Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• And I am not horribly picky at this point in time - - Seriously if someone would run who was not divisive and could potentially bring people together that would be enough to get my vote. Unfortunately it seems like the only people who are actually willing to run want to run on the platform that anyone who is not on their side is the enemy and I just cant get behind that anymore. personally I think its actually destroying this country.

Oh well - - I guess I will just let other swim this muck. just cant do it anymore ;(

Seems to me your point is that if you can't agree completely with someone then they don't deserve your vote.

Isn't that kind of absolutism exactly what you are complaining about.

But I get it. Libertarians believe you can win by sitting in the bleachers ...........

........... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• sorry, but I dont consider voting for the better of two evils winning. to me if every one running is shit then its literally impossible to "win" - no matter who you vote for you still end up with shit - and even if its less shit - its still shit

And yes I would rather sit on the sidelines and not vote at all than to vote for shit

Seriously how can we ever expect to get decent people running for office when we just keep accepting whoever they give us? there is absolutely zero incentive for the parties to give us anyone better because they know we will vote for them even if they are shit.

oh and your absolutely wrong about me needing to agree with someone completely - I don't require that - as I said above I simply want someone who wants to bring all people on both sides of the isle together, someone who will talk and reason with those who might disagree and logically explain his/her reasons in a way that does not alienate half of the damn population

Frankly at this point I am just sick and tired of a political system that treats those who do happen to disagree like they are either A: stupid or B; the enemy who must be silenced

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Edward Neal is this

33 Democrats cross the aisle to overturn DC crime law

Senate Democrats, under pressure to respond to attacks that they are soft on crime, crossed the aisle Wednesday and voted with Republicans to shut down “woke” reforms to Washington D.C.’s criminal code.

The rare bi-partisan rebuke marks the first time in 30 years that Congress has sought to override “home rule” in the nation’s capital.

33 Democrats joined all Senate Republicans in voting to reverse the reforms, which were approved by the D.C. city council over the objections of the Democratic mayor Muriel Bowser.

The reforms lowered penalties for serious offenses like carjacking, which have plagued cities like D.C. since a crime surge began in 2020.

Democrats overturn crime reform

The vote presented a challenge for Democrats, who nominally support local autonomy in D.C. and eventual statehood for the city.

When the House voted on the issue last month, Democrats overwhelmingly sided with the city. But the herd-like Democratic caucus shifted direction after President Biden signaled that he would not veto a Republican resolution overriding the city council.

Biden’s move produced angry noises on the left, but most Dems fell in line, including Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and three senators who are facing re-election in Trump-friendly states in 2024, Joe Manchin (WV). Jon Tester (MT), and Sherrod Brown (OH).

Only 14 Democratic senators, including whip Dick Durbin (IL), Bernie Sanders (who caucuses with Dems despite being “independent”), and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) voted to preserve the city’s reforms.

“These are sensible proposals to update a criminal justice code that hasn’t been changed since 1901. And the changes are in line with the majority of states around this country,” Warren said.

Off the hook?

There have already been 101 carjackings in the city this year, and murders have soared 33 percent compared to last year, when homicides were already near their highest rate in 20 years.

Some Democrats who voted with the city, like Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD), say Democrats fell into a “trap” laid for them by the GOP. But Democrats like Tammy Baldwin (WI) were clearly sensitive to the risk of validating Republican attacks that Democrats are against law and order.

“I do support D.C. statehood, and yet they are not yet a state and we do have those oversight responsibilities,” Baldwin said. “And the highest calling of a representative is to keep their constituents safe.”

Republicans like Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) are warning that Democrats aren’t “off the hook” with one vote.

“The Democrats’ flip-flop is good news for the residents of D.C. and the 300-plus-million Americans who deserve to be able to visit their nation’s capital in peace. But Democrats are not getting off the hook this easy,” McConnell said.

what you are looking for?

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• :00008172:

you guys won't believe this, I still have my security clearance:00008084:

I just checked out a site called Tripwire, it's part of DHS and NSA. The stuff going on in this country would scare the shit out of you, but no one will ever know. A small example is 13 explosive devices were discovered at different places throughout the US in a 48-hour period. For me, this is nothing new, and we would just deal with them. It's been happening for years now. This shit is real, but people would go into full blown meltdown if it went public. If you think the economy is bad now, just think what would happen if everyone knew about this stuff. I may have said too much already but at this point, I'm like Walter,....

Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh I don't give a damn - walter the puppet | Meme ...

• :00008172:

you guys won't believe this, I still have my security clearance:00008084:

I just checked out a site called Tripwire, it's part of DHS and NSA. The stuff going on in this country would scare the shit out of you, but no one will ever know. A small example is 13 explosive devices were discovered at different places throughout the US in a 48-hour period. For me, this is nothing new, and we would just deal with them. It's been happening for years now. This shit is real, but people would go into full blown meltdown if it went public. If you think the economy is bad now, just think what would happen if everyone knew about this stuff. I may have said too much already but at this point, I'm like Walter,....

The average person would go curl up in the basement if they knew half the crap that goes on daily. I believe the quote that fits here is "you can't handle the truth".

• Thank You Personally I would like to know all of what is going on.

• Unfortunately I wasn't here at the time...but even my dumass could read between the writing on the lines beside the wall...

Want to give us a map of where the stash is hidden? I'm going to need lots of cash for gas this summer. Bring some extra to Maggie Valley when you come.

• I seen a list but I can't seam to find it now but the top three, the CEO and the two under him sold thousands of shares. I believe the stock was like $256 a share and the stock dropped 60%. I will see if I can find it but I have slept several time since I seen it.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I have bank accounts in 3 banks and 2 credit unions for the past 10 years. pain in the ass but I don't have to worry about failures.

You trust those banks the way things are going? 3 banks actually make it worse. Would be wiser to have most of the cash in gold or silver or actual cash on hand in case shit goes south. What exactly do you plan on doing in case of a real emergency? In case of a sudden war or catastrophe you truly believe banks will be your friend?

If a nuclear war was to go down tomorrow you would have NO time to withdraw your money. You need your money in hand, at least 30,000 rounds of ammo at the minimum, good arsenal of weapons for you and the family and of course you need a good 6 months worth of food stored.