My Slingshot not running great right now

• Hey all, My Slingshot not running great right now. Take a look at these pics of the spark plugs. 3 Black Spark Plugs and 1 White Spark Plug. I just took them out today to look at them.

I have labeled them 1-4 and you will notice the 3nd one is "White" and the other 1, 2 and 4 are very "black".

What do you think is wrong?

• You got to give me more info on how it is running. I get people mixed up all the time. Is this not the same slingshot that is drag raced all the time and rips drive belts into pieces? It looks a bit rich and the plug that is cleaner than the rest is in the hot cylinder. So it would be a bit cleaner... If I'm correct about which SS this is, don't you have a Haltech and an AFR guage . Post some data so I can see how it has been running.

• Miles about 500 on this built motor. It has Supercharger and lots of other goodies. I need to upload somewhere on here my full build list. I am also getting smoke out of the exhaust, when I rev up the throttle I get lots more white/gray smoke. You certainly can smell the exhaust. Makes it not fun to ride. FYI - I corrected the order of numbers of the cylinder to be less confusing.

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• So from what I gathered online (multiple replies) with suggestions from folks is some cylinder(s) running Rich some cylinder(s) running Lean, Problem with injectors, maybe not best spark plugs. What would cause the soot and water to come out of the exhaust in relation to the way the spark plugs look?

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• QuicksilverSS has a very custom setup right now, larger custom supercharger, custom camshafts, Haltech ECM, water/meth injection, etc. which is pretty far from our standard setup. He is the first person to ever run this combination and is breaking new ground for the Slingshot community. We have been working with him long distance to try to see what is going on, sending tune updates but we have not been able to figure out the problem remotely. I am driving from South Carolina this weekend to see him in Houston to evaluate his Slingshot in person though and I am sure he will post up what we find after I have a look at it.

As for the spark plugs, they are the same ones that we are running in all of the high horsepower Slingshots and work just fine.

• QuicksilverSS has a very custom setup right now, larger custom supercharger, custom camshafts, Haltech ECM, water/meth injection, etc. which is pretty far from our standard setup. He is the first person to ever run this combination and is breaking new ground for the Slingshot community. We have been working with him long distance to try to see what is going on, sending tune updates but we have not been able to figure out the problem remotely. I am driving from South Carolina this weekend to see him in Houston to evaluate his Slingshot in person though and I am sure he will post up what we find after I have a look at it.

As for the spark plugs, they are the same ones that we are running in all of the high horsepower Slingshots and work just fine.

"I am driving from South Carolina this weekend to see him in Houston to evaluate his Slingshot in person" - Talk about service after the sale!

• You got to give me more info on how it is running. I get people mixed up all the time. Is this not the same slingshot that is drag raced all the time and rips drive belts into pieces? It looks a bit rich and the plug that is cleaner than the rest is in the hot cylinder. So it would be a bit cleaner... If I'm correct about which SS this is, don't you have a Haltech and an AFR guage . Post some data so I can see how it has been running.

Not drag raced all the time. So a little far extreme description. I would be willing to bet I have less hard pulls on this sling than most guys with supercharger do in regular running the roads.
    I only had 5 passes on this build. The Belt ripping is from an improper adjustment from the beginning, Now thanks to you (Rabtech) and Dave was able to lock in the belt to the exact spec and Dave nailed it. No problem since, no chain needed when belt is on correctly. Even with more HP we did not come close to messing up the new belt. Thanks , by the way...I was not on the phone call but I knew you were the one who helped look that up and get the specs. Then since I broke down so in all the "Testing" Trying to figure it out I decided to pull plugs to look at them as digital fixes were not helping. I am super stoked and excited to get it figured out on Saturday as Dave is on his way out here to deliverer someone else sling and pick up another. Well that is the obvious goal to get it figured out Saturday while he happens to be here. If not then I guess I will be waiting till the other one he is picking up get returned. I am hoping for the best of that scenario as we have all the diagnostics and plans in the works.

Anyhow all that had nothing to do with my original post. Merely just trying to see what others thoughts on the appearance of the spark plugs. Looks like I got that answer. Now that opened up more questions, however, I think that will be easier to understand on Saturday afternoon. Like Dave said in another post above. We will update.