CLUTCH MC LEAK?

• like many here i have this slow weep in my clutch mstr. cyl...does anyone know will this be covered for replacement by dealer/polaris? and..is there a new version of this item that is "fixed" and will not leak? or aftermarket item that will fit with little or no modification..thanks

• The master cylinder is the same as a Pontiac Solstice, we have swapped one in to verify on a Slingshot that we had an issue with. Just wondering if you have the aftermarket cap on your clutch reservoir? The Slingshot we had here that we had to replace the master cylinder on had the aftermarket cap and it was leaking because of a lack of seal under the aftermarket cap. This allowed the clutch fluid to run down the hose to the clutch master cylinder and caused the rubber mount on the clutch master cylinder to fail. When the rubber failed on the master cylinder, when you pressed the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, the clutch would not fully disengage and made it very hard to shift.

Not sure if that is related to anything you have going on.
    Dave

• NO aftermarket cap,,OEM,,and it does address my issue,,thanks..i went to gm parts online and found the solstice one..for about $60-70 ...the removal and install looks to be pretty straight forward. just an FYI,,it seems from my observation its more like a weep, but only when running as i looked at the unit,,you can see fluid from area of the "O" rings and subsequent spraying onto the firewall..making a mess,,:LOL i was wondering if polaris had a lot of complaints about this item and are fixing it? haha....ok ok dont laugh...:)

• ok finally updated my Appt, since irma rolled in...for new clutch reservoir installation, i hope this goes as easy as it looks..and the tech got his act together...yes i am the eternal pessimist lol, , i am not sure, but it seems to me that whenever my clutch reservoir is low my brakes kick in? trying to get a grip on this,,its almost like reduced power for a few seconds,,(5) then its ok....i think the brake magnetic switch is ok..but i need some ideas..? thoughts.

• ok,,so far so good...great day,,made appt..in and out and home in 3hrs,,new part and she is shifting awesome...now to address the loss of power at times...i think that the brake master switch had to be adjusted a bit,,its almost to accurate..:) so time to check and adjust ..:)

• I had brought my 16.5 SL into the dealer last month in regards to this slow leak. They held it for three days and stated it didn’t leak at all. I get it home - I see that the day after I drive it, I get this leak the clutch is feeling a little spongy and the brake fluid is slight above the “lower” line - Am safe to assume its the clutch cylinder?[/tt]