Drive belt

• First you need a new dealer .....

Second .... the search function on this site is pretty good and there are quite a few posts that explain the process ....

Here is one with a video ....

Snazzy's Drive Belt Adjustments explained

You will need a high range torque wrench ... hand tools with a couple larger sockets .. a $10 belt tension gauge or a 10lb weight you can hang from the belt ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I did mine yesterday and it made a world of difference. Started with 7/16" cold deflection which was way too tight. The rear-end howled and made other indescribable noises. Followed the service manual instructions and tips from multiple links here, and on another forum and adjusted to 1 3/8". It seemed a little too loose when I finished, but a test drive indicated that the howling I had was gone and the belt is not slipping. This is on a brand new machine (45 miles).

I had to buy a 30mm socket ($5) and a 22mm hex-bit, which was difficult (and expensive) to buy locally. One helpful tip from @mniron was that the pivot shaft must be turned out 1 full revolution to allow the angle drive to slide, after the 30mm pivot shaft nut is loosened on the other end of the axle (#7 in the manual's instructions). I might have missed that. Once everything was loose, I lifted by the swingarm and rolled the rear wheel in the forward direction and the belt loosened right up. Again, this is a new machine and if yours has some age and/or miles, a build up of corrosion may require a little 'convincing' to initially move. Then follow the instructions to tension and tighten everything up.

Best of luck - it's a doable project in my opinion.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Definitely a new Dealer! It is an easy project as are just about everything on these cool a** vehicles!!

Got mine at about an inch loose and not a noise one and i am happy that way.

South Louisiana
    Slinghammer