• damn you people and your recommended order of mods and list of regrets. Coilovers. Coilovers. coilovers. And so I see Hahn is having another Qa1 sale that started today and I'm just sitting in the airport drinking and prepping for oktoberfest and boom, now my credit card has a $700 charge on it.

Stay tuned and $700 will turn into $1700 and $2700 and you will look back and say $700 wasn't so bad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• @Rob the Slob , Who said the sound is waiting? ... Still need advice there.

Can't help you there. My sound is still waiting. I have a 10 cent tin ear so it is hard for me to spend money on something that I wont be able to enjoy.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• damn you people and your recommended order of mods and list of regrets. Coilovers. Coilovers. coilovers. And so I see Hahn is having another Qa1 sale that started today and I'm just sitting in the airport drinking and prepping for oktoberfest and boom, now my credit card has a $700 charge on it.

That is a good first decision.

• a lot of things can be said about this group but the thing no one can argue is that this diverse group has done just about everything imaginable TO and IN the Slingshot and we arent afraid to share what worked well and felt great ... go for @Tripod

• Bob's tune remaps your ECU to what you have on your Slingshot, and makes the most power with your setup. Advances the ignition, changes the pulse cycle of the injectors, and makes the most of what is there. I gained low end torque, mid range was suddenly crisp, and upper RPM it's a different machine. It is a little scary coming out of the turns hard now, which is just right. At 3,000 with traction control on in 1st gear, shoving your right foot down will spin until shift, but just enough. Turn traction control off, really need to watch 1st and 2nd hard hits. I had it try to do a 180 on me going to 2nd a few days after the tune. He charges $500, plus you either have to catch him at an event, or pay shipping both ways. He was at Maggie Valley in June, I got it done there. Also, there is a code I can hook you up with for $100 off, same price he charges for the tune at shows.
    But without CAI, he said it's pretty worthless. Has to get air first. A bonus was an increase in MPG by 2-4, when I drive like I have some sense.

Here it is on Slingmods.

Polaris Slingshot ECM Tune / Reflash by MEFIBurn Tuning

Brent, I'll be in touch soon. Need to discuss this. :D

• I did. I read through a bunch. a lot of posts seem to be in the earlier stages of owning whatever they bought. Wondering what someone's long term review is. Like the motortrend 30,000 mile review :)

True, but a lot of those posts are a bit older...reach out to those individuals and ask for an update, I'm sure they'll oblige.

I'm still running a stock stereo, so I'm no help. Sorry.

Good move! You won't regret it!!

• a lot of things can be said about this group but the thing no one can argue is that this diverse group has done just about everything imaginable TO and IN the Slingshot and we arent afraid to share what worked well and felt great ... go for @Tripod

Except his is a garage queen and he never drives it, just takes pictures of it.... :00008172:

• Do a search on this forum for "stero" and "radio" and the word "din" and I think you will find at least a couple threads with discussions about both the head units and enclosures out there.

Can you tell me if bobs tune is $500 each time it's changed? Like if I start with K&N air filter it's $500 then if I upgrade to a CAI it's an additional $500 then if I add an exhaust it's an additional $500 and so on.

• Can you tell me if bobs tune is $500 each time it's changed? Like if I start with K&N air filter it's $500 then if I upgrade to a CAI it's an additional $500 then if I add an exhaust it's an additional $500 and so on.

It is not $500 each time, I forget the cost but if your dealer reprograms your ECU there is a small charge for Bob to reprogram.. I believe what this amounts to is like saying $500 charge per ECU.

• Greetings all. New owner here as well. Had my SLR for a little over a month now and I have read A LOT of information here. I've got the itch and starting to plan out what I have in mind.....but Jesus! What is up with these prices? Over a grand for an exhaust system? You can get chrome plated Hooker headers for a 350 for about half the price than an Alpha for a sling! I realize that it's new and the aftermarket is highly specialized, but dang! Oh well...I know I'll end up spending more than I should because they are so stinking fun!

:SLRSS:

S O G Member

Oklahoma

Slingshot

Riders

• Greetings all. New owner here as well. Had my SLR for a little over a month now and I have read A LOT of information here. I've got the itch and starting to plan out what I have in mind.....but Jesus! What is up with these prices? Over a grand for an exhaust system? You can get chrome plated Hooker headers for a 350 for about half the price than an Alpha for a sling! I realize that it's new and the aftermarket is highly specialized, but dang! Oh well...I know I'll end up spending more than I should because they are so stinking fun!

Welcome @sabruce01 to the wild world of owning a Slingshot. Just go ahead and raise the limit on your credit card and move on and enjoy.

Yeah, it kinda sucks on some items, but there is a surprising amount of ingenuity and re-purposing out there, too. And keep an eye out for sales, both from vendors and on the forum. For example, you need new shocks. Bill Hahn just announced a sale on the QA-1 adjustable coilovers he carries. Go getcha some. :D