Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Singapore is one of the cleanest, lowest crime rate cities in the world. Remember Michael Fay - the 18 year old who got caught vandalizing cars there some years ago??? Didn't have to kill him but I bet he NEVER does that again

Caning seems to be an excellent crime deterrent and sends a helluva message to others considering breaking the law!!

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• A CNN reporter walks into a neighborhood tavern and is about toorder a drink when he sees a guy at the end of the bar wearing a "MakeAmerica Great Again" hat. It didn't take an Einstein to know the guywas a Donald Trump supporter.

The CNN guy shouts over to the bartender, loudly enough that everyone in thebar could hear, "Drinks for everyone in here, bartender, except for thatTrump supporter."

After the drinks were handed out the Trump guy gives the CNN guy a big smile,waves at him and says, in an equally loud voice, "Thank you!"

This infuriates the CNN reporter. So he once again loudly orders drinksfor everyone except the guy wearing the Trump hat. As before, thisdoesn't seem to bother the Trump guy. He just continues to smile andagain yells, "Thank you!"

So the CNN guy again loudly orders drinks for everyone except the Trumpguy. And again the Trump guy just smiles and yells back, "Thank you!"

At that point the aggravated CNN reporter asks the bartender, "What thehell is the matter with that Trump supporter? I've ordered three roundsof drinks for everyone in the bar but him and all the silly ass does is smileand thank me. Is he nuts?"

"Nope," replies the bartender. "He owns the place."

• Okay @Bill Martin, riddle me this:

Read this in a CNN article. How the F#$% does this happen?

From New York to Los Angeles, a series of immigration arrests this week have unleashed waves of fear and uncertainty across immigrant communities.

"There are people that I work with who essentially want to go dark," said Cesar Vargas, one of the first immigrants without legal status in New York state to be sworn in as a lawyer.

• Hey - in New York or LA anything goes!! Pretty sure if Osama bin Laden arose from the dead and passed the bar exam he would be a DeBlasio staff attorney!!! Being a lawyer ain't what it used to be IMHO!!! :(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• So I'm not sure what to think about this, honestly. The last two years' worth of dresses that she has worn have been see-through (literally), so I'm not sure if this was actually supporting Trump, or just good marketing on her part. I'm thinking the latter, which means that it was a fake/vain self-indulgent statement vs. a supportive political one. And some may say "either way, she's supporting being anti-liberal, which is brave at the Grammys", but the money and fame might be worth more to her than any negative outcry....

• So I'm not sure what to think about this, honestly. The last two years' worth of dresses that she has worn have been see-through (literally), so I'm not sure if this was actually supporting Trump, or just good marketing on her part. I'm thinking the latter, which means that it was a fake/vain self-indulgent statement vs. a supportive political one. And some may say "either way, she's supporting being anti-liberal, which is brave at the Grammys", but the money and fame might be worth more to her than any negative outcry....

SHE claims she supports him 100% And believes in him..

And read all the comments, I love the rebounds/ truth Republicans blast back. Puts a smile on my face for all the STUPID Comments/ Lefties say/think :D:thumbsup:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited once, last by BONES ().

Lot to be said for the "see through" look - Imma huge supporter of transparency in politics :00008359:

• John Oliver calls out a lot of President Trump's alternative facts and his information sources. The funniest thing is much like some of us, he noticed President Trump tweets a lot of headlines straight from Cable News as his own thoughts. So they are planting informative commercials on all the cable news networks so The President learns some things he may not know.

Be Warned: If you, have thin skin, lack a sense of humor, hate all things liberal, hate things that make you question your world views, think for a second this sounds like something that will make you spiral into a non-sensical rage, DO NOT CLICK EITHER LINK.

Otherwise enjoy, it is a very funny idea. :D

Real Commercials:

Full Episode:

• That would be funny if the general population already knew that information, but a rather large percentage of them don't. But hey, maybe everyone can learn something.

Don't get me wrong, I had a beat my head against a wall moment when Trump had to ask what the START treaty was when he was on the phone with Putin, but I don't understand what mocking the president does for uniting the country. Bueller??

Or then again, maybe I just have a shit sense of humor.

• It's not mocking when you know where he gets his info and try to help him out(maybe some mocking mixed in). ;) The show, totally mocking. Come on @sideseatdriver it's not funny when Bill O'Reilly mocks liberals, Jesse "Watters World" mocks liberals, The people on "The Five"...? I'm fortunate enough that I can find it all funny. :D

• It's not mocking when you know where he gets his info and try to help him out(maybe some mocking mixed in). ;) The show, totally mocking. Come on @sideseatdriver it's not funny when Bill O'Reilly mocks liberals, Jesse "Watters World" mocks liberals, The people on "The Five"...? I'm fortunate enough that I can find it all funny. :D

I agree @WOLF - if ya can't find the lighter side on both sides of the aisle it is gonna be a miserable 4 - 8 years for everybody!!

Honestly, no, I don't find most of that funny. There is a fine line between comedy and mocking. Colbert and John Stewart I found funny. I don't particularly enjoy anything from O'Reilly or much of the Fox talking heads crew. (In fact, the nation might be a better place if all of the talking heads were replaced by news that involves information from outside of our borders.) Then comes the question of where do you draw the line. At what point does disrespecting the office come into play? At what point does mocking the leader of our country do more harm than good, especially in the short attention span, high meme, low reading for facts world that we inhabit?

Yes, Trump sets himself up for them, and yes, sure, have your laughs. The world is laughing with you, at our president. At our nation. At everything I served to defend, and I am not okay with that. Trump now represents all of us whether you think he's your president or not, whether he looks like an idiot or not. Perhaps instead of mocking him, we should be contacting our legislatures to help him. Perhaps we should be petitioning our interest groups to sit down with him and educate him on our topics of import. Maybe we should be doing what we cam as a country to help keep him from failing instead of using him as the butt of a joke designed to be click-bait or an audio blurb for ratings. If he fails, so do we. It might behoove people to remember that.

So I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one, Wolf.