Rear Protection Anyone?

• SlingLow I'll go for a white rear plate and a white front grill please. I have the chrome one now but will be adding the white fenders shortly and this will complement the look.

Roger that Soluga! They should be powder coated next week. . I don't remember the shipping charge on the chrome but will look at my records. A 2nd plate will increase it slightly but certainly not double.

Edit: I just remembered that the two holes for the fasteners are not drilled at a specific measurement but instead are positioned between the diamonds so the fastener head rests on a flat surface, so they are slightly different on each plate. If you will take a measurement from the right edge of your plate to the right hole and the left edge to the left hole (measure to the outside edges of the holes) I will see if I have one that matches up so that you won't have to drill two more holes in your rear panel. Not a big deal since the plate covers it but it's better if there are only two. I have 4 holes in mine for 2 different plates so I can switch it out when desired.

Don't forget there is a matching kick plate too (wink, wink, nudge, nudge):

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• Would love the kick plate but i have my sub woofers under the glove box so i don't have the room for it. So just the white rear plate and front grill would be all i need. I will send my CA address so that you get determine the shipping charges. Perhaps move the holes for this one up about 1 to 2 inches so that i can switch it up if i want too? (My ss is still in the shop so i can't quickly measure this today)

• Would love the kick plate but i have my sub woofers under the glove box so i don't have the room for it. So just the white rear plate and front grill would be all i need. I will send my CA address so that you get determine the shipping charges. Perhaps move the holes for this one up about 1 to 2 inches so that i can switch it up if i want too? (My ss is still in the shop so i can't quickly measure this today)

The holes are all at the same height so they line up with the metal strap holding the gas tank behind it. The variation is only left to right. I want to make sure that the holes either line up or are far enough apart not to overlap so I'll wait until you get a chance to measure yours. If it's going to be in the shop a while, perhaps the shop tech would take a quick measurement for you. It's OK if it's in solugameters or whatever y'all use up there! I got your address and will get back to you soon with cost.

SlingLow , I love that your stuff is still moving, that the word of mouth is still working for you. Happy Thanksgiving, brother.

Thanks a million Jared and happy politically correct holidays to you too! I am now evaluating ways to take this to the next level but need to determine how much time and energy I'm willing to allocate to it. I'm in the process of establishing a 3rd LLC involved in real estate right now and have kept the Slingshot stuff at the hobby level for now. I'll keep it going as long as it's fun - the day job is paying the bills. And no, day job is not my pet name for Sara.:thumbsup:

• I'm probably going to be in the market for one, but not sure what color to go with until the slingshot gets painted

Sweet! We're all waiting to see what you come up with. Glad to hear you're up and running Funinthesun . I hope to see you get some wheel time and pain free living. Happy holidays to you and yours!

• SlingLow , do you still have (or did you ever have) kickplates in blue fire? (Sorry if this isn't the right thread)

No Blue Fire products. I may have found a matching powder but the Blue Fire is so ultra-rare and extremely difficult to find that it simply isn't cost effective to produce them.

I do have white though...

• No Blue Fire products. I may have found a matching powder but the Blue Fire is so ultra-rare and extremely difficult to find that it simply isn't cost effective to produce them.

I do have white though...

I'm thinking white's not the best idea for something that people put their feet on. Got black?

• I'm thinking white's not the best idea for something that people put their feet on. Got black?

I don't. I didn't think it would stand out. As with the front grill, I was thinking this should add some bling. I could do black in small quantities by piggy-backing on a larger order at the powder coater. It's true that this will get some foot action (depending on your driving habits of course), but my red one has held up pretty well.

• It's true that this will get some foot action (depending on your driving habits of course), but my red one has held up pretty well.

not to put too fine a point on it, but people of average or taller than average stature will also put their feet on it as part of the daily course of riding, not just because they're looking for the brake pedal.

• not to put too fine a point on it, but people of average or taller than average stature will also put their feet on it as part of the daily course of riding, not just because they're looking for the brake pedal.

Yeah, I wouldn't know. I'm sitting on 3 Seattle phone books...:P