Wheel Bearing Noise

• How do you grease them in place? Is there a fitting I’m not seeing?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Short answer is you pull the axle. The drivers side has a two piece inner race so you can force grease into the bearing area. The pulley side is actually a two piece bearing that separates when you pull the axle out. You grease both sides and then reassembly everything. If you use the search function I think most of this info and pictures are already on the forum.

• Pulling the axle may or may not be so easy.

Had bearing issues last summer, and went to an undesirable (closer to me) dealer for a fix. Took three of them, quite some time. One held a propane torch. One hit the axle with a sledgehammer from the left, the other from the right. I was pissed. I don't like cavemen working on my baby.

My current, desirable (3 hours each way) dealer, couldn't stop laughing at my story. My story is true.

Don't know about proper tools, but am pretty sure it is not within my abilities either.

• I know some people/dealers had a problem getting the pulley off of the axle. But I have pulled the axle out of two Slingshots with no problem to grease the bearings. No heat and just a wood block and a large hammer.

• I use a heat gun to loosen the locktite and set the emergency brake and the nuts come right off. I use a 3 jaw puller to pull the sprocket off again using heat gun for locktight. The axle shaft should then just slide out with no hitting once the brake caliper is removed

• @Nick Alleshouse if someone else has already said this, then I apologize I missed it in the thread.

Have you taken it back to the dealer? If they are half way decent they should adjust this for you. Especially since you recently had the recall work done.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...