• On the tachometer in my 2016 SL the marked red line is about 6200 RPM. In the specifications on the Polaris sight they say the "rev limit" is 7200 RPM

Am I correct in thinking that the 7200 is the actual limit imposed my the ECU and that the marking on the Tach is more of a warning zone?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I said it before and I will say it again I literally accelerate until the engines coughs then up shift in 1st and 2nd.

I am convinced that there is no way to destroy a NA engine other than bad maintenance or Friday engine.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I said it before and I will say it again I literally accelerate until the engines coughs then up shift in 1st and 2nd.

I am convinced that there is no way to destroy a NA engine other than bad maintenance or Friday engine.

I do the exact same thing in first, second, and third. The only difference is I am doing it with 10.5 inches of boost. Drive it hard and worry about breaking it after it happens. It will make for a lot more fun and a better story in the end.

• I do the exact same thing in first, second, and third. The only difference is I am doing it with 10.5 inches of boost. Drive it hard and worry about breaking it after it happens. It will make for a lot more fun and a better story in the end.

LOVE IT!!!! :00008172:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I personally never pay attention to what the dash show for a "redline" on modern vehicles. The ECM will know when to stop revving and will make sure to keep you out of the danger zone.

Rev away and don't worry. Once you feel a slight loss of power or hear it bounce, shift away.

The rev limiter is most likely shown lower on the dash, because the NA Slingshot really doesn't make any more power over 6200 rpms. Power starts to bleed off around 5500 RPMs.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D