Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Unfortunately some people who survived the original covid were fired for not getting the vaccine which we now know they didn't need. I personally know someone being processed out of the Air Force for not getting the vaccine. He has a positive covid test and antibody test from being infected.

This is unfortunate - but when you decide to join the military you agree to follow orders and even back in the 70's when my friends were getting drafted getting vaccinated to protect yourself ant others was a part of the process. - - private sector is a completely different matter, but in the military you do what you are told or you pay the price

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• This is unfortunate - but when you decide to join the military you agree to follow orders and even back in the 70's when my friends were getting drafted getting vaccinated to protect yourself ant others was a part of the process. - - private sector is a completely different matter, but in the military you do what you are told or you pay the price

Yup... that is true...

https://www.politico.com/news/…oops-covid-vaccine-526266

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I have known many military personnel who joined and discovered the military life was not in their liking (to put it mildly). However, the deterrent of a dishonorable or less than honorable discharge seemed to be a fairly good deterrent. I was curious to see how the military was going to handle this situation and I wonder how it may be handled in terms down the road if someone refuses to get a booster?

"The fiscal 2022 National Defense Authorization Act, which President Joe Biden signed into law Monday, dictates that the military services cannot dishonorably discharge members for vaccine refusal. The discharges must be either honorable or general under honorable conditions."

• This is unfortunate - but when you decide to join the military you agree to follow orders and even back in the 70's when my friends were getting drafted getting vaccinated to protect yourself ant others was a part of the process. - - private sector is a completely different matter, but in the military you do what you are told or you pay the price

You dont agree to follow orders per say, you do however take an oath to always UPHOLD the constitution which apparently many top military serviceman have forgotten about

• You dont agree to follow orders per say, you do however take an oath to always UPHOLD the constitution which apparently many top military serviceman have forgotten about

well - I didnt say they took an oath - I said "you agree to follow orders"

Buy hey - I would bet some may actually choose to not get vaccinated because they can now use it as a way to back out of their commitment without getting dishonorably discharged

• A friend sent me this today - if this isn’t beginning to stink to high heaven I don’t know what would !!

Bill Martin

actually from what I can find searching this looks like it is being twisted to look like something different from what really happened - this is what I am finding

He worked as a federal prosecutor until Jan. 1, 2008, when a day later he became a defense attorney representing employees of Epstein, according to a 2018 story by the Miami Herald. According to the Herald, the employees included pilots for Epstein, his scheduler and a woman who had been described by some of Epstein’s victims as his sex slave

that last one he represented was aparently one of Epstein's victims and a sex slave

like all of these things it sounds like this is being twisted against this Judge when in fact he was representing the people Epstein hurt and not Epstein himself

• Six weeks ago this Magistrate recused himself from a suit filed by President Trump that involves the Clinton's stating he couldn't be fair due to his publicly known bias against Trump. however he signed the warrant. He is also on Biden's short list for a Federal Appeals Court seat.

So yes and no.

...... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Golly Jeepers!!! Who’d a thunk THAT would ever:/

• One thing that should hold true in any position of authority is if any appearance of favoritism or bias could possibly be perceived than don't. No question the DOJ and judge knew this. Yet, they chose to move forward with this specific judge as opposed to any other judge. Speeks volumes.

• You dont agree to follow orders per say, you do however take an oath to always UPHOLD the constitution which apparently many top military serviceman have forgotten about

Here is the oath of enlistment....

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

• Here is the oath of enlistment....

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Violating a Military Order

Members of the military are required to obey lawful orders and regulations that are issued. Failure to obey a military order can have serious consequences. If you are convicted your future in the military will be over. It is important to understand when you can face military charges before a court martial for disobeying an order or regulation. If you have been charged with disobeying a military order do not hesitate to contact the San Diego Military Defense Attorneys.

• Refusal to follow a lawful order is called insubordination - - - and it can get a military person in deep trouble

I really don't even understand why anyone would question this - - does anyone actually believe that in the military you get to pick and choose which orders you want to follow???

• A great day example - I’m sure most folks have seen the Border Patrol open the locked gate and allow illegal migrants in. He broke the law!! BUT - he swore an oath and was following a direct order to open the gate I am quite sure. I must agree with Edward Neal that anybody that swore the oath has to follow the order - right or stupid !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• A great day example - I’m sure most folks have seen the Border Patrol open the locked gate and allow illegal migrants in. He broke the law!! BUT - he swore an oath and was following a direct order to open the gate I am quite sure. I must agree with Edward Neal that anybody that swore the oath has to follow the order - right or stupid !!

You can (or could ) lose 2 weeks pay just for falling asleep drunk on the beach and getting a sunburn during weekend leave and be threatened with charges for refusing to get your wisdom teeth pulled as a preventative measure (the Army dentist was an officer) but get away with it by being deployed.

DAMHIK ........ grin-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

The oath that the Border Patrol as a Federal Law Enforcement person takes is more in line with that of an officers oath and does not mention following orders. The oath of enlistment refers to enlisted personnel. I get what you are saying though....

As was pointed out, it has to be a lawful regulation or order.

The Border Parol oath is: (I believe it is called the Uniform Services Oath)

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

• So - are you suggesting the order given to military to get vaccinated was not a lawful order?

And if so then why are military personal being discharged for not getting vaccinated?

DOD says order to get COVID vaccine is a lawful order

"It is a lawful order," Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby said today. "It is a valid military requirement to get the vaccine. And it does apply, as we've said before, to members of the National Guard."