Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• then the only body liable for someone to have no tax liability is the members of congress that write the laws

Remember you said that.... 'cause I can guarantee it will be brought up tomorrow night with the point stressed that the other Gentleman on the stage was such an individual for 47 years.

......... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Unless Trump violated tax laws his taxes and what he paid or didnt pay shouldn't matter.

I dont know of a single person who doesnt strive to legally minimize their taxes - - - also I think we need to look at the words being used not paying "Income Tax" does not mean a person does not pay taxes - - it is very possible that being in the real estate business a person could pay millions in taxes but they would be classified as capital gains taxes and would not show up as "income taxes"

Seems to me like the media is playing games using the words they choose very carefully to try to confuse people into thinking Trump some how cheated on his taxes

Just more anti Trump media spin as far as I can see

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Frankly I would love it if at the debates all candidates were asked the following question:

"Have you ever intentionally paid more federal or state income tax than required by law?"

Anyone answers yes and they would NEVER get my vote - - have to be a moron to intentionally pay more than the law requires - even if you wanted to give extra there are much more efficient ways to be philanthropic

• I thought about the "law" part. Maybe Bill Martin knows.

If I lie to my tax accountant am I the one who broke the law?

If my tax accountant lies for me am I legally in trouble?

So why do you even think the law might have been broken at all?

Is it your endless hate for Trump?

Seriously, don't you think by now we would know if any tax laws had been broken in all of the years of Trumps tax filings and all of the audits that have been done?

you are just like the media - - you like to make assumptions without any proof and then speculate about them publicly to try to sway opinion

That is a simple one - when you sign your name to the bottom of that 1040 you are responsible NO MATTER WHAT !! The IRS ain’t coming to cuff your accountant - you are the one spending the nite in the Butt Hurt Hotel :00008172: Your CPA should be like your priest - confess all your sins and let him give you absolution :00008359::00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Calm down Sparky. I used myself in the questions, because I was genuinely curious. I was asking for a friend.;)

Is it your man crush on Trump that has you jumping to his defense when a simple question is asked? I didn't accuse. I asked a question.

Now that you mention it, Trump's taxes according to Trump has been under audit for at least 4 years. Sounds pretty intensive, criminal investigation long and intensive perhaps? Since according to Trump it has been ongoing for years, it is hard to have a conclusion, for us "to know by now". There is the "assumption" you requested.:*

Now let's see if you can read a question without thinking it is implicating Trump.

If I cheat on my wife am I a good person?

If I scam a bunch of teenagers out of their money am I an honest person?

If I constantly make up mean nicknames for people I don't like, what age mentality do I have? The answer is 14 year old boy.:)

I bet you thought all those were about Trump. But clearly they are just general questions.

• You guys gotta realize that WOLF just LOVES to go fishin’... :00008356:

you mean he’s a TROLL.....

I'm sure they are referencing how much he actually paid after refunds. They sited one year he got a $10 Million refund. That is probably where the zero comes from. Presumably he paid $10M and got a refund of $10M.

Now Trump has gone from "Fake News" to "They illegally obtained my tax returns and reported it with malicious intent". It is starting to sound less "fake", though there is still no hard evidence for the public, except Trumps reversal in defenses.

he could have paid $150 million .....but had $90 million in deductions....Got $10 million back and Still paid (Owed) $50 million in taxes....now understand that idiots stupid enough to vote for biden....they will think he never ever paid taxes....Which really is fake news....

• you seem to forget that I not only didn't vote for Trump but voted for a person I thought was better for the country at the time

I simply recognize now that I might have been wrong and that based on job performance he has done more in under 4 years to better the lives of virtually every American than his competition in this coming election has done in over 40 years - I am willing to reconsider the view I held prior to 2016

You on the other hand decided long before Mr Trump was ever elected that you didnt care what he might accomplish and you will never reconsider and you would never vote for him - seriously Trump could walk on water and end world hunger forever and you would still hate him and want to vote for someone / anyone else. You are 100% close minded when it comes to Mr Trump

Seriously can you honestly say there could ever be any realistic accomplishment that Trump could do that would make you reconsider?

• If he paid $10M and got all of it back as a refund that would indicate that he had zero tax liability for the year. Assuming that he did not do something illegal then the only body liable for someone to have no tax liability is the members of congress that write the laws.

I highly doubt he’s doing anything illegal.....but he’s probably taking it right up to the line....as every tax preparer does for every client...It’s probably cheaper to pay his taxes than pay his lawyers...

• the media is preaching to idiots.....remember the Wall Street journal is written for an eighth grade education...Biden voters aren’t that educated.....

• Frankly I would love it if at the debates all candidates were asked the following question:

"Have you ever intentionally paid more federal or state income tax than required by law?"

Anyone answers yes and they would NEVER get my vote - - have to be a moron to intentionally pay more than the law requires - even if you wanted to give extra there are much more efficient ways to be philanthropic

those donations are tax deducts which will lower your taxes....

• every CEO and Politicians....all owe income tax.....if for example they owe $10 million Tax to the government.....they can donate that $10 million and deduct it from income tax.....the donation makes them look like big heroes.....just paying the $10 million in taxes without the deduction makes them look like an idiot...

• Over 70 Reagan, Bush, Ford Senior government officials endorse Trump

A group of 70 senior government officials who worked with various Republican administrations dating back to Richard Nixon endorsed President Trump for re-election on Monday, citing his accomplishments on foreign policy and national security.

In an open letter, 70 former officials, including governors, senators, national security advisers, military generals and ambassadors from the Trump, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Reagan, Nixon and Ford administrations, lauded the president for pursuing a "strong foreign and national security policy in America's interests."

"We also believe that a president’s duty and loyalty are owed, first and foremost, to the American people, and not the international community, which is consistent with strengthening our alliances and friendships," the letter said. "For all of these reasons, we have concluded, that Donald J. Trump should be re-elected as President of the United States."

Does anyone actually think Hillary could have done better? would Hillary been able to work with Israel and Arab countries to get the type of deals signed that Trump has done?

Biden and Obama failed miserably at foreign policy - too busy kissing Iranian asses

• That is a simple one - when you sign your name to the bottom of that 1040 you are responsible NO MATTER WHAT !! The IRS ain’t coming to cuff your accountant - you are the one spending the nite in the Butt Hurt Hotel :00008172: Your CPA should be like your priest - confess all your sins and let him give you absolution :00008359::00008359:

Thanks Bill. I honestly thought that the tax accountant gets in trouble, since he is the expert.

I figured I would only be in trouble if I lied to the accountant.

I'm glad you cleared that up for my friend.:)