Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• It amazes me that you actually might believe what you write here... In my whole life I cannot remember any projection of the Govt. actually saving money coming true....

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/56073

You are most like not nearly amazed as I am in the ignorance displayed in this thread by all you trumpsters. It proves how easily a group of people can be brainwashed and deceived.

• You are most like not nearly amazed as I am in the ignorance displayed in this thread by all you trumpsters. It proves how easily a group of people can be brainwashed and deceived.

Look in the mirror - will see you on the other side - maybe.

Judging a group of people (more than once) - shows your education level.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• I’m only one cup of coffee in this morning but this strikes me as brilliant! I think Donald Trump, as always is 10 steps ahead of his competition and in this instance he’s crazy like a fox.

The FBI showed up multiple times at his home in Florida to make sure the documents were secured and even had him put extra locks on the door to make sure. In his statement today he said those documents contained information about how is adversaries came against him.

Is it possible Donald Trump laid breadcrumbs all the way to his home, the FBI followed, created the stir and this is a backdoor way for Trump to get all of these documents released and in the public eye?

Ask yourself, why was the FBI so focused worried and energized to make sure that these documents were secure? Those few boxes must have contained some rather Interesting information. Donald Trump could not arbitrarily release those documents but now it appears that they can be. Again- crazy like a fox!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• and those shitbag doctors, construction workers and slingshot owners are financially liable for their actions and don’t get to hide behind qualified immunity.
    Up until they do the shooting, would you argue for those 38 shooters to own and carry their gun? Just wondering.

Yes, I think anyone has the right to carry and defend themselves. Guess what, all of them had previous gun crimes and some sappy ass judge let them back on the streets

• You are most like not nearly amazed as I am in the ignorance displayed in this thread by all you trumpsters. It proves how easily a group of people can be brainwashed and deceived.

As usual... you make assumptions of people.... but that is what it seems like lefties do when they are presented with real facts... deflect...

Speaking of Brainwashed..... Mirror

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Says the guy who has no issues with a former Epstein lawyer approving the Trump raid, nor does he care that Biden's DOJ has kept Epstein's client list under wraps....

I don't think "brainwashed and deceived" means what you think it means. One thing for "trumpers" pedophiles aren't our allies, they are yours.

• Damn, it’s so easy to get all these snowflake trumpsters triggered!🤣 How dare someone say something to disparage their orange god!🤣 I have to admit it’s really not fair. It’s kinda like shooting deer that has been tied to a tree for you. 🤣

• Damn, it’s so easy to get all these snowflake trumpsters triggered!🤣 How dare someone say something to disparage their orange god!🤣 I have to admit it’s really not fair. It’s kinda like shooting deer that has been tied to a tree for you. 🤣

Who's triggered?

Are you deflecting because I hit a bit close to home?

I care less about "disparaging an orange god" then I care about how willingly people are to align themselves with absolute evil because they hate the same thing and not question themselves.

I am concerned about people willing to align themselves with those that want to change "pedophile" to "minor attracted persons" because they hate the same thing and STILL not question themselves.

I am concerned about people that see this country breaking down all around them and think "at least the orange god is not in charge" and cannot process that things went IMMEDIATELY downhill once the benevolent blue pedophile was put in charge, or find it preferable.

The only thing I hate as much as you hate Trump are pedos, which apparently you (and many other democrats) find less reprehensible than Trump.

I can rant about the mistakes Trump has made for days... but thankfully I can't call kiddie touchers my allies.

• That’s a projected 50% in 10 years return on the investment. Plus it’s creating jobs. Also, that $80B won’t be just salaries. There will be offices, transportation and all the other expenses related to operations, that creates more jobs. Business accounting wasn’t your major, I see.

Since you are a master at business accounting...

Your Govt says the average wage of a IRS employee is 76233 per year... Ok even before liberal math that works out to just over 66 billion dollars for 87000 new employees for 10 years... Now knowing the Govt like businesses provide healthcare and the average amount spent on health care per employee is For state and government workers, the average cost for employers paying employee benefits equals $19.82 per hour in addition to their salary or about 38400 per employee (I rounded that figure to 20.00)... which for over a 10 year period for 87000 new employees equals about 33.4 billion.... so just for wages we are over 99 billion.... out of an 80 billion budget...

Not sure if even modern democratic numbers can fix this... but present it to the simple minded as a savings and they will fall for the Govt take every time.

For reference on the benefits info... https://www.zenefits.com/worke…ployee-benefits-packages/

For reference on wages: https://www.payscale.com/resea…enue_Service_(IRS)/Salary

Edited once, last by billythekidd ().

• The bill does not say 87,000 additional IRS agents will be hired. There will be additional new hires but not 87,000. Over the 10 year period, there will be personnel retiring or just moving on to some other new job somewhere else. There will be support staff (IT, janitors,…) added. Just because Keven McCarthy might say something doesn’t make it a fact. Please, feel free to show where the bill says there will be an additional 87,000 agents added though.

Sling but if you look closely, Why is Trump still on YOUR head living for free after almost 3 years? Was the trauma really that bad or libs really cant stand the fact of a 2024 run 🤣😂🤣😂

• Sling but if you look closely, Why is Trump still on YOUR head living for free after almost 3 years? Was the trauma really that bad or libs really cant stand the fact of a 2024 run 🤣😂🤣😂

Maybe, it’s the crimes that comes to light, almost daily, that this creature has committed. Or maybe it’s him taking money from the 911 backers, the Saudis. The list could go on. But mostly, slamming him seems to get under the skin of you disciples. 😉

• What gets me is that no one has brought up the point that someone thinks there is so much fraud in the tax forms to pay for this increase in IRS agents and to bring in monies in excess of the cost of these agents!

YLM. Your Life Matters

• The bill does not say 87,000 additional IRS agents will be hired. There will be additional new hires but not 87,000. Over the 10 year period, there will be personnel retiring or just moving on to some other new job somewhere else. There will be support staff (IT, janitors,…) added. Just because Keven McCarthy might say something doesn’t make it a fact. Please, feel free to show where the bill says there will be an additional 87,000 agents added though.

Apparently reading wasn't you major either... No where did I say Agents, I said employees.... Please respond with only relevant answers and do not put words into replies that were never there.

Here is the Govt. take on that... believe what one wants to.... again it goes to your brainwashed statement.. Just a question, hiring 87000 per the government treasury dept report would not be new positions... Is it a "hire" if it is not new or just a transfer.... typical govt double talk.

So using your convoluted explanation of what will happen... 80 billion divided by 10 is 8 billion a year... The 76000 IRS average is just that an Average (as you stated so profoundly business accounting must not be your major). So as in the past, the "Inflation Reduction Act" which has really nothing to do with reducing inflation is just another nicely worded govt spending program.

The Inflation Reduction Act, a landmark climate, health care and tax package that passed the Senate on Sunday and is expected to head to Biden’s desk after the House approves it on Friday, includes roughly $78 billion for the IRS to be phased in over 10 years. A Treasury Department report from May 2021 estimated that such an investment would enable the agency to hire roughly 87,000 employees by 2031. But most of those hires would not be Internal Revenue agents, and wouldn’t be new positions.

Maybe you should check out really what the IRA (Inflation Reduction Act) is really about... and please don't give the usual lefty TLDR....

To claim the Inflation Reduction Act will, on its own, transform the economy would be foolish. The Congressional Budget Office estimatesthat the proposal will change the inflation rate by less than one tenth of a percent over the next two years, and that’s in either direction. Even economists more sanguine about the bill’s effects believe its impact will mostly be felt further into the future. Similarly, the reduction to the deficit, whether the $300 billion over the next decade its drafters promise or the just over $102 billion the CBO expects, adds up to little in the grand scheme of trillions in national debt.

The macroeconomics of the bill, in the end, are less interesting than its policy particulars: in prescription drug pricing, health care, climate and taxes. In all of these areas, the Inflation Reduction Act makes impressive improvements on the old status quo. And in all of them, the new status quo still isn’t satisfactory.

The most important parts of the pharmaceutical reform, such as allowing Medicare to directly negotiate the prices of certain medicines and placing a $2,000 per year cap on out-of-pocket costs for prescription drugs, won’t kick in for years. That leaves reason to worry that a more conservative Congress might snatch back this crucial change. On health care, the extension of pandemic-era subsidies to help people afford Affordable Care Act plans merits celebration — but the failure to close the Medicaid coverage gap means the most vulnerable will get the least help.

Climate involves a similar story. The legislation will purportedly contribute to lowering the United States’s greenhouse gas emissions by about 40 percent below their 2005 peak within 10 years. But whether the bill can really prompt so dramatic a change depends on how fast consumers really switch to clean-energy options, as well whether regulatory, logistical and political obstacles get in projects’ way. An agreement to boost oil and gas leasing that sweetened the pot for swing-voting Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) also sours the outlook for the transition away from fossil fuels.

Then there are the proposal’s tax revisions, which moved further from ideal in the last days of negotiations — this time, largely to please potential holdout Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.). Rules to narrow the carried-interest loophole, which enriches hedge-fund managers by taxing their income from investment profits at a too-low rate, are no more. The 15 percent corporate minimum was chipped away at last week, and then again this weekend, most recently to resolve purported concerns from small businesses that experts believe were ill-founded.