Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Factual emails and hard evidence are hardly propaganda. You are correct though, he is a threat to the general public. He was before he was prez and still is. He wasn't impeached for one reason. MONEY. Many Republicans would not speak out against him as they feared losing his support, which also comes with his money. They feared if they lost that, they would lose their seat. Over a year later, that is changing as his sway is not as powerful as it used to be in the party. More Republicans are speaking out against him.

The Reps just need a better leader, and you might win next time around. Do you think DeSantis would do a good job?

Thats the good thing about a Democracy, you can vote to change it if you don't like it. But don't go sulking and throw a hissy fit for 4 years saying you won, when you didn't.

That is definitely one view. Completely wrong but a view nonetheless ...........

............. laugh-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Not saying it was a smart plan, or that it would have worked. But evidence from his campaign organizers is not good. Sounds like it was plan "C", as A and B didn't happen. It was a "left field, hail mary" they were trying to accomplish. Something that is impossible to do. Kind of like a "Get Smart" episode. What it does show is how desperate the Trump team was to secure a victory any way possible.

• Not saying it was a smart plan, or that it would have worked. But evidence from his campaign organizers is not good. Sounds like it was plan "C", as A and B didn't happen. It was a "left field, hail mary" they were trying to accomplish. Something that is impossible to do. Kind of like a "Get Smart" episode. What it does show is how desperate the Trump team was to secure a victory any way possible.

Stacy Abram has never conceded the loss of the Governor’s race in Georgia and is running again. ALL these politicians would run over their grandmother to win an election!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Possibly and a reasonable take from the outside..... however, if you look at the links I included which where all from the previous election it was neither out of the ordinary, illegal, or fraud. So the article you posted is propaganda that you swallowed hook, line, and sinker.

..angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Factual emails and hard evidence are hardly propaganda. You are correct though, he is a threat to the general public. He was before he was prez and still is. He wasn't impeached for one reason. MONEY. Many Republicans would not speak out against him as they feared losing his support, which also comes with his money. They feared if they lost that, they would lose their seat. Over a year later, that is changing as his sway is not as powerful as it used to be in the party. More Republicans are speaking out against him.

The Reps just need a better leader, and you might win next time around. Do you think DeSantis would do a good job?

Thats the good thing about a Democracy, you can vote to change it if you don't like it. But don't go sulking and throw a hissy fit for 4 years saying you won, when you didn't.

A threat to the general public? Never once in Trumps 4 years I feared or felt threatened by his presidency. On the contrary, right now I have a REAL fear of the path this country has taken and the ramifications of what this useless, malignant tumor of administration is doing to the country and the economy. There is not a single area that the US is doing well on and that is 100% on Joe Biden, not Trump. Propaganda did a real number on you.

• actually its my understanding that each State gets to choose how they allocate their electoral college votes - 48 states have chosen to do winner take all, but I am pretty sure the State is free to change this. Now having said this I do not know the process that would be required - if it is in that States constitution then it would clearly be more difficult than if its controlled by the States congress - - - Clearly though a State like California that is totally run by democrats probably has no desire to ever do this - - pretty sure it would only ever happen if a Republican some how won - - then they would do it in a heart beat

As you say above, nothing says the electors have to vote per the states popular vote so I would think if that is the case then they would be free to vote in proportion with the popular vote - so if the Dem in California wins with 60% of the vote and the R got the remaining 40% then when the electors cast their vote the Dem would get 60% of California's 55 electoral vote or 33 votes and the Republican would get the remaining 22 votes - - - to me this seems like the proper way for the electoral college system to be implemented. As it is now people like me who would almost never vote for the Democrat in a presidential election are very disenfranchised - - Seriously my presidential vote has not counted for a damn thing since Reagan took the State - - even when other Republicans actually won the country my vote was pretty much thrown away before it could be counted

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

It's ok, you have been sucked into the giant propaganda machine, Mainstream Media. Don't worry all this nonsense will soon be over. Book mark this page so you can refer to it later.

• It's ok, you have been sucked into the giant propaganda machine, Mainstream Media. Don't worry all this nonsense will soon be over. Book mark this page so you can refer to it later.

If you want an indicator of how things might go this next November you might want to take a look at the results of todays primary in California when they come in - - we have some big name Democrats that look to be at high risk of getting ousted and/or recalled - - - and you know that if Democrats start losing in California democrats in other states are in deep shit

• If you want an indicator of how things might go this next November you might want to take a look at the results of todays primary in California when they come in - - we have some big name Democrats that look to be at high risk of getting ousted and/or recalled - - - and you know that if Democrats start losing in California democrats in other states are in deep shit

Don't think for a second democrats are going to allow losing power, not this November and definitely not in 2024.

• It's ok, you have been sucked into the giant propaganda machine, Mainstream Media. Don't worry all this nonsense will soon be over. Book mark this page so you can refer to it later.

Here is the problem with your statement.

There are 2 types of media reporting. Opinions pieces, and actual news with facts. This is not an opinion piece, which many are, I admit. Lets use an example, FOX & Carlson, who is the most visible, Carlson is further right than most news personalities, and his pieces are propaganda by the left, and FOX is mainstream. Same with Washington Times. The left views that reporting as propaganda.

Many stations, ABC, Newsweek, NY Times, CBS are classified as left and obviously the right views them as mainstream propaganda. Facts aren't propaganda, opinions are. So next time you get sucked in by an opinion piece, instead of actual real factual news, think it through. (I know you won't as this is a Conservative forum, but you need to open up your mind a bit and think for yourself)

So, really your views are your own, and just because everyone else doesn't see the world through narrow blinders, doesn't mean your view is correct.

Thats the problem with both further left and further right, you don't have an open mind, its tunnel vision. Not "everything" the left does is horrible and the same goes for the right. Division breeds hate. The 2 sides need to come together on many things and yet can still have their differences in views.

One of us will soon say "I told ya so"

interesting article - https://scholar.harvard.edu/ba…_0614_liberalmedia_bw.pdf

• To my way of seeing things the politics of other countries and/or the people in other countries is very much like the mods other people do to their own Slingshot - - its really none of my business, it doesn't matter if I like it, it doesn't matter if I think its wise, it doesn't matter if I think it should be different - - - its not my Slingshot its theirs, and the only thing that matters is what they want to do with it and what makes them happy.

Seriously - unless I am specifically asked why would I assume they care?

JMO

• Don't think for a second democrats are going to allow losing power, not this November and definitely not in 2024.

Absolutely. If it took 2000 mules to get Biden into power, there will be 20,000 mules to help democrats keep it. The drug cartels have more than enough money and power to run that ground game. They have too much to lose to permit "free and fair elections".

...Facts aren't propaganda, opinions are. So next time you get sucked in by an opinion piece, instead of actual real factual news, think it through. (I know you won't as this is a Conservative forum, but you need to open up your mind a bit and think for yourself)...

Since you mentioned thinking for oneself...

Did you believe....

That Trump lied about being spied on? Now proven a lie.

That Trump was a Russian asset? Now proven a lie.

That Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation? Now proven a lie.

That Hydrochloriquin isn't a valid treatment for COVID? Now proven a lie.

Did "Many stations, ABC, Newsweek, NY Times, CBS" etc know they were lies? Probably not but they erred on the side of helping the left. Is that media being honest with you when they tell you that 81 million Americans fell in love with an aging, senile pedophile?

If you are on the left, do you view all these "coincidences" AS mere "coincidences" or a deliberate attempt to promote their point of view even if their "facts" are later proven wrong?

• I have had about 2-2.5 years of actually digging in and opening my eyes. I have sources and information far from the mainstream media. I rarely watch the news on TV. I would trust someone filming from their mobile phone the news than the news on TV. If you can't see the gaslighting than that is because it is working on you. Things have been going on for about 80 years. It's kinda like when you see someone everyday and do not notice the little changes vs not seeing someone for at least a year and then see them you are like what happened to you. I will use the statement "we are only as good as our tools" I know people in other countries as well as have multiple sources that are checked and cross referenced. With my current resources I can not get any deeper. We have been lied to about so many things most people would not know what to believe. Frankly some just can not handle or process it. The other saying "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" Well that definitely holds water in many cases. I always say do your own research, if you truly have an open mind you will look into things. How many things can happen until it is no longer a coincidence? I do not love Trump so let's not beat that drum. I do believe much of it is propaganda because he is a threat to those who are evil and corrupt. Why do you think they have been attacking him so much? Even with Biden as President they still are going after him. It is all to discredit him and everything they are doing is to stop him from ever being President again. I do not follow specific dates but I will guarantee you, what is coming is going to be shocking. What is more important is we are going to not only have a stock market crash, which it is already declining, we will also have a housing market crash. This is all going to go like dominos. No one has to believe me but as I said before bookmark this page because believe it or not things are going to change drastically.

Now to quickly address this liberal and conservative / Republican and Democrat classifications. There is corruption and greed and it can happen to anyone. You can buy a cop, you can buy a judge, you can buy a politician.. Temptation is real.. It has always been harder to be good.

• Remember only 4-5 companies own all of the media in the world. Now look at stocks and you will see BlackRock and Vanguard own almost everything among others. This is a system of design and corruption. The powerful people are behind the curtain.. more money than you can fathom. If you can find a crack head to kill someone for $50, what do you think someone with Billions if not Trillions of dollars can do? Remember the JFK magic bullet conspiracy? We just know what we are told, thankfully some people are more intelligent and even if they can't prove something know something is not right. How about 9/11? It is truly scary how many people take things at face value and are a sleep, just the way they like it.

• Donald Trump, Queen Elizabeth, and Vladimir Putin all die and go to Hell.
    While there, they spy a red phone and ask what the phone is for.
    The Devil tells them it is for calling back to Earth.
    Putin asks to call Russia and talks for 5 minutes.
    When he is finished the Devil informs him that the cost is a million dollars, so Putin writes him a check.

Next Queen Elizabeth calls England and talks for 30 minutes.
    When she is finished the Devil informs her that the cost is 6 million dollars, so she writes him a check.

Finally Trump gets his turn and talks for 4 hours.
    When finished, the Devil informs him that the cost is $5.00.

When Putin hears this he goes ballistic and asks the Devil why Trump got to call the USA so cheaply.
    The Devil smiles and replies, "Since Biden took over, the country’s gone to hell, so it's a local call.”

• I have had about 2-2.5 years of actually digging in and opening my eyes. I have sources and information far from the mainstream media. I rarely watch the news on TV. I would trust someone filming from their mobile phone the news than the news on TV. If you can't see the gaslighting than that is because it is working on you. Things have been going on for about 80 years. It's kinda like when you see someone everyday and do not notice the little changes vs not seeing someone for at least a year and then see them you are like what happened to you. I will use the statement "we are only as good as our tools" I know people in other countries as well as have multiple sources that are checked and cross referenced. With my current resources I can not get any deeper. We have been lied to about so many things most people would not know what to believe. Frankly some just can not handle or process it. The other saying "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" Well that definitely holds water in many cases. I always say do your own research, if you truly have an open mind you will look into things. How many things can happen until it is no longer a coincidence? I do not love Trump so let's not beat that drum. I do believe much of it is propaganda because he is a threat to those who are evil and corrupt. Why do you think they have been attacking him so much? Even with Biden as President they still are going after him. It is all to discredit him and everything they are doing is to stop him from ever being President again. I do not follow specific dates but I will guarantee you, what is coming is going to be shocking. What is more important is we are going to not only have a stock market crash, which it is already declining, we will also have a housing market crash. This is all going to go like dominos. No one has to believe me but as I said before bookmark this page because believe it or not things are going to change drastically.

Now to quickly address this liberal and conservative / Republican and Democrat classifications. There is corruption and greed and it can happen to anyone. You can buy a cop, you can buy a judge, you can buy a politician.. Temptation is real.. It has always been harder to be good.I

The majority of the mainstream media does lean left, Even its its just left of centre. So obviously biased towards the right.

There are many lies that the public has been told, by both sides. That will never change. Left lies about right and right lies about left. Right and Left used to be able to work together to compromise on issues, which is the biggest issue now, no one will compromise and the division gets worse.

Stock market crash, I agree. Things are getting worse up here also, as most markets are tied to the US. Same with housing. That market has changed drastically in 1month. We are a different in the housing situation due to our mortgage regulations, but still going to be a mess, with interest rated rising. We can’t foreclose up here as most mortgages are secured and insured through the Feds.

• The majority of the mainstream media does lean left, Even its its just left of centre. So obviously biased towards the right.

There are many lies that the public has been told, by both sides. That will never change. Left lies about right and right lies about left. Right and Left used to be able to work together to compromise on issues, which is the biggest issue now, no one will compromise and the division gets worse.

Stock market crash, I agree. Things are getting worse up here also, as most markets are tied to the US. Same with housing. That market has changed drastically in 1month. We are a different in the housing situation due to our mortgage regulations, but still going to be a mess, with interest rated rising. We can’t foreclose up here as most mortgages are secured and insured through the Feds.

Both the left and right in this country intentionally work to divide the people. they know that keeping us arguing and fighting among ourselves increases their power and control - - - the government here in the United States stopped being "by and for the people" a very long time ago and has evolved into its own special elite political class that truly believes it is superior to and above "the people"

The biggest trick the parties have played on their followers is to convince them that they care about the people - - they don't - - If they truly believe what they passed was actually what was best for everyone then why do they exempt themselves from so much of it?????

• Sparcky Just curious - - - do you realize that virtually everyone you are talking to in this conservative politics thread truly believes that the government in your country is far more screwed up than ours?

Just wondered if you knew this?

Also curious if you have noticed that for the most part no ones here saying negative things about Canada or telling you what your laws should be?

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().