Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Yeah that guy. The guy that deported more illegal immigrants in his first 3 years than Trump and is called a "weak, open boarders loving liberal". I see your point that people can be hypocritical when they wear party blinders.:)

EDIT: Almost forgot the obvious. The Republicans that are calling Joe Corrupt for doing the "same thing" and hailing Trump as a Patriot fighting corruption.

Ever heard of “Dreamers” - yeah Obama was really tough on immigration. If you can’t see the difference between what Biden did and Trump I think you may be the one with the blinders on !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Ever heard of “Dreamers” - yeah Obama was really tough on immigration. If you can’t see the difference between what Biden did and Trump I think you may be the one with the blinders on !!

I see the difference and described the difference. It was the Republicans that called it, "the same thing". You are correct they do have blinders on.:*

• I heard that the conservatives had a landslide in the British elections. Prevailing wisdom says that this may be a big warning sign for Democrats here.

Left wing politicians working against Brexit was cited by many as ignoring the will of the electorate, hijacking votes, etc. I think many here see the impeachment debacle in a similar light.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I heard that the conservatives had a landslide in the British elections. Prevailing wisdom says that this may be a big warning sign for Democrats here.

Left wing politicians working against Brexit was cited by many as ignoring the will of the electorate, hijacking votes, etc. I think many here see the impeachment debacle in a similar light.

Oh, fear not my Republican brothers and sisters. If the Senate doesn't impeach Trump he will be re-elected. Prevailing wisdom says that when Trump gets away with something(Russia if you're listening), he doubles down(Ukraine quid pro quo), then triples down(China should look into...) while his double down is being investigated. He will surely quadruple down. I understand the Republican position. Your team "wins" if you cheat, forget that the USA is your team also. Gerrymandering election maps(Dems do it also to a lesser degree), limiting the number of polling stations in minority communities and encouraging, supporting our President asking foreign countries to interfere in our elections.

On that note I'm happy we came to a tenative agreement with China. The timing, a week after Trump publicly asked them to interfere in our election, seems a little on the nose.:/

• Oh, fear not my Republican brothers and sisters. If the Senate doesn't impeach Trump he will be re-elected. Prevailing wisdom says that when Trump gets away with something(Russia if you're listening), he doubles down(Ukraine quid pro quo), then triples down(China should look into...) while his double down is being investigated. He will surely quadruple down. I understand the Republican position. Your team "wins" if you cheat, forget that the USA is your team also. Gerrymandering election maps(Dems do it also to a lesser degree), limiting the number of polling stations in minority communities and encouraging, supporting our President asking foreign countries to interfere in our elections.

On that note I'm happy we came to a tenative agreement with China. The timing, a week after Trump publicly asked them to interfere in our election, seems a little on the nose.:/

Thanks for the Trump support - cause if a Dem hack gets elected watch the economy tank. I don’t know what kind of investments you have but mine have been doing marvelously since Trump was elected as I am sure yours are also. I really could give a shit what people think about his personality or the way he is running the executive branch because he is getting positive results for the country. He has accomplished more than Obama, Bush, and Clinton combined IMO. With 5 more years of his presidency along with a Rep House and Senate we might upright this sinking ship !!

• Thanks for the Trump support - cause if a Dem hack gets elected watch the economy tank. I don’t know what kind of investments you have but mine have been doing marvelously since Trump was elected as I am sure yours are also. I really could give a shit what people think about his personality or the way he is running the executive branch because he is getting positive results for the country. He has accomplished more than Obama, Bush, and Clinton combined IMO. With 5 more years of his presidency along with a Rep House and Senate we might upright this sinking ship !!

IF (big if;)) the Dems win I hope they leave all things "Trump economic policy" alone. One, because it is doing quite well. Two, because if it goes south it isn't the Dems fault. Strike two, it would be their fault for not correcting things when they needed to change "Trump economic policy". If they get the "correction" wrong, they own that fail. If their corrections work and the economy stays strong they don't get credit because "Trump started it". Oh well, Politics:)

• Oh, fear not my Republican brothers and sisters. If the Senate doesn't impeach Trump he will be re-elected. Prevailing wisdom says that when Trump gets away with something(Russia if you're listening), he doubles down(Ukraine quid pro quo), then triples down(China should look into...) while his double down is being investigated. He will surely quadruple down. I understand the Republican position. Your team "wins" if you cheat, forget that the USA is your team also. Gerrymandering election maps(Dems do it also to a lesser degree), limiting the number of polling stations in minority communities and encouraging, supporting our President asking foreign countries to interfere in our elections.

I'm trying to follow a logical sequence of events? Russia? Didn't President Obama shake hands with a Russian diplomate and inform he would be in a better position after elected? Prior to President Trump? Double down how? Didn't a Clinton funded 3rd party research & produce a dossier by a foreign operative who was known to hate president elect Trump to be used against president Trump? No accident there, double down how? Didn't Vice President Biden Provide the support to Hunter Biden to obtain a position for his son to move into a position on a foreign energy firm. No experience. Double down how? Biden threatens with firing a florigen prosecutor on tape for all to see and gets away with it. So... a V.P. of the United States can abuse his power and its OK. But the consequence's of looking into those abuses result in an impeachment? Nothing wrong there. Double down how?

Your teams wins if you cheat? What?

• I'm trying to follow a logical sequence of events? Russia? Didn't President Obama shake hands with a Russian diplomate and inform he would be in a better position after elected? Prior to President Trump? Double down how? Didn't a Clinton funded 3rd party research & produce a dossier by a foreign operative who was known to hate president elect Trump to be used against president Trump? No accident there, double down how? Didn't Vice President Biden Provide the support to Hunter Biden to obtain a position for his son to move into a position on a foreign energy firm. No experience. Double down how? Biden threatens with firing a florigen prosecutor on tape for all to see and gets away with it. So... a V.P. of the United States can abuse his power and its OK. But the consequence's of looking into those abuses result in an impeachment? Nothing wrong there. Double down how?

936B704A-D84F-4D79-876B-4C7A4A4C32EA.gif

• I'm trying to follow a logical sequence of events? Russia? Didn't President Obama shake hands with a Russian diplomate and inform he would be in a better position after elected? Prior to President Trump? Double down how? Didn't a Clinton funded 3rd party research & produce a dossier by a foreign operative who was known to hate president elect Trump to be used against president Trump? No accident there, double down how? Didn't Vice President Biden Provide the support to Hunter Biden to obtain a position for his son to move into a position on a foreign energy firm. No experience. Double down how? Biden threatens with firing a florigen prosecutor on tape for all to see and gets away with it. So... a V.P. of the United States can abuse his power and its OK. But the consequence's of looking into those abuses result in an impeachment? Nothing wrong there. Double down how?

Interesting how to defend Trump you just point out what others may have done wrong. You are aware, much like Russia and the Ukraine can interfere in our elections, Trump and others can both be guilty of wrong doing, right?

P.S. the IG report clearly stated that the Steele Dossier played absolutely no part in the opening of that investigation.

Bill Martin,

Heard an interesting comment from a respected Lawyer who just happens to be a Democrat, not a supporter of President Trump, and rumor has it has it may speak as a witness in the Senate trial if it makes it that far.

His stance is that yesterdays SC decision (written by RBG) to take up the case of congressional subpoenas for the Presidents tax records voids article two of the dems impeachment fantasy. It validates the Presidents stance that he is within his rights to fight Congress and taking his case to the courts is not obstruction but rather the way separation of powers is designed to work. His stance is article two should be withdrawn and never see the House floor.

Seems this is an opinion that others are also talking about, and agreeing with today.

...... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I hope you guys are aware of the well known fact that the Steele Dossier investigation was originally started and funded by republicans in 2015. If you recall, he was running against 20 Republicans before running against Hillary.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/a…c.com/amp/article/602341/

True it has been known for years it was started as standard oppo research by a Republican group however Steele was not hired or the Russian angle pursued until it was dropped and taken over by the Clinton campaign and the DNC. Simpson has already changed the timeline three times, one of them being under oath in Congressional hearings. His public claims (some of which are in this article) do not line up with the finding of Congress, his own testimony, that of the Or's, the IG, or even Steeles own testimony in his GB court case. It is also rumored to be a subject in Durhams investigation. This dem talking point is typically devoid of fact or detail, as are most.

............ winning.JPG

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......