. You know the ones that wrap around the whole back deck - I might go this route and just have it painted to match the sling.

DDM Stage 2 SuperCharger
    1320 Manifold
    WP Dual Exhaust
    Custom Blue /w ghosting

• The high windshield creates a vortex that curls over the top in a clockwise circle back into the cockpit.

That's why I believe using vents to get some air flow at the bottom of the windshield or using some type of deflector to bring air around the windshield near the bottom of the windshield will help alleviate exhaust smells.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I’m currently running double bubbles with driver side cut down...And they direct a lot of air into the cockpit...I also have a rear wind screen...I’m planning on cutting down a straight windshield so I can see over it...which should still let too much air in....but I can’t look through plastic...so ...

Once I get the welter duel exhaust installed we’ll see what happens....

Double bubbles for summer and straight one for spring and fall...

• I just installed a CAI ...that said I never smelled exhaust fumes before with over 5000 miles...installed the CAI and started the SS in the driveway and within 20 seconds I smelled very strong exhaust fumes...

Does anyone think there is a connection somehow? Or was it a very big coincidence?

• Big dog, every engine equipped with a catalytic converter is set to run a little bit rich, so there is enough fuel in the exhaust to light up the converter. Opening the exhaust allows more air to flow through the air pump. (engine). The computer controls may need to be driven for a bit, 4-6 miles, to reset the mixture. It will reset to the reprogrammed mixture. HTH, YMMV.... :thumbsup:

• That said, will it do the same after I delete my cat....(did I really say that) ....will the computer know the cat isn’t there?

Probably not....so that could be why everyone is getting all the fumes...the computer is still feeding the system as if it’s there...

Can that be fixed?

• Cat provides some back pressure, that is why the engine runs better without it. The oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold
    detects the mixture, and provides a signal to the ECM to provide the proper mixture. This is all done before the cat delete pipe.
    There is a small cat in the stock muffler, also.