Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• If you say so. By the way, the only "real" threat to my country as of this very moment is the one coming from the far left. If we were to objectively look at what is sinking and destroying western society in general, it is the doing of far left ideologies. The destruction of religion and the traditional family nucleus and values, feminism, race division, feminizing men and diminishing their importance to society and 50 others. In your country, you can literally end up in jail for "misgendering" someone (Bill C-16). That's how far left your country has become and will continue to. It's ok I guess, we are going in the same direction little by little, there are already some blue states working on that one. I know in Canada there is absolutely nothing you can do to defend yourselves against government tyranny and that's where we differ greatly. Although these last few years I have really questioned if we even deserve the 2nd amendment and if people even begin to understand the responsibility that we have as citizens, only time will tell but it's not looking too bright. The last generation of Americans that truly loved America is dying off one by one, I no longer think the West can be saved but I sure hope I am wrong, for the sake of our children I hope I am wrong.

your watching to much media, and what Jordan Petersons view is.

Bill C-16, is just a revision that add “gender identity and Gender expression” to the already worded discrimination of age, sex, religion, etc. Its part of our federal government. One provincial government, Northwest Territory, has had that wording in place since 2012, with others following suit going forward. Its just the Federal regulations that were outdated. So nothing will change here. Its life as usual. No one will be going to jail or punished for using a wrong pronoun, unless its incorporated into hate speech, which then is irrelevant as hate speech in general will get you in trouble.

Here is the wording.
    For all purposes of this Act, the prohibited grounds of discrimination are race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered. (Bill C-16, § 2, amending § 3(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act.)

so if your Catholic and I call you Christian can I go to jail?

Or if your married and I say your single-?

Or if your 25 and I say your 35?

NO. But add in hate speech and things change.

If you don’t like LGBTQ+ people in general, that for the most part IMO is a religious thing as it goes against your religious views. Nothing else. Or else you are just ignorant to the fact they are human beings also that want to live their life, their way.

Problem is when any group gets in your face and tried to become front and centre, people take a negative view of that group.

Some examples

- drag performances at schools. I am not sure why this is necessary and when this became a thing. This is portraying the LGBTQ community in a bad light. Why does this need to happen in a school? There have been drag performances (used to be called impersonators) going on forever. But never in schools until fairly recently. They are placing too much emphasis on identity trying to be publicly accepted. Kids don’t really have a choice in going to school (they shoukd be attending) This is a problem IMO.

- another example, pride parades. I have the choice to go or not, as does everyone else. I could not care less if there is a pride parade. It doesn’t impact me and I don’t go. This is a choice.

Its a natural reaction to not like something that goes against your religious views. And hence all the backlash against the LGBTQ community. BUT, if that community was more subtle in spreading the word instead of at school and in your dace media, there would not be as much outrage IMO.
    Many religions don’t like homosexuality in general, are against divorce, abortion, etc. There is not the same outrage and backlash as LGBTQ as its not in your face.

I can also say I have experience first hand with this in my family.

While I don’t understand it, and never will. Live your life as you see fit as long as it doesn’t impact mine (I have heard many say that here). Once it impacts my life there is an issue.

As for the tyrannical government uprising. Not happening here and never will. As for the US, maybe another civil war is in the works (at least by some perspectives), maybe not.

Like I have said many timed, anything left or right of hardline views are not acceptable to to the hardliners. Middle ground is the answer.

• In the end if you look at history EVERY Great Empire has fallen - - -none, not one has ever risen to greatness and then managed to stay there. Its human nature, once we become comfortable the priority of loyalty, work ethic and values that inspired people to built the Nation gets replaced. the values and morality get set aside and people think they can simply do what feels good and use what those who came before them built without putting in any effort of their own. It happens every time

I would love to think the United States of America could be different, but History tells me this is very unlikely to be true

On the bright side, I have been blessed to live my life on the upswing and to have actually seen the top of the mountain, I will always be thankful for that.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Gentlemen, one of the biggest donors to the democrat party:

https://youtube.com/shorts/QFaS_B1DiIk?feature=share

I can’t stand the SOB but accusing someone of being a Nazi is really low. This clip has been edited and the claim debunked - you are not the only one fooled by this claim…

https://www.reuters.com/articl…oros-claims-idUSKBN23P2XJ

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The First Amendment is first for a reason

The Second Amendment is there just incase the First does not work out

• Overheard at a behind closed door meeting of Congress

• Just some food for thought that all of the Trump fans might find encouraging - - After the Republicans tried to destroy Clinton by impeaching him purely for political gain his approval rating rose to 73%

Could something similar be in the cards for Donald Trump????

If anyone in the private sector did what clinton did, they would be fired. So don't tell me it was for political gain.

• There absolutely is a difference between Dem and Rep. Just today - I am on levelized billing for electricity which was $264 per month for electricity. I got a short but sweet text from Duke Energy telling me that it was going up from $264 to $385 per month. We haven’t changed our heating cooling habits except we had a new high efficiency heat pump installed to reduce energy consumption. The only explanation is Biden (Democrats) energy policies. Look out your door - crime skyrocketing, financial upheaval, world unrest - it was not that way under Rep rule. Don’t tell me they are one and the same please!!

Good thing you purchased a new High efficiency heat pump, or that power bill would have been through the roof. :00008356:

• There absolutely is a difference between Dem and Rep. Just today - I am on levelized billing for electricity which was $264 per month for electricity. I got a short but sweet text from Duke Energy telling me that it was going up from $264 to $385 per month. We haven’t changed our heating cooling habits except we had a new high efficiency heat pump installed to reduce energy consumption. The only explanation is Biden (Democrats) energy policies. Look out your door - crime skyrocketing, financial upheaval, world unrest - it was not that way under Rep rule. Don’t tell me they are one and the same please!!

were you heating with electricity before? Or oil or gas?

• If anyone in the private sector did what clinton did, they would be fired. So don't tell me it was for political gain.

so tell me what exactly did he do that would get. person fired from their job?

He was impeached on two articles of impeachment lying under oath and obstructionist justice both of which were based on lying about and denying a sexual relationship - - no job I know of in the private sector would even ask an employee about their sexual relationships and if they did and fired you they would be guaranteed to be sued!

It was 100% about trying to get him out of office and there is almost zero difference in what the democrats are now trying to do to Trump

• were you heating with electricity before? Or oil or gas?

All electric - have a gas fireplace for in case electricity goes out to keep from freezing our ass off. Only used it once in 2 years. As SlingSC so eloquently pointed out my shiny new $13k heat pump doesn’t seem to impress Duke Energy at all 😩 FU JOE BIDEN you green POS !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I can’t stand the SOB but accusing someone of being a Nazi is really low. This clip has been edited and the claim debunked - you are not the only one fooled by this claim…

https://www.reuters.com/articl…oros-claims-idUSKBN23P2XJ

Soros has always been anti-israel despite being "jewish" himself. I am not saying he is a nazi, what it is very clear is that he does not give one shit about his own people.

• Who determines what is hate speech? The people? The government? Lol. This is EXACTLY what was happening in Twitter before Elon took over. They had hate speech policies in place it just so happened republicans always ended up being ones to be silenced disproportionately more than left leaning users. Do you not really see the danger on this? Is it that hard to see its a powerplay directly from the soviets and Marxists? Allowing the government to determine what is good or bad speech? There is no such thing as hate speech, there can only be free speech. Anything else is already government tyranny. You dont like what someone says to you? Walk away. It really is as simple as that.

• so tell me what exactly did he do that would get. person fired from their job?

- no job I know of in the private sector would even ask an employee about their sexual relationships and if they did and fired you they would be guaranteed to be sued!

Please clarify, are you claiming that no executive in the private sector would be fired from their job if they engaged in a sexual relationship with a subordinate, lied about it in an official law enforcement deposition, threatened the subordinate and their family, then used their position in a attempt to cover it up, tamper with witnesses, and smear the subordinate in public ?

........shy-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• https://www.foxnews.com/world/…eful-reunification-taiwan

I have never believed much in boycotts but if Germany sided with China on Taiwan I will personally campaign to boycott BMW & Mercedes Benz !!! Let em see how many they sell in China alone!

Leading import countries for motor vehicles from Germany based on export value 2021. German car brands are known and exported the world over. China was the leading importer of motor vehicles from Germany, followed by the U.S. and UK. Leading importers in Europe include France, Italy and the Netherlands.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Who determines what is hate speech? The people? The government? Lol. This is EXACTLY what was happening in Twitter before Elon took over. They had hate speech policies in place it just so happened republicans always ended up being ones to be silenced disproportionately more than left leaning users. Do you not really see the danger on this? Is it that hard to see its a powerplay directly from the soviets and Marxists? Allowing the government to determine what is good or bad speech? There is no such thing as hate speech, there can only be free speech. Anything else is already government tyranny. You dont like what someone says to you? Walk away. It really is as simple as that.

so its ok to have free speech when it suits you but when you don’t like it, you ban it, and punish the ones that disagree with your views. Can you say hypocritical. That is what is wrong with the many in the GOP. A skewed view of reality.