Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Sparcky Just curious - - - do you realize that virtually everyone you are talking to in this conservative politics thread truly believes that the government in your country is far more screwed up than ours?

Just wondered if you knew this?

Also curious if you have noticed that for the most part no ones here saying negative things about Canada or telling you what your laws should be?

imagine if all Canadians were as passionate as Sparcky but instead of others politics, about their own.

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• why not

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• Curious - - how many of you here actually think an 18 year old is truly an adult - - and I dont mean legally, I mean fully mature and responsible for themself?

Frankly I dont think most 18 year olds are even close and I have always felt the only reason 18 was ever made the legal age was to increase the number of males available for the draft in the later days of the Vietnam war

To be honest the way many young people still live with their parents until their 30's and college kids need safe spaces to hide from words I am not sure most 21 year olds are truly adults yes.

So what do you think?

• Sparcky Just curious - - - do you realize that virtually everyone you are talking to in this conservative politics thread truly believes that the government in your country is far more screwed up than ours?

Just wondered if you knew this?

Also curious if you have noticed that for the most part no ones here saying negative things about Canada or telling you what your laws should be?

have seen some threads about our infamous leader. But I don’t see where everyone believes that our government is far more screwed than yours. I definitely don’t. The clown in office up here is disliked by many also, but we don’t have the same issues as you do. I think they pale in comparison actually.

sure I have noticed not a lot about Canada posted in general, but thats to be expected as pretty much everyone except me is from the US. If this was a majority Canadian forum it would be the opposite.

Where do I tell you what your laws should be? i am just having conversation.

Do you take offence to me discussing your country, from my point of view as an Canadian? If so…..OH WELL. If I misunderstood your comment……SORRY EH!!!!(the canadian in me just came out)

• Ok so I was in the military at age 17, I was ready and wasn’t ready but hell even at age 30 I wasn’t ready to be an adult. Can’t put an age on it, either you are or not.

• imagine if all Canadians were as passionate as Sparcky but instead of others politics, about their own.

yeah, thats funny. I look at our politics as a PITA, an inconvenience. A clown is in office. It hasn’t affected me as much as it has others in different industries. And most of that was due to bad pandemic restrictions the past 2 years.

I don’t get worked up about ours, or yours, but discussing yours is more interesting to me as I see more different points of view. And why talk Canadian politics in a majority US forum.

The main reason I believe our clown, Trudope, is still in office is during the pandemic money grew on trees, and was given away freely. Even if you didn’t have an income before. Why would those people not vote for free money. Bribe money, if you will, without thought that they might have to go to work once the pandemic is over and the gravy train runs out.

• You don't see where the members here believe it because as non Canadians for the most part we, A, don't care and, B, we don't think it is our place to to be talking about how we think your country should be run - - but this is a conservative thread so for the most part the people posting here think liberal politics are very screwed up and since overall Canadas politics sit a good deal further to the left than those of the United States I would have thought it would be obvious.

And no I don't take offense, I just find it interesting that you have, what to me seems to be, a very strange desire to express your views on how you think a country you don't live in should be doing things - - - - In my almost 68 years of life I don't think its even crossed my mind one time to even think about how people and politicians in Canada are doing things, let alone if I agree with them or not - - never gave a crap and even if I did, not living there, I do not feel qualified to even form an opinion let alone tell you I dont think it good

Just has always seems to me that unless I actually live in a country, experience and understand that countries culture and history how could I ever be in a position to intelligently discuss their politics? - - political views are formed based on life experiences and the culture a person grows up surrounded by and having grown up here in the U.S. with our history and culture my perspective on these things will never be the same as a person who grew up in a different country with different culture and history

But what the heck if it makes you happy to talk about our politics its no skin off of my nose, but I still think its weird

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• yeah, thats funny. I look at our politics as a PITA, an inconvenience. A clown is in office. It hasn’t affected me as much as it has others in different industries. And most of that was due to bad pandemic restrictions the past 2 years.

I don’t get worked up about ours, or yours, but discussing yours is more interesting to me as I see more different points of view. And why talk Canadian politics in a majority US forum.

The main reason I believe our clown, Trudope, is still in office is during the pandemic money grew on trees, and was given away freely. Even if you didn’t have an income before. Why would those people not vote for free money. Bribe money, if you will, without thought that they might have to go to work once the pandemic is over and the gravy train runs out.

I would ask these people who think there is "free money" exactly where they think the money comes from. I dont know Canadian monetary policy, but around here the only way the government gets any money to give to people is by reaching in the pockets of other people where they take that money

Last night I was hearing a story on the news about the large group of gymnasts that is taking the FBI to court for 1 billion dollars because they feel they didn't protect them and the first thing that came to my mind was wondering if they realize that if they win in court and get their 1 billion dollars the government will have to tax the people to get that 1 billion dollars so that they can pay those gymnasts - - - wont actually cost the government a dime because government doesn't ever have its own money - - government takes money from the people and spends it.

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I would ask these people who think there is "free money" exactly where they think the money comes from. I dont know Canadian monetary policy, but around here the only way the government gets any money to give to people is by reaching in the pockets of other people where they take that money

Last night I was hearing a story on the news about the large group go gymnasts that is taking the FBI to court for 1 billion dollars because they feel they didn't protect them and the first thing that came to my mind was wondering if they realize that if they win in court and get their 1 billion dollars the government will have to tax the people to get that 1 billion dollars so that they can pay those gymnasts - - - wont actually cost the government a dime because government doesn't ever have its own money - - government takes money from the people and spends it.

thats the problem, the ones taking the free money don’t care. Why would they even ask, for fear of not getting it.

Our deficit, like yours is out of control, the Feds print money give it away, and the have to collect it back somewhere, so they raise taxes. We all have to pay for it in the end. I just keep working, paying my fair share and packing as much away as I can to be able to retire as early as possible. Sick of the rat race they call work.

I want to hide out in the bush, live in a log home, and live like Grizzly Adams, with a garage for my SS and Sleds. 😎😎

• Couldn't have said it better.

• thats the problem, the ones taking the free money don’t care. Why would they even ask, for fear of not getting it.

Our deficit, like yours is out of control, the Feds print money give it away, and the have to collect it back somewhere, so they raise taxes. We all have to pay for it in the end. I just keep working, paying my fair share and packing as much away as I can to be able to retire as early as possible. Sick of the rat race they call work.

I want to hide out in the bush, live in a log home, and live like Grizzly Adams, with a garage for my SS and Sleds. 😎😎

Eventually even the ones getting the money end up paying for it in higher prices for everything they buy - - people who provide goods and services will almost never just eat a tax increase, they are not stupid, instead they raise the price of the goods and services they provide to others.

Its the same reason why increasing the minimum wage never really lifts those who only earn minimum wage to a higher standard of living - you force employers to increase minimum wage and then they increase the price of everything they sell often leaving the bottom earners worse off than they were before - - its a never ending circle that always tends to hurt the very people they say they want to help.

Actually one of the things I find the funniest is when people call for eliminating tipping for people in the service industries - they say its better to pay them some low end "living wage" instead of making them rely on tips. I can tell you, my wife worked in tipping industries all of her working life and because she provided exceptional service with a great personality she made more money than she ever would have if they had just paid her some fixed hourly "living wage" - for her a bad night was $200 in tips and good nights were much better - - - her base pay was actually below minimum wage yet her annual take home was pretty much equal to mine as a vice president of a financial services company

Eliminating tips wont benefit workers unless they are the lazy workers with no personality all it really does is eliminate the incentive for the good worker to provide exceptional service

Oh, and just for fun here is one of the jokes that her coworkers always used to say

Whats the difference between a Canuck and a canoe?

Canucks don't tip. 8o8o8o

• Stopped and topped of the tank on my way home on this mornings ride. could have gone allot further, but I figured I was going to be going right by one of the lowest price stations so why not? - - - - - - 4.77 gallons - 30 bucks!!

wasn't long ago a full tank was under $30. =O

• Stopped and topped of the tank on my way home on this mornings ride. could have gone allot further, but I figured I was going to be going right by one of the lowest price stations so why not? - - - - - - 4.77 gallons - 30 bucks!!

wasn't long ago a full tank was under $30. =O

Can't get regular for that around here ...........

....... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......