Just bought bill's used Hahn turbo... What else do I need to buy?

• Anyone of you guys had the brake failure light come on and then have it fixed while having your turbo? I had the recalls done with Bob's bolt ons tune, and they could not do it without swapping an ecm from a stock slingshot... So now that my light is coming back on, they are telling me that they need to pull a code, and doing so may wipe out my turbo tune... I told him I'll just buy the sensors and put them on myself... Those guys at Berts (the dealer i bought my ss from) don't know anything

• @Bill Martin, this poor guy has had more issues since putting your old turbo in his machine...you sure you didn't sell him a lemon? What's your return policy? Maybe you ought to give him your supercharger and see if it works out any better for him... :P

Lol no, the turbo was a fair deal... And is running well.. I had this brake failure light issue for a few months now... The recall was supposed to fix it, that lasted only a few weeks.. Just never had time to set up another appointment with the dealer (plus they don't know shit). Now that my warranty is up in less than 2 weeks, figured I'd get it done.

• Anyone of you guys had the brake failure light come on and then have it fixed while having your turbo? I had the recalls done with Bob's bolt ons tune, and they could not do it without swapping an ecm from a stock slingshot... So now that my light is coming back on, they are telling me that they need to pull a code, and doing so may wipe out my turbo tune... I told him I'll just buy the sensors and put them on myself... Those guys at Berts (the dealer i bought my ss from) don't know anything

Checking codes will not affect the tune. They would have to re-write the entire ECM to swipe the tune and it is very rare for a dealer to do this. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just tell them not to re-write the ECM, even if there is an update available.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Those guys should be able to do sensors without losing your tune and definitely be able to pull codes without messing with tune as well they reflashed my steering with turbo installed. And recently had angle drive replaced when the tech took it for test drive he said a couple lights came on which he reset which I watched him do because I was picking it up as he just was finishing find another dealer in my opinion

• Lol no, the turbo was a fair deal... And is running well.. I had this brake failure light issue for a few months now... The recall was supposed to fix it, that lasted only a few weeks.. Just never had time to set up another appointment with the dealer (plus they don't know shit). Now that my warranty is up in less than 2 weeks, figured I'd get it done.

Glad to hear you're up and running well! Please let me know if you need anything else.

• ASSuming Hahn used a standard size O-ring, measure the outside diameter of the plenum throat over which the O-ring fits and take the broken O-ring to a local supplier like Grainger. Use the broken piece to try to match the O-ring diameter. I've never used Grainger, but other forum embers have recommended them for stuff in the past.
    Otherwise, call Hahn and order a replacement. Just expect it to take awhile to get the replacement. :D
    Good Luck!

I recommended Grainger because they have multiple locations and were listed on a Google search for O-rings. I measured the diameter of the plenum opening at around 2-7/8" and the thickness of the O-ring at 1/16", but those numbers are not exact measurements. I found some references to that size after a Google search, but I didn't see any price info.
    You might even be able to use some High-temp RTV exhaust gasket material to replace the O-ring, but I'd recommend giving Hahn a call before doing so, just in case. Your best bet for getting the correct fit is to order a replacement O-ring from Hahn.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• ASSuming Hahn used a standard size O-ring, measure the outside diameter of the plenum throat over which the O-ring fits and take the broken O-ring to a local supplier like Grainger. Use the broken piece to try to match the O-ring diameter. I've never used Grainger, but other forum embers have recommended them for stuff in the past.
    Otherwise, call Hahn and order a replacement. Just expect it to take awhile to get the replacement. :D
    Good Luck!

I recommended Grainger because they have multiple locations and were listed on a Google search for O-rings. I measured the diameter of the plenum opening at around 2-7/8" and the thickness of the O-ring at 1/16", but those numbers are not exact measurements. I found some references to that size after a Google search, but I didn't see any price info.
    You might even be able to use some High-temp RTV exhaust gasket material to replace the O-ring, but I'd recommend giving Hahn a call before doing so, just in case. Your best bet for getting the correct fit is to order a replacement O-ring from Hahn.

We have them, but if you prefer a local supplier for expediting's sake, let us know and we can get you the o-ring number @Garrett Taguchi.

Good Luck!

Just to clarify, when I used the term ASSuming in my earlier post, I was NOT maligning Hahn RaceCraft, but merely employing something I learned in the Army. Namely that the word assume can make an ASS out of U and ME! That's stuck with me for years as common sense. I can't use the term assume w/o remembering that saying.

• Hey guys , so I've snapped off a couple bolts inside the turbo housing (side that connects to exhaust).. instead of extracting and re tapping , I was just thinking of buying a new generic turbo housing off eBay ...can anyone help me with numbers , measurements , etc . Other than it being a t3, is there anything else I need to know ?

• Hey guys , so I've snapped off a couple bolts inside the turbo housing (side that connects to exhaust).. instead of extracting and re tapping , I was just thinking of buying a new generic turbo housing off eBay ...can anyone help me with numbers , measurements , etc . Other than it being a t3, is there anything else I need to know ?

Take it to someone and have them weld on a nut to the broken stem. Then you should be able to back them out.

That is what I did many moons ago. Worked like a charm and didn't have to re tap either.

• Nothing to weld to ...it's below the surface of the flange ...tried drilling , tried extracting ..ended up breaking extractor inside as well ...just fed up with it ..it's rusted pretty bad so I'd rather just buy a new housing at this point .

• That's the exact issue I had. I didn't think it was possible to fix either. Do yourself a favor and take it into a good welder or mechanic/speed shop to get an opinion.

It could be easier and cheaper to fix in the hands on the right person.

• Mechanics quoted me between 80 to 95 an hour ...2 hour job lol! A housing is about 100 bux ...not to mention I'm a ups driver so u can imagine during this time of year , I have no time to take it to a shop during the week ...most shops I've contacted aren't open on weekends ...so yea