Rear Protection Anyone?

• I am proudly Canadian. As most other forum members are properly proud of their country, the USA. However, while our countries share many features and values, we Canucks are waaaaay less litigious than our US neighbours. So the thought of adding a disclaimer, while a good idea, would not have come to mind for me.

American jurisprudence has devolved into a horrendous array of frivolous lawsuits - one of the leading factors of my early retirement!! That is why I am a proponent of the British system whereby you sue me and lose - you pay my attorney fees ....never happen here sadly

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• American jurisprudence has devolved into a horrendous array of frivolous lawsuits - one of the leading factors of my early retirement!! That is why I am a proponent of the British system whereby you sue me and lose - you pay my attorney fees ....never happen here sadly

Isn't it sad that our names can be dragged through the mud in civil and criminal court with no payments after fraud is proven? I'm sure there would be less lawsuits if those with false allegations or frivolous lawsuits were held financially accountable. Often the response would be, "they have no money, so you're going to get blood from a turnip?" Response would be, "No, the law allows me to sue their attorney as well for knowing the allegations were false or they were pretty sure." That might make those soliciting for suits think twice perhaps?

• Isn't it sad that our names can be dragged through the mud in civil and criminal court with no payments after fraud is proven? I'm sure there would be less lawsuits if those with false allegations or frivolous lawsuits were held financially accountable. Often the response would be, "they have no money, so you're going to get blood from a turnip?" Response would be, "No, the law allows me to sue their attorney as well for knowing the allegations were false or they were pretty sure." That might make those soliciting for suits think twice perhaps?

Don’t underestimate - we lawyers specialize in extracting blood from a turnip :00008172::00008172:

• I am proudly Canadian. As most other forum members are properly proud of their country, the USA. However, while our countries share many features and values, we Canucks are waaaaay less litigious than our US neighbours. So the thought of adding a disclaimer, while a good idea, would not have come to mind for me.

Well you made your own plate so of course you wouldn't sue you...

Thanks @Bill Martin I appreciate your advice. I mean recommendation. Or which ever costs less...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well you made your own plate so of course you wouldn't sue you...
    Thanks @Bill Martin I appreciate your advice. I mean recommendation. Or which ever costs less...

Initial consultation is free ..... subsequent advice requires a shot of fine Kentucky bourbon & a good Cuban cigar .... my rate has significantly diminished these days :00008172:

• I apologize to all for the silence lately but I now have all of the plates in to the powder coater for painting. Both my nephew Shawn and I have been catching up on other business. He got buried with 3 new boat orders and has been putting in looong hours. I did confirm with the painter that the clear coat will add depth to the gloss black and will also increase durability, so I think it makes sense to clear coat the gloss black plates the same as the red. There are some who have asked for gloss black without the clear coat so if those people would prefer to save the $10 let me know and I can pull them before clear coating. Remember, the red ones will need the clear coat and the wrinkle black is a flat black so the clear coat would defeat the purpose.

Each plate has been drilled with two holes for push fasteners (included along with 3M tape) that are located behind the metal strap holding the gas tank to prevent any contact with the tank itself. I realized that it will not be necessary to remove the plastic panel to drill holes for these fasteners. You will be able to remove the torx bolts on the sides and bottom of the panel (maybe the top also to prevent breakage), pull it away from the tank, drill the holes and refasten it. You will not need to lift the machine, remove the shock bolt, and remove the panel. Sourcing these fasteners was part of the delay as the ones I purchased had a larger head than the Polaris fasteners and would not work with the diamond plate. We carefully drilled each hole so that the fastener head will lay flat on the plate and not fall on a diamond, but the larger head interfered. Smaller fasteners are on the way.

@MiM, after talking with Shawn about oxidation of the bare material, he feels that this will not be a big issue. He claims that he does not see significant oxidation on the boat floors made form this material when they come in for service, even after a few years, although the finish will dull from exposure and foot traffic. And these are boats that go on the water. So I'm thinking a clear coat on the bare aluminum should hold up pretty well in your Texas climate. If anyone else wants aluminum let me know now as everything else will get painted.

They will look like this but will not keep your beer cold:

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Now for the timing. I am extremely pleased to inform you that I will be leaving this Friday 10/27 for Elk camp and will not return until Sunday 11/5, unless we tag out early or get snowed off of the mountain. I will have no internet during this time. The plates will be done and ready to ship when I get back. If each person interested will PM me with a shipping address, I'll be able to calculate shipping and get back to you with a total that can be sent via gift to friends and family on Paypal. Send the info anytime and I will begin to respond the week of 11/6.

Cheers to all!

• It's about 11 1/2" x 20". That's what I'm hoping. I just haven't had one in my possession long enough to shop the 3 carriers. Anyone with shipping advice beyond USPS, UPS and FedEx feel free to advise.

• Just a thought, how many of you already have the gravel guard that keeps the stones and debris off of the swing arm? Is this going to interfere with that mounting or is it mounted above that? Also, if one doesn't have the gravel guard can it be mounted to this shield as an option?

I want a gloss black one with clear coat plz

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Got it @MWSlingshot. The bottom of the panel is just above the 3 torx bolts at the bottom of the plastic panel that the mudflaps connect to so it should not interfere.

• @SlingLow....I believe you already have my contact info in an earlier PM. If it got lost in all of your other PM's just let me know and I'll send it to ya again.
    Have fun on your trip!!! :thumbup:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi