Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Edward Neal - just for the sake of the discussion - who in this big ole USA could garner enough votes bringing this amazingly divided country together to do anything more than split the vote giving a Republican or Democrat the win that they shouldn’t . Seems to me like a futile attempt to dismantle a corrupt process - a lofty goal yet unattainable!!!

Changing the system will not be easy, and I have no doubt that those of us who try are doomed to face many disappointments and failures, but as sad and disappointing as that might be the one thing I know that is 100% guaranteed. if we don't try then we loose before we start.

Seriously think about what people here are saying - - "dont try because it may never work and it will be very hard" - - that's pretty much it right?

Imagine if that's what we taught our kids? - - "don't go to law school, it's going to be hard and you might stumble and fall" - - Really?

Also in the past I probably would not have wanted to split the vote and risk give the election to the Democrats, but now I really don't care, right now I honestly dont think the Republicans are any better than the Democrats - from what I have been seeing in our political system they all look the same, none of them give a shit about me and my family, they want my vote, but after they get it nothing changes - they sit up there in DC and dont do shit. I am 100% serious - every damn one them has been bought and sold, and the only difference I can see is who bought them - and I can guarantee it wasn't you or me

To me this is the lie that keeps voters on both sides locked into voting party politics - the idea that there is a difference, that one party is better or actually cares about the people - - - - and I just don't see it anymore.

As a side note I would like you to consider this - I think one of the things that throughout our history has set America above the rest of the world has always been our willingness to set lofty goals that everyone thought were unattainable and then despite the naysayers we did it anyway - - that's what makes us great - - that's how we managed to put men on the moon with technology that was archaic by todays standards - impossible, unattainable, never going to happen, but on July 16, 1969 despite all of the people who thought it was impossible the entire world was glued to their TV's watching Americans do the impossible.

Our political system has gone to hell but, God I pray that we haven't also lost our willingness as a people to push the envelope and do the things others think can't be done - -please God not that!

Anyway - others can do what they want, but I'm going to vote my heart, I'm going to vote for whoever shares my views and who I think will try to bring the people back together - and if none of the candidates I am given to choose from fit this bill then I will pass and not vote for the office - and I may end up with allot of blank boxes on my ballot, but that's okay - I'm not going to be their lemming anymore and I not going to let anyone tell me it can't be done - period!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• As one last thought before I excuse my self from this subject - - I really get confused by people who were / are Trump supporters who say they support the Republican Party

I just don't understand how anyone can stand by the Party that has been complicit in trying to bring Trump down

I just don't get it

Because the Republicans are the largest party on the right, Trump is all about BIG. He couldn't win if he was an independent, and he is all about winning.

Party lines on both sides are too divisive within their own party. No unity at all.

Unfortunately due to 2 parties being the "go to" votes, they have done the best at securing the largest group of voters. It alway flip flops between them, the deciding votes could actually be how many they don't get due to others voting for the smaller parties.

Same up her for some of most parties. Very divisive within their own party. Hate to say it but even though our left is in power, they seem like the least divisive internally.

We had a smaller further left party in our provincial election years back get in power as people were fed up with the big 2 (main left and main right). It was a mess, so everyone went back to the big 2 after that. Not to say that it's not worth trying, but the larger fan base usually wins.

2018 SLR

Edited 2 times, last by Sparcky ().

• We needed Trump to show how BIASED and corrupt the media and Washington is. You say he did an OK job. I say he did a great job compared to the current and previous dem administration's. Do I like his personality no. Do I like Bidens personality hell no!

But Trump is not a real Republican and he never was and whats worse is that despite his effectiveness in office a good number of those high up in the Republican Party have done everything they can to help make sure Trump can't run again.

Right now I dont see how it is even possible to support Trump and also support a party that with very few exceptions has done nothing to stand behind Trump

• We needed Trump to show how BIASED and corrupt the media and Washington is. You say he did an OK job. I say he did a great job compared to the current and previous dem administration's. Do I like his personality no. Do I like Bidens personality hell no!

Bro, I beg to differ with that statement... We all knew that the media is biased long before Trump.

It is funny how things work... The right says the media is biased towards the left and the left says just the opposite or that it is not biased.

As far as the job Trump did, he did do an ok job.. there was in my opinion nothing that he did that was great so that is why he again in my opinion warranted an ok rating. He was no better or worse than Dubya.... If one isn't sided or as I like to say color blind, Obummer did some good and some bad which to me gives him an ok as well. The current guy I cannot really rate because I do not feel he is the one running the show... but whom ever is running the show is doing a horrible job.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• My wife has been watching the Netflix show The Crown and as I watch it with her I have found myself wondering how a people of a country, in fact several countries, can be so controlled that they just keep marching on in life year after year after year worshiping people and bowing to them as if they are gods simply because that's the way it has always been - - In one of the episodes a very young Elisabeth even asks the head of the church why she should be treated that way and he tells her its because he's going to anointed her with oil in the name of God - - - - Think about that, for hundreds and hundreds of years an entire civilization bowing and worshiping "kings" & "queens" simply because they are told that's the way it has always been and because some guy anointed them they are superior to everyone else - Really?

Now I wonder if this is where we as a nation are doomed to follow? - - Worshiping our two parties because this is the way its always been, Afraid to vote outside the two party system for fear "your vote wont count" or being laughed at by others if you dare to do so.

Seriously seems to me that we, the American people have been brainwashed into worshiping a system just like all of those people in the UK have been brainwashed into kneeling for some slob like Charles and kissing his ring

What really adds to the mystery for me is the fact that this country had a revolution to get away from the monarch and the fact that we didnt feel they actually represented us as a people, yet now here we are with the replacement system we installed in place of the monarch and from where I stand I dont see anyone in this government who truly represents me - - yet for the most part Americans seem willing to keep bowing down to the same old two party system consigned to the idea the "its just the way it is" and trying to change it is a waste of time.

Normally I would say that I am really glad that out forefathers, the founders of the revolution didnt feel this way, but looking around and listening to what I'm being told it seems that we have gone back to being perfectly happy being ruled by a government that doesn't represent us

;(

• I'm upper right corner - - - where do you want to be?

• You should have gone BIG.....

Then there are the TRUMPETS.

Point being, they are both similar. But if I had to chose one, I want my ass covered<X<X. Dems or Repubs, both from the same cloth, just on different sides of it. Pick who best suits you, not what everyone else picks, just as Edward states.

• I have been on this planet for over 68 years and I have been political for over 50 of those years with all of those 50 years except the last few being a dedicated Republican

looking back over all of that time and through all of the administrations both Democrat & Republican that have come and gone I can honestly say that not a single one of them actually increased my personal freedoms and liberties. Under every single one of them those liberties and freedoms have been reduced - some took more than others but every damn one took more than they gave.

Think about it, we don't even have freedom of speech anymore. What started out as a guarantee of being able to say what wasn't popular or politically correct has been flipped into the exact opposite - you can say it only if we like it and if we don't like it we will destroy your life!

Frankly my one time love and interest in politics is gone, these days I find the entire mess to be down right depressing and listening to many of you here just makes it seem all the more hopeless.

Anyhoo - love you all. hope you are happier with this mess than I am

<3<3

• Tulsi Gabbard leaves Democrat Party

"I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism," Gabbard said in an excerpt posted to Twitter.

Justin time for November? Coincidence? Na!🙃

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I just want to be left alone….

and that would also be upper right

• Biden's dementia so advanced that he believes his son Beau died in Iraq!

Seriously how does a parent not remember the exact specifics of the death of a child unless that parent has major issues?

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I'm upper right corner - - - where do you want to be?

I see a puzzle with chopped up hamburger, confusion, arrows, and lines of splitting hair junk! I want to be right where I am today because although I'm older I had the opportunity to grew up in a time when people respected America, elders, the flag, law & law enforcement, fun, the joy of childhood, firefighters, muscle cars, motorcycles and life. This administration has crushed childhood.