Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I also know that by my lumping all Sharia Law thumping Bastards into the same category as being all the same is the very definition of Bigotry...

Makes me a Bigot...Alright I'll wear that one.

2 Purple Hearts say I've Earned that right...

• Little history...

In September of 2005, on the first day of school, Martha Cothren, a History teacher at Robinson High School in Little Rock, did something not to be forgotten. On the first day of school, with the permission of the school superintendent, the principal and the building supervisor, she removed all of the desks in her classroom. When the first period kids entered the room they discovered that there were no desks.

'Ms. Cothren, where are our desks?'

She replied, 'You can't have a desk until you tell me how you earn the right to sit at a desk.'

They thought, 'Well, maybe it's our grades.' 'No,' she said.

'Maybe it's our behavior.' She told them, 'No, it's not even your behavior.'

And so, they came and went, the first period, second period, third period. Still no desks in the classroom. Kids called their parents to tell them what was happening and by early afternoon television news crews had started gathering at the school to report about this crazy teacher who had taken all the desks out of her room.

The final period of the day came and as the puzzled students found seats on the floor of the desk-less classroom. Martha Cothren said, 'Throughout the day no one has been able to tell me just what he or she has done to earn the right to sit at the desks that are ordinarily found in this classroom. Now I am going to tell you.'

At this point, Martha Cothren went over to the door of her classroom and opened it. Twenty-seven (27) U.S. Veterans, all in uniform, walked into that classroom, each one carrying a school desk. The Vets began placing the school desks in rows, and then they would walk over and stand alongside the wall. By the time the last soldier had set the final desk in place those kids started to understand, perhaps for the first time in their lives, just how the right to sit at those desks had been earned.

Martha said, 'You didn't earn the right to sit at these desks. These heroes did it for you. They placed the desks here for you. They went halfway around the world, giving up their education and interrupting their careers and families so you could have the freedom you have. Now, it's up to you to sit in them. It is your responsibility to learn, to be good students, to be good citizens. They paid the price so that you could have the freedom to get an education. Don't ever forget it.'

By the way, this is a true story. And this teacher was awarded the Veterans of Foreign Wars Teacher of the Year for the State of Arkansas in 2006. She is the daughter of a WWII POW.

Do you think this email is worth passing along so others won't forget either, that the freedoms we have in this great country were earned by our U.S. Veterans?... I did.

Let us always remember the men and women of our military and the rights they have won for us.

• We have a constitution or we don’t. We all know what the left is trying to do to the 2nd amendment.Now with social media they are trying to control what we can and can not say on a public site. All "for
    our own good” so that say. Can’t have people just speaking their minds! Geez!

This next election has HUGE consequences in the political and financial sectors I believe.

Has apathy set in?

Will we as a nation tighten the collar we have been fitted with?

Or will we cast off the leash and elect those that will re-establish the rights and freedoms that have been eroded “For our own
    good”?

Time and history will tell. Since the dawn of time not one nation has stood the test of time. All have come and gone. Unless we remember our roots and where we came from and the reason our nation started we will soon be batteries for the machine we allowed to control us.

I wonder if Facebook would flag me for this post? If not then there is still time.

If so… the ship has sailed.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Although WE, The Good Ol U.S. of A, have 'Freedom of Speech', there has never been 'Freedom' from the consequences of what was said...

Don't believe it, go to your local movie theater tonight and about halfway thru the flick, stand up and start screaming Fire!

Yes, u have the 'Freedom' to say it; But, You are not 'Free' from the repercussions of your actions...

Go out to a crowded gathering and instigate a commotion. Then throw bail for inciting a riot...

Another Example; All of us remember a time when threats against our government lead to arrests...

Drunks in bars. People getting flagged over the telephone for certain words or phrases, etc...

Just because one has the 'Right' to do something doesn't mean it should be done.

• Leah all true and valid points however, I was not advocating violence or unrest in anyway. My intent was speaking about the ballot box.

Yes, if I yell fire in a theater or insight a riot I have created and must accept the consequences from society because that’s not acceptable.

However, if we as a nation are to intellectually or physically, lazy or soft that we cannot entertain or hear opposing viewpoints, we are ripe to be controlled and will be.

Those that hold abhorrent and destructive view points will be ostracized and ignored in the public Square in a free society,

We must never muzzle anyone who has an opinion we may not appreciate like understand or want to hear. If that is what some are looking for there are many societies -governments available as we speak that are more than happy to help you achieve that lifestyle.

I believe you would find that on the vast majority of issues we are on the same page.

It is freedom of thought, and expression in a civil manner that I believe is being eroded. This is my concern.

To a large degree I believe critical, and deductive reasoning is seldom practiced, and in even fewer instances, taught.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Seems to me that the ability for people who disagree to sit down and intelligently discuss things and find compromise has been lost. Seems like these days people would rather silence those they disagree with before they would choose to work with them for a common good. And the really sad thing is that as humans we have much more in common with each other that we seem to want to admit - - even people on completely opposite ends of the political spectrum for the most part want and need the same things in life yet instead of focusing on our common needs and working together people would rather search out the small differences and fight about those.

As much as I don't like it I cant really say it suprises me. the concept of "divide & Conquer" has been around forever and this is how those in power keep their power - - God knows that if all the people on the left and the right ever actually sat down together and worked together we would discover very quickly that the problem is not our neighbor who happens to belong to the other political party. The problem is all the politicians on both sides who use everything they can find to keep us divided and fighting among ourselves.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I would never advocate for violence EVER —— BUT you cross my fence or creek without invitation - no matter your political opinion or affiliation I will perceive that as a personal threat to me or my bride and it will be the beginning of WW3 in my world !! I see upstanding citizens the government is supposed to protect being preyed on by criminal scum only to be released back in the streets to attack another. I have 2 speeds - slow and very slow but I find my trigger finger is still as good as it was when I was 18. CRIMINALS - fuck around and find out 😬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I would never advocate for violence EVER —— BUT you cross my fence or creek without invitation - no matter your political opinion or affiliation I will perceive that as a personal threat to me or my bride and it will be the beginning of WW3 in my world !! I see upstanding citizens the government is supposed to protect being preyed on by criminal scum only to be released back in the streets to attack another. I have 2 speeds - slow and very slow but I find my trigger finger is still as good as it was when I was 18. CRIMINALS - fuck around and find out 😬

I agree 100% - - I am a very non confrontational person, but there are lines you don't cross, come into my back yard without permission and you will get to meet 100+ pounds of GSD and if by some chance you manage to get past him and enter my home - - - we will be armed and ready to give you a proper greeting. With all of my heart I truly hope I never have actually use a gun to protect my family, but if you cross that line and threaten my family you can be the first to find out if I grabbed the magazine with the FMJ or the one with the Hydra shok - for the sake of my walls I personally hope its not the fmj, but mistakes can happen :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Longwood Gardens closes as search for convicted killer who escaped from Pennsylvania prison intensifies (msn.com)

Not far from my area. In fact, I took my wife to Longwood Gardens on our first date.

Longwood Gardens, located in Chester County, announced in a banner at the top of its website that the gardens are closed "until further notice" as the manhunt continues for Cavalcante, who is in the United States illegally. The closure of the more than 1,000 acres of manicured gardens and woodlands comes as the search for Cavalcante heads into its eighth day.

Over 400 personnel, massive overtime, constant helicopters/drones in use. massive loss of income from the gardens being shut down for over a week + and counting. Millions waisted.

This guy was a killer in Brazile. How did he get here? He then killed someone in the U.S. Think of the millions he has waisted! So, they`ll catch him most likely without a weapon (unless he stole one or has a contact to provide) take him into custody and he'll go to prison for the rest of his life wasting millions more of our tax dollars. Think of all the other even bigger plans in motion at this moment.

Terrible waste of human life and taxpayers' dollars for what? Welcome aboard, come to the U.S. but do it the right way.

• he just “immigrated” to the US in search of a better life - so what he kills an American citizen - we probably didn’t give the poor immigrant enough of our tax dollars and caused him to commit crimes to survive - if ya don’t believe me - just ask any Democrat :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it