• So circling back to the first thing I'm going to being my radio, which enclosure do you recommend? I am probably not getting a waterproof head unit and it seems many of you don't have it either so should I then get the underground one?

And I got one head unit recommendation. Any others?

• @FunCycle you think like me. Top five, prefer all at once if $$ is there. QA1's, DDM short throw shifter, CAI, even length header, and Bob's tune. Pretty sure those would be mine anyway. If I were looking at some type of forced air, the last 3 would change.... but I'm not.

I have regretted not going with the performance mods first. Some of the earlier mods would not have been done at all. We do agree on this.

• So circling back to the first thing I'm going to being my radio, which enclosure do you recommend? I am probably not getting a waterproof head unit and it seems many of you don't have it either so should I then get the underground one?

And I got one head unit recommendation. Any others?

Do a search on this forum for "stero" and "radio" and the word "din" and I think you will find at least a couple threads with discussions about both the head units and enclosures out there.

• I did. I read through a bunch. a lot of posts seem to be in the earlier stages of owning whatever they bought. Wondering what someone's long term review is. Like the motortrend 30,000 mile review :)

• @FunCycle you think like me. Top five, prefer all at once if $$ is there. QA1's, DDM short throw shifter, CAI, even length header, and Bob's tune. Pretty sure those would be mine anyway. If I were looking at some type of forced air, the last 3 would change.... but I'm not.

What is Bob's tune? I can't find it in the search. Is it a great song to play on my new radio? :P

• It's not a Marine grade HU, but there is a video on YouTube with a guy spaying it down with water....seems pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Apparently it is true that they brain wash us....I just noticed that out of habit I capitalized the word marine....when I was using it outside of context relating to the Marine Corps..... :S

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• What is Bob's tune? I can't find it in the search. Is it a great song to play on my new radio? :P

Bob's tune remaps your ECU to what you have on your Slingshot, and makes the most power with your setup. Advances the ignition, changes the pulse cycle of the injectors, and makes the most of what is there. I gained low end torque, mid range was suddenly crisp, and upper RPM it's a different machine. It is a little scary coming out of the turns hard now, which is just right. At 3,000 with traction control on in 1st gear, shoving your right foot down will spin until shift, but just enough. Turn traction control off, really need to watch 1st and 2nd hard hits. I had it try to do a 180 on me going to 2nd a few days after the tune. He charges $500, plus you either have to catch him at an event, or pay shipping both ways. He was at Maggie Valley in June, I got it done there. Also, there is a code I can hook you up with for $100 off, same price he charges for the tune at shows.

But without CAI, he said it's pretty worthless. Has to get air first. A bonus was an increase in MPG by 2-4, when I drive like I have some sense.

Here it is on Slingmods.

Polaris Slingshot ECM Tune / Reflash by MEFIBurn Tuning

• Bob's tune remaps your ECU to what you have on your Slingshot, and makes the most power with your setup. Advances the ignition, changes the pulse cycle of the injectors, and makes the most of what is there. I gained low end torque, mid range was suddenly crisp, and upper RPM it's a different machine. It is a little scary coming out of the turns hard now, which is just right. At 3,000 with traction control on in 1st gear, shoving your right foot down will spin until shift, but just enough. Turn traction control off, really need to watch 1st and 2nd hard hits. I had it try to do a 180 on me going to 2nd a few days after the tune. He charges $500, plus you either have to catch him at an event, or pay shipping both ways. He was at Maggie Valley in June, I got it done there. Also, there is a code I can hook you up with for $100 off, same price he charges for the tune at shows.
    But without CAI, he said it's pretty worthless. Has to get air first. A bonus was an increase in MPG by 2-4, when I drive like I have some sense.

Here it is on Slingmods.

Polaris Slingshot ECM Tune / Reflash by MEFIBurn Tuning

I read that a few times. I can't tell if I want to be scared in turns? Your description made me pee my pants a little.

• I read that a few times. I can't tell if I want to be scared in turns? Your description made me pee my pants a little.

When you are running in the twisties you use the gears ( the reason for the short shifter ) and keep the RPM's between 3,600 and 5,600 RPM's ( pretty much the power band for this motor ) you can run all the way up to the red line say in forth if you need it. The 36 to 56 is pretty much the power band within a few RPM's. Just look at some of the dyno charts. If you are going to do a fair amount of twisties change up the brake pads to some Hawk 5.0's or the ceramics and learn how to use them where you are not heating up the rotors. I personally have never had a heat problem with the brake rotors over heating! Someone will probably come back and tell you why I do not have a problem.

• damn you people and your recommended order of mods and list of regrets. Coilovers. Coilovers. coilovers. And so I see Hahn is having another Qa1 sale that started today and I'm just sitting in the airport drinking and prepping for oktoberfest and boom, now my credit card has a $700 charge on it.

• damn you people and your recommended order of mods and list of regrets. Coilovers. Coilovers. coilovers. And so I see Hahn is having another Qa1 sale that started today and I'm just sitting in the airport drinking and prepping for oktoberfest and boom, now my credit card has a $700 charge on it.

I know you made the right decision. Take them damn pogo sticks off and enjoy the ride. Sound system can wait.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~