Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• its not a difference between US and Canada, its a difference between thinking irrationally that you will overthrow your government because you don’t like what they are doing, and being practical.

Go ahead, start an actual rebellion against the government, see how far you get. The government has bigger and better weapons than you. Just more dead is all that would be accomplished. Too much hot air in the room. Need some AC in in here.

I don't know about you Canucks... but having served in the US Military (Marine Corps) to be specific, It would be very hard pressed for me to see an American military member shoot another American because someone in Washington said to....

I am sure the Government could purchase support from groups that already promote violence, gangs and such but not many here would support the government trying to suppress an uprising as it were.

I personally hope it never comes to anything like this, because as you say there would be a bunch of death because of the current shit show we here call society.

Anyways... Take off.... :) :)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• ER…UH…. You ever heard of a little battle back in 1775 when the 13 colonies took on the entire British Empire…and kicked their ass forming the United States of America ?? Never underestimate what people can achieve in their fight for freedom !!!

Past history. Would not and could not happen now. Its a pipe dream in this day and age

• totally get that, but as a past member of the US military, it should also then be difficult for you to see Americans shooting other Americans in trying to overthrow a government that was elected by the people, and that you served for.

here in Canada we don’t have that worry on a large scale like the US due to our lower quantity of legal gun ownership compared to the US. I can guarantee you when the majority of the population in Canada think legal gun ownership, its actually rifles, not handguns. Handguns up here are for sport shooting and criminals. And only due to the news does the term assault weapons come into their vocabulary. Otherwise it would be shotguns, 22, etc, hunting rifles.
    We are a different society when it comes to these situations. Our “freedom” groups use trucks…lol. Block stuff, create traffic jams in the downtown areas…lol.

Its all hot air IMO. People venting. Sure small splinter groups may take it further, but it won’t be an actual rebellion that they hope for.

But one thing for sure, more deaths will occur if extreme views keep being communicated by each side

Thanks Eh:thumbsup:

• totally get that, but as a past member of the US military, it should also then be difficult for you to see Americans shooting others in trying to overthrow a government that was elected by the people, and that you served for.

Its all hot air IMO. People venting. Sure small splinter groups may take it further, but it won’t be an actual rebellion that they hope for. But one thing for sure, more deaths will occur if the extreme views keep being present.

I can see civil war breaking out here way before a government rebellion. If both sides don’t begin to tone down the rhetoric and try to agree neither side is going to get everything they want - I can certainly see violence erupting between right vs left. I will say if that happens — if the best thing the left can put up is ANTIFA - it will be a short war!! 😬😬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• totally get that, but as a past member of the US military, it should also then be difficult for you to see Americans shooting others in trying to overthrow a government that was elected by the people, and that you served for.

Its all hot air IMO. People venting. Sure small splinter groups may take it further, but it won’t be an actual rebellion that they hope for. But one thing for sure, more deaths will occur if the extreme views keep being present.

Hey man, I don't know if you understand we southerners as it were but in the military we take an oath to protect the CONSTITUTION from enemies foreign and domestic... If you know much about us the GOVERNMENT is not the Constitution and because of the way our political system is the Government is always trying to shit on what the constitution represents and actually is.

I have seen you ask why base current thought on a 200 year old document... I would say that the current thought is no different that the old thought, but We the People want to believe that what we now "know" those old guys couldn't possibly understand...

In my opinion there is really not much original thought today... It is all taken from the past and modeled to sound like something new. One of the best speeches I have heard in my life time that describes us here was from a Movie "The American President"... if one can read this without red and blue influence it really does describe America...

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours." You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms.

Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.

We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you Bob Rumson (the opposing candidate in the movie) is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things, and two things only: making you afraid of it, and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle age, middle class, middle income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family, and American values and character...

Anyways... I am gonna turn on the AC

• 6D797CB7-5149-4D11-AA6A-F5A7ED56EC0E.jpeg

• Step one, train the people only to consume

Step two, infiltrate adults with the news

Step three, indoctrinate the children through the schools

And the music and the apps on the phones that they use

Step four, separate the right from the left

Step five, separate the white from the black

Step six, separate the rich from the poor

Use religion and equality to separate 'em more

Step seven, fabricate a problem made of lies

Step eight, put it on the news every night

Step nine, when people start to fight and divide

Take control, this is called situational design

~ Tom MacDonald

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Somebody from Canada that I'll listen to, he actually makes sense sometimes.

• I notice that almost all your posts come from a UK gossip rag, not reliable news sources. You might as well use the National Enquirer, or even The Onion. :00008172::00008172:

Do your research. The Dailymail has been by FAR one of the best "relatively" neutral papers in actually reporting real news from both sides of the aisle. They also have an actual reputation and not just a "gossip" rag like you claim. Shows how completely disconnected you are from all this.

• I have posted this before... the whole song is really good...

• Do your research. The Dailymail has been by FAR one of the best "relatively" neutral papers in actually reporting real news from both sides of the aisle. They also have an actual reputation and not just a "gossip" rag like you claim. Shows how completely disconnected you are from all this.

Or just do a search for Daily Mail reviews and the first few that show up are all bad. Definitely not a well like site, except maybe by you.

• Or just do a search for Daily Mail reviews and the first few that show up are all bad. Definitely not a well like site, except maybe by you.

The Daily Mail is considered Great Britain most right leaning publication so of course it gets trashed ......

....... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• If that is not proof that our President and VP are surrounded by idiots - you would think as incompetent as Biden/Harris are they would at least have competent people to know how to spell a state they are visiting!!

• Or just do a search for Daily Mail reviews and the first few that show up are all bad. Definitely not a well like site, except maybe by you.

It's enough for me to see them post articles good and bad about both democrats AND republicans to know they are a decent platform. I have read news articles that have been hidden and not reported by the mainstream media. Please do post where you get your "news" from that you consider realiable because the truth is nowadays none of them have 100% integrity in true journalism.