Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Old fashion is what's needed today...back when people would work for a living, kids had good manners, people were not all about #1, kids could read "long hand & tell time on a clock"...thank god I was raised in the pre-1960's...

I do agree that work ethic, respect and manners is needed more nowadays.

• Old fashion is what's needed today...back when people would work for a living, kids had good manners, people were not all about #1, kids could read "long hand & tell time on a clock"...thank god I was raised in the pre-1960's...

Not arguing, but have you ever heard any older person not say that? I just remember my dad shaking his head and saying the world has gone to hell in a handbasket in the 60's... I didn't even understand then what he meant.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Not arguing, but have you ever heard any older person not say that? I just remember my dad shaking his head and saying the world has gone to hell in a handbasket in the 60's... I didn't even understand then what he meant.

and he was right, but that doesnt mean we haven't fallen even further down the toilet in our own lifetimes. Humanity has been getting further and further from God everyday for a very very long time.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• and he was right, but that doesnt mean we haven't fallen even further down the toilet in our own lifetimes. Humanity has been getting further and further from God everyday for a very very long time.

I believe you missed my point... I cannot recall anyone that has been lucky enough to get older saying it is better now than when they grew up. I believe it is because what one knew (even though some of the harshness fades over time) is always thought of in a better light.. There were always (to use a military term) shit birds.. that didn't work (hobo's), tons of people who could not even read or write.. or remember the flappers in the 20's, beatnik's in the 50's, the baldies, and greasers were thought to be "losers" by the "older" generation...I remember when hippies were the dirge of the earth..

I am a member of the old phone company groups on FB and there is always talk about how great land lines were, how great the service was, and the like... Very few of us older folks think the new world tech is better... at least in regards to Telephonics.

Even back in the 1800's when people were still "godly" people said that the movement west is what ruined what they had... Anyway.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• When I graduated from law school my father was hardcore old school and the first thing he said was “well I guess you will start helping fuck things up like all the lawyers before you”. Not quite the congratulations I was looking for !! :00008172: We had many conversations about the law, politics and just everyday life over the years. Shortly before he passed in 2000 he told me that things had changed mostly for the better over his lifetime (79 years) and I don’t know if he had a crystal ball but said “son your are gonna see things in your lifetime that you would never believe that would happen”. To my point - if I could resurrect him and give him a little time to see what this country has become in a mere 24 years I firmly believe he would crawl back in his grave with his final words being “I knew you was gonna screw it up but I didn’t think you would sink the ship” 😂. Morality, patriotism, religion and just a general respect is on life support. Once those things are gone the ship is headed to the bottom.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• and he was right, but that doesnt mean we haven't fallen even further down the toilet in our own lifetimes. Humanity has been getting further and further from God everyday for a very very long time.

IMO god has nothing to do with respect, manners and ethics. That should be built in regardless of your religious beliefs, or lack of. Lack of parental support/supervision towards their children is a prominent reason many kids are on the wrong path. Which leads into lax laws, and punishments once on that wrong path. Vicious circle

• I am a member of the old phone company groups on FB and there is always talk about how great land lines were, how great the service was, and the like... Very few of us older folks think the new world tech is better... at least in regards to Telephonics.

Having spent over 15 years in the telecommunications industry, I've come to appreciate the reliability of old technologies like twisted pair copper. Even during power outages, they remained functional thanks to the central office switch powering the dial tone.

However, the advent of digital technology has brought about a slew of complications and reliability issues, particularly with IP-based telephony. The implementation of Least Cost Routing (LCR) has exacerbated problems with long-distance calling, necessitating a 10-digit requirement for all calls.

As a self-professed tech enthusiast who has worked in R&D for the Technology Integration team for more than 11 years, I've observed how technology has gradually and drastically transformed our world since the inception of the Internet. Unfortunately, not all changes have been for the better.

Given the current trajectory, it's clear that Blockchain is poised to become the next major disruptor, akin to the Internet. Its widespread adoption will fundamentally alter our online interactions. Furthermore, the proliferation of AI, while well-intentioned, poses its own set of challenges and risks, slowly but surely impacting our world in ways we may not fully comprehend yet.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• my wife and I are the only people we know who still maintain an old school land line, We like having a number to give to business that isn't our personal cell number, and we also like having an option that stays up even if cell service goes down - - - basically we just like having options

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• my wife and I are the only people we know who still maintain an old school land line, We like having a number to give to business that isn't our personal cell number, and we also like having an option that stays up even if cell service goes down - - - basically we just like having options

Up until a few days ago we had two landlines and two cell. In the beginning I had a line (personal/business) & my wife had a line... Years earlier I lost a business/personal in a devoice...wasn't going to let that happen again. Wife gave up her landline for cell line only. So we are down from 4 to 3.

• Well around here cell is up more often in a storm then land lines. All our lines are ran above ground and a wind storm drops a branch on them. Electric, fiber internet, and land line phones go down. Where the cell tower I use is located is a newer area and all line are buried.

If the music is to loud you are to old.